Mom's don't look like that!!!

Options
CorvusCorax77
CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
Takei posted on his FB today this pic and said something about moms:

576474_571850132844444_10245558_n.jpg

a lot of the comments were "rowr! i earned my stripes" and what not. But the negative comments included people saying this is gross.

but what really gets me is how many people complained that a "REAL MOM" wouldn't have such a flat belly. WHoa. MFP really has affected how I see the world. THe moms here are all in this kinda shape! I wanna smack all the people who say a mom can't be fit. I just wanna scream on Takei's page "MOMS CAN BE THIN! WE JUST GOTTA WORK AT IT!!!!!!!!!!"

Hard work pays off!!!!!

Keep it up MFP mamas! You are such babes and bas a$$es!

Replies

• swthrtsmrf
    Options
    Love your take on it! THat person should be smacked! And have a reality check!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This picture has been circulating for a while now, and it's quite empowering to those of us who have BAD stretch marks due to having kids. People can be hurtful, though. I don't think there's a single social networking site, this one included, that won't have something bad to say about...well, practically anything.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Who says moms can't be hot? I'm a mom! I want some names:mad:
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Wait, they were talking about the belly in the picture?

THAT is considered a fat belly? FFS, getting real tired of your shenanigans FB.
  • Fat2fitplease
    Options
    I cant wait to look like that
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    ^^^ she said "flat" not "fat"! It's pretty flat :smile:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Makes me glad I abandoned my facebook page.
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    People are stupid, I'd take 10 times the stretch marks I have now for my beautiful children! Maybe if they'd stop photo shopping every celebrity and magazine cover, people wouldn't have some twisted view of how "real" people look.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    That picture makes me giggle, too. Perfect, flat, tight belly with itty bitty clear stretch marks. Some people get super lucky!
    My lower stomach is wrecked from having such a short torso and two fairly large sized babies for my size. My goal was to be that mom on the beach that made people say "Damn it, she does NOT have little little kids"... so what did I do? Ordered a high-waisted 1950's style bikini. Suck it, stretch marks. You don't win.
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Keep it up MFP mamas! You are such babes and bas a$$es!

Agree! I can't wait to look like that picture!
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Mom of two with a pretty flat belly (19%BF) - Love how people can spew such crap and call it gold. :/
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    ^^^ she said "flat" not "fat"! It's pretty flat :smile:
    Aaahh oops! See, this is why I should get my glasses lol. Still, point stands. Silly overly-judgemental facebook peeps. :c
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I think you have to be a mom TO be hot!
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I'm working on my flat.... little more wiggle and jiggle right now, lol... but I'm a mom of two and I will make it there! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The reason people spew that garbage is because they simply don't have the dedication necessary to do it. It's easier to make excuses. I know a few moms who are in just incredible shape and others that think the fact they've had kids just gives them license to be fat and out of shape. My wife would be in the former as well as a couple of her friends...they're awesome!
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    I got so tired of hearing people say well you look great ....for having 3 kids. SCREW that I want to just look great period! So yes I have had 3 kids but I am a HOT MOM!! Even with a few stripes and scars...
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I think some people say it because they are too lazy.... But I think far too many actually believe it. I never really believed it. I thought I couldn't be thin due to genes....but I am. So there. No limitations but those you put on yourself!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Um, I am a real mum, I have no photographic evidence, but 3 years ago when I got pretty lean and mean, my stomach was flat and the veins were even poking out in that region (was lifting heavy as usual)...no abs, but flat tummy. I see loads of mums who are the same. Real women can and do look fit and healthy. It does take hard work, there are no easy routes to looking and feeling great...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum of 2 young kids and although I don't have a flat belly (yet!) I don't think I look too bad! I know some mums who are lucky enough to have flat bellies with no effort! Not everyone puts on weight in pregnancy.
  • UmMasud
    UmMasud Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Actually, the one thing that keeps me going is the desire to have a better formed tummy. Not flat- I don't think I'll ever be flat-but l'd like to be less flabby and wobbly. A slightly rounded, feminine tum would keep me more than happy. The stretch marks- I'll just have to live with. I've realised there's nothing I can do to change that so I'm just going to focus on the aspects I can change. We can't all aim for perfection. To aim for improvement is much more realistic.