Noob season at the gym already?

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I know what's happening!!!

You know on the Discovery Channel, when allllllllllllllllllllllll the baby sea turtles come crawling on to the sand and waddling and flipping over each other to make it to safety.....?

Well millions of baby noobs are rolling in about this time of year. It's best to get a good seat, occasionally flip one back right side up and basically just keep your fingers crossed that as many of them make it as possible.

edited for spelling

:D
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How about picking out one of those noobs who looks particularly uncomfortable being there, and walking over and saying hi? It seems every day there is a post on here by someone afraid to hit the free weight area or even walk into a gym. Why don't we all be part of the solution to that and try to help rather than just being a d*ck.
    EXACTLY!
    Everyone walked into a gym for a 'first time.' No need to be elitist about it.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

You know on the Discovery Channel, when allllllllllllllllllllllll the baby sea turtles come crawling on to the sand and waddling and flipping over each other to make it to safety.....?

Well millions of baby noobs are rolling in about this time of year. It's best to get a good seat, occasionally flip one back right side up and basically just keep your fingers crossed that as many of them make it as possible.

edited for spelling

/thread.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just moved here a few weeks ago. We get the "oh no more newbies" looks. Little do they know we have been in the gym several days a week every week for over a year now.

I just roll my eyes and keep it pushing.
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How about picking out one of those noobs who looks particularly uncomfortable being there, and walking over and saying hi? It seems every day there is a post on here by someone afraid to hit the free weight area or even walk into a gym. Why don't we all be part of the solution to that and try to help rather than just being a d*ck.

I'd like to do that, but I don't want to offend anyone. Like, some people who need to lose weight are REALLY paranoid about anyone talking to them in the gym.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY!
    Everyone walked into a gym for a 'first time.' No need to be elitist about it.

You know, that would be a nice thing to do - help/befriend instead of being an *kitten*. Now I remember why I don't join a gym and workout at home -.-
  • mocbazgh
    Options
    I know right?! I can't stand collage kids! They're just so random and all over the place!

Lol I see what you did there
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    You gotta start somewhere, sometime. BEST of luck to them all. BUT don't hog the squat rack.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I love how they stand around looking for direction. I'm like there's a treadmill turn it on! Lol

I admit, I'd probably be one of these people. I know how to turn the damn thing on, it is just I'm probably standing around trying to get the nerve to just not be self-conscious.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

edited for spelling

I still feel new after 9 months and keep hoping not to get flipped back into the sand! I am making it to the ocean baby! .I would give anything to have someone there with me to work on form together or at the very least someone that understood that I want to be good at this and want to be amazing but need some guidance but too damn scared to ask for it!
  • madworld1
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere. I try to make them comfortable. As most of us know, it's not easy being a "noob."
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Post of the day ^^^
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

edited for spelling

:heart:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    If you don't start some time, you'll always be a noob. Maybe they're like me, and wanted a gym membership for Christmas, and they actually received one.
  • sheddingmyfatsuit
    sheddingmyfatsuit Posts: 28 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I love how they stand around looking for direction. I'm like there's a treadmill turn it on! Lol
    <
    Be a real shame to help someone out that might need it.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Post of the day ^^^

agreed :smokin:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've been going to the gym regularly since September 2011. It's the second December while I've been going to the gym.
    I remember the crowds in January through about the middle of February, but this year, It's already packed a week before Xmas.

Has anyone noticed? What's going on?

I'm one of them, sorry...it's not intentional, it just happened that I got my butt in gear in November...has nothing to do with resolutions or anything like that. Have to start somewhere, so I guess...yeah...I'm a noob.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

I have never set foot in a gym . . . lost 50 pds this year, gym time in Jan. , sure hope someone lke this will see my " noobness" and help me out. Like wise when they need prep help for a 100 mile ride, I will help, not ridicule. Thanks for the post OP !
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You know, that would be a nice thing to do - help/befriend instead of being an *kitten*. Now I remember why I don't join a gym and workout at home -.-
    Unfortunately whenever you help/befriend someone they take it the wrong way, especially chicks who think every guy in the gym is a pig/mega-perv that just wants to hook up in the gym locker room later.
This discussion has been closed.