Keep Your Curves

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The problem, OP and DoomCakes, is that there is a lot of body-hate that goes on here. Specifically aimed at women.

A picture of a muscular woman is posted and everyone says "Eww gross". Someone posts a picture of a thin, non-muscular woman and everyone says "Eww gross". Every day there are posts about hating thighs, hating stomachs, hating calves, hating stretch marks, hate, hate, hate. People make threads about "Curvy is the best way" or "Thin is the best way". All these posts just lead to more hate. Women read them and get confused about what is ok and what isn't ok. They don't know if they can be socially accepted when the pursue those muscles, or that thinner look. And that's not what should be going on. We should love our bodies, we should take care of them, and we should support each other in being HEALTHY - because as long as it's healthy, everyone should pursue whatever body type they want.

When you make a post, or respond to a post, and start to pigeonhole people into certain body types and say that "I don't like that" or "You should be this way" you're just contributing to the problem. And that's why everyone disagreed with you and pointed it out. Because some of us have seen the hate too many times and we are simply trying to make it stop.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I love my curves small waist, curvy hips ,and thick thighs..rather shapely just looking to improve my health is all. unique no one person is the same.

Same here! But I wouldn't mind a little less on my thighs LOL

add some of my thighs to my butt...lol

I've got plenty of butt too, maybe I could put some on my boobs LOL
  • matthej28
    matthej28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well good for you!!! Unfortunately, at 100 pounds, I would be underweight and in the hospital. So many people are like "my skeleton, can't change my skeleton!!!" Um, your bone structure only goes so far. If that's the case, let me drop down to 70 pounds and become emaciated on my death bed. But nope, I'll still be "curvy" cause it's my skeleton!!!!! Ridiculous.......people need to stop getting so offended over this woman's comment. She tried to write something positive for us curvy girls trying to lose a bit of weight, and everyone gets bent out of shape. Settle down, please!!

*EDIT*: This is in response to the people that said they could still be "curvy" at 90 and 100 pounds. If that's what you think...... And as I stated in my previous comment, I'm 5'7. I am taller than the average woman: 90 pounds at my height is CRAZY.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    I want to see this thread with all men talking. Now that would be really funny. Ladies, isn't it more about how you carry yourself than your shape? Curvy girls need to stop bashing skinny girls and skinny girls need to stop bashing curvy girls. What does this say about women? Just love the skin you're in and work to be the best you can be, whatever shape that is.
    Who, on this thread, is bashing anyone for being curvy?

I didn't say anybody on this thread was bashing curvy girls. I said girls (IN GENERAL) need to stop bashing each other for their figures. Learn how to read.
  • TaterTotz777
    Options
    i believe in curves and most men do too
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

hahaha, did you take a poll of all men and most agreed?
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

:huh:

Is that like believing in Santa or the Tooth Fairy? And ZOMG, you're right! I'm never gonna find a man now with my smaller *kitten*!!!!

Oh, wait.

I've been married for almost 21 years to a man who loves me for who I *AM*, not what I LOOK like. He loved me at 222 pounds, and he loves me now. Beauty and curves fade, but what's on the inside doesn't.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who says "you're not going to get any skinnier, are you? Like, don't you want to be kind of soft and feminine?" And she says the same things....She loves her curves and thickness. LOL. I told her I have more curves now than I ever did when I was 30 lbs heavier. Then I just had...well, kind of rolls. :)

To each their own. Do what makes YOU happy. That's all that really matters anyway.

Wow, I heard the same thing. "You're not going to get any skinnier, are you?".. But it was from the guy I've been dating for a year. He then held up his finger to insinuate I was turning into a stick.
    Uhm, I'm not a stick. I've never heard that one before! And as has been mentioned many times in this post, your shape is your shape, regardless of weight. I am curvy. I still am curvy. I just have less fat over my curves, exaggerating their roundness. :wink: I love the shape I am getting again. And if he doesn't like it, that is his problem. I'm not doing this for him. It's for me and my health and happiness.

To add, as I've seen some hurtful opinions on other body types--- women of all shapes are beautiful.
  • Allegra_Williams
    Options
    I'm a banana shape. I don't have curves. :(

However, adding muscle does add curves... so that is my long term goal. :) Rumpa bump bump.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    When I accidentally dropped below my goal weight (BMI of 20, BF% about the same, according to silly scales), I shrank to less than an A cup. I chose to gain then, and I'm nervous to go much below my current weight for fear of losing those particular curves. I might try it out again some day though... For me, that's the key: my body = my choice :flowerforyou:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I want to see this thread with all men talking. Now that would be really funny. Ladies, isn't it more about how you carry yourself than your shape? Curvy girls need to stop bashing skinny girls and skinny girls need to stop bashing curvy girls. What does this say about women? Just love the skin you're in and work to be the best you can be, whatever shape that is.

I didn't say anybody on this thread was bashing curvy girls. I said girls (IN GENERAL) need to stop bashing each other for their figures. Learn how to read.
    I apologise. I misread you and/or jumped to conclusions (I'm quite tired, it was at least one of those...)
  • justkeepswimng
    Options

I apologise. I misread you and/or jumped to conclusions (I'm quite tired, it was at least one of those...)

Lol. No harm done.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Well good for you!!! Unfortunately, at 100 pounds, I would be underweight and in the hospital. So many people are like "my skeleton, can't change my skeleton!!!" Um, your bone structure only goes so far. If that's the case, let me drop down to 70 pounds and become emaciated on my death bed. But nope, I'll still be "curvy" cause it's my skeleton!!!!! Ridiculous.......people need to stop getting so offended over this woman's comment. She tried to write something positive for us curvy girls trying to lose a bit of weight, and everyone gets bent out of shape. Settle down, please!!

*EDIT*: This is in response to the people that said they could still be "curvy" at 90 and 100 pounds. If that's what you think...... And as I stated in my previous comment, I'm 5'7. I am taller than the average woman: 90 pounds at my height is CRAZY.

What? No. That's not what we meant. We were making the point that if we were just our skeletons, we'd still be curvy because that's how our skeleton is shaped. Wide hips, etc. When you layer muscle and skin on top of it, no matter how much skin/muscle you have, you're still curvy because the base (skeleton) is curvy. It's like the frame of a house determining what kind of house it is. My waist-to-hip ratio is the exact same ratio at 310 pounds as it was when I weighed 160. My shape has not changed, nor will it change, no matter how much fat I lose.

Nobody meant they'd literally starve themselves to the point of emaciation.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I love my curves. They're meant to stay, too!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    The problem, OP and DoomCakes, is that there is a lot of body-hate that goes on here. Specifically aimed at women.

A picture of a muscular woman is posted and everyone says "Eww gross". Someone posts a picture of a thin, non-muscular woman and everyone says "Eww gross". Every day there are posts about hating thighs, hating stomachs, hating calves, hating stretch marks, hate, hate, hate. People make threads about "Curvy is the best way" or "Thin is the best way". All these posts just lead to more hate. Women read them and get confused about what is ok and what isn't ok. They don't know if they can be socially accepted when the pursue those muscles, or that thinner look. And that's not what should be going on. We should love our bodies, we should take care of them, and we should support each other in being HEALTHY - because as long as it's healthy, everyone should pursue whatever body type they want.

When you make a post, or respond to a post, and start to pigeonhole people into certain body types and say that "I don't like that" or "You should be this way" you're just contributing to the problem. And that's why everyone disagreed with you and pointed it out. Because some of us have seen the hate too many times and we are simply trying to make it stop.
    ^ yes this!!

ETA: OP just want to say I think your heart was in the right place by starting this thread. As a somewhat "curve less" lady I'm not personally offended at all but I think the above poster nailed it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

What? No. That's not what we meant. We were making the point that if we were just our skeletons, we'd still be curvy because that's how our skeleton is shaped. Wide hips, etc. When you layer muscle and skin on top of it, no matter how much skin/muscle you have, you're still curvy because the base (skeleton) is curvy. It's like the frame of a house determining what kind of house it is. My waist-to-hip ratio is the exact same ratio at 310 pounds as it was when I weighed 160. My shape has not changed, nor will it change, no matter how much fat I lose.

Nobody meant they'd literally starve themselves to the point of emaciation.

Exactly.

I'd be WAY too thin at 90 pounds, but I'd still have a waist 12 inches smaller than my hips and large breasts (I do not lose weight there) and a wide rib cage with broad shoulders. I'm an hourglass. I will be an hourglass at 200 pounds or 90 pounds. Thus, curvy,
  • matthej28
    Options
    There are a lot of people with wide hips that I would not consider curvy. And yeah, my example was extreme, but the point I was trying to make is that to me, there are a lot of factors than go into being curvy. Weight distribution and body shape are equally important. And I'm sorry, but the words "curvy skeleton" sound ridiculous together lol. If I went around at 90 pounds yelling "I'm curvy! I'm still curvy!", I'm sure people would be like, "And what drugs are you taking?" And even though I have large boobs (genetically), since boobs consist of fat, I'm pretty sure those would be gone too, seeing as my body fat percentage would be at low levels. I've been using this "90 lbs" example, but if I was 400 pounds, I wouldn't consider myself curvy either. I guess my definition of curvy (nice WHR, with bigger hips and boobs, a round butt, and a relatively flat-ish stomach) is different than everyone else. That's just how I feel.
  • xFitnessFlirt
    Options
    I love my curves too but hate my belly fat more. But I think even if I lost the weight I'll still be somewhat curvy since my hip bones are so wide and my ribs are huge. so I guess I'm lucky :P
  • matthej28
    Options
    I think that's the problem with this thread; everyone has different definitions of curvy. And there's nothing wrong with that, but maybe we should let people just think what they want, instead of the "You're wrong, I'm right" stuff that is/was going on.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people with wide hips that I would not consider curvy. And yeah, my example was extreme, but the point I was trying to make is that to me, there are a lot of factors than go into being curvy. Weight distribution and body shape are equally important. And I'm sorry, but the words "curvy skeleton" sound ridiculous together lol. If I went around at 90 pounds yelling "I'm curvy! I'm still curvy!", I'm sure people would be like, "And what drugs are you taking?" And even though I have large boobs (genetically), since boobs consist of fat, I'm pretty sure those would be gone too, seeing as my body fat percentage would be at low levels. I've been using this "90 lbs" example, but if I was 400 pounds, I wouldn't consider myself curvy either. I guess my definition of curvy (nice WHR, with bigger hips and boobs, a round butt, and a relatively flat-ish stomach) is different than everyone else. That's just how I feel.

Not every woman's breasts are all or even mostly fat. There is mammary tissue in there and some women have far more mammary tissue than fat in their breasts.

I have not weighed 90 pounds as an adult, but I have weighed 102 pounds and I was still curvy and still had D-cup breasts.

Defining "curvy" as "overweight" is just a way to feel good about being overweight.