Keep Your Curves

Options

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You don't lose your shape since that was genetically set at conception. You lose body fat. So in essence you're saying don't get too skinny.

^^^this. If you "lost your curves," they weren't "curves."
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah - be whatever size you want. If you want to be a size 0 - be a zero! If you want to be a 22, be a 22! YAY!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I mean, if your skeleton, muscles and organs allow and you still have your period.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I gained curves. Woot!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Oh! That's so true, what's a woman without curves
    Wow, that makes me feel great about my naturally non-curvy body. Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Fat =/= curvy
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'd rather let go of my curves. But I doubt that will ever happen. :ohwell:
  • matthej28
    matthej28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I get this post!!!! What she means is those of us who are curvy not to get too wrapped up in weightloss and turn into a bag of bones, Although I know curvy is a body shape and you're either curvy or not, I'm pretty sure if I dropped down to like 100 lbs at 5'7, I wouldn't be curvy anymore, just sickly-looking.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    Sadly, I have no curves. I am a straight body type..
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you are truly a curvy person, you will stay curvy no matter what your weight is. If you are not a curvy person and only "appear curvy" when you're heavy, you will no longer be "curvy" when you loose weight.

Both ways are okay. Really.

This, exactly.

Even if I super toned, I'm still going to be curvy because I have really wide hips. I can't change my skeleton.

"Curvy" has to do with body SHAPE, not body fat. People tend to confuse the two.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You don't lose your shape since that was genetically set at conception. You lose body fat. So in essence you're saying don't get too skinny.

Boobs are part of being curvy, and they are partially made of fat. Most women lose some boob when losing weight, so technically you can lose some curve.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Oh! That's so true, what's a woman without curves, they mustn't be too much but I mean a woman needs some definition. As I lose weight I sem to get shapelier with some hips I never knew I had, I love them and don't want to EVER lose 'em.

Well, for starters, a woman without curves is still a woman.

But thanks for that.

:angry:
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    You know what else gives you lovely curves? Lifting Heavy =D
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

Boobs are part of being curvy, and they are partially made of fat. Most women lose some boob when losing weight, so technically you can lose some curve.

Not really no.. I would not consider the fat in your breasts to be curves. If you're overweight you will have fat in your breasts, if you're not it would be mostly breast tissue and you can't lose breast tissue (without operation).
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I could weigh 100 pounds and still be curvy. My bones refuse to restructure themselves.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I could weigh 100 pounds and still be curvy. My bones refuse to restructure themselves.

Agree!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have curves... ohhhhh do I have curves... and they're far more pronounced now that I lost that last 15 pounds. I actually have somewhat of an hourglass figure (check the blue dress in the profile pic)...

Losing fat helped me FIND my curves.

mmmmm curves...
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

having kids was the worst thing EVER for my boobs... they ballooned while nursing and deflated thereafter.
    NOTHING could have been worse for my boobs than having children.

but good lord, am I ever thankful I lost THOSE curves, because my children are my life! :heart:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ladies as we're all on a weight loss journey. Keep your curves, do not let the media define what is sexy for you. I see a lot of celebrities who we're all ready slim & trim, getting smaller and losing their sexy curvy figures. I can see how excercising and eating right can be addictive (but let's not trade in one addiction for another). I hate taking my rest day, I feel like I missed a week. In my opinion as females we should have a little something to hold on too. Although I want to be fit, I still want to keep some of my thickness. All that was to say, Keep your Curves we do not have to be a size 0 to be Sexy. People sure are sensitive, I was stating my Opinion, I wasn't saying that if you are a size 0 you're not sexy or if you're are muscular you're not attractive. I think curves are sexy so I posted about them. You do what is right for you, that is the whole point of the post. Get over yourself, it's not about you.

If I weighed 90 pounds, I'd have curves. I love my curves. I don't love my fat rolls.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I have curves... ohhhhh do I have curves... and they're far more pronounced now that I lost that last 15 pounds. I actually have somewhat of an hourglass figure (check the blue dress in the profile pic)...

Losing fat helped me FIND my curves.

mmmmm curves...

same here. Fat loss and weight gain helped define my curves.