Options
12346»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there are other methods of preparing eggs

Hmmm...I wonder...
    Anyways... I need something quick to grab, go and eat. I can't whip up some scrambled eggs or an omlet at work. Unless you know how to prepare those using a microwave? I'm not a huge fan of "re-heating" scrambled eggs or omlets.
    Thanks for you wise input though. :wink:

I learned how to microwave a "fried" egg. It takes about a minute in the microwave in a shallow bowl with wax paper over it.
  • sesquive
    sesquive Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Why don't you poach the eggs instead? You are not using oil and can cook it which ever way you like, hard or soft. During my weekend brunches I like to place my poached eggs on dry toast and a side salad.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    If they are gooey, you didnt boil them long enough.

Or you didn't describe them properly and you just don't like hard boiled eggs & chose to describe them as gooey.
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If you make sure to cook them longer they shouldn't be gooey at all.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Get a whoopie pie pan or a jumbo muffin tin.

I'm sorry, but get a what???
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    what about low fat mozereella sticks?

Low fat mozzarella sticks = eggs nutritionally?

*sigh*

I HEART U.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my nutritionist insticts tell me I NEED hard boiled eggs. Good protein..yada, yada, yada. My problem is, I can't stand the texture of them. I can deal with the taste, but the texture just reminds me of eating a gooey, smelly glob of grossness. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas to make this better? Thanks!

why do they have to be hard boiled? hard boiled eggs are nasty as hell. Just eat them however you like eggs. Over easy, in my case. or soft boiled. Or anything.

nutritionally there should be no difference between any egg prep so if she thinks you need to eat them, just eat them how you like.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Why don't you poach the eggs instead? You are not using oil and can cook it which ever way you like, hard or soft. During my weekend brunches I like to place my poached eggs on dry toast and a side salad.

... do you ever need oil when preparing eggs???
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat eggs
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my nutritionist insticts tell me I NEED hard boiled eggs. Good protein..yada, yada, yada. My problem is, I can't stand the texture of them. I can deal with the taste, but the texture just reminds me of eating a gooey, smelly glob of grossness. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas to make this better? Thanks!

why do they have to be hard boiled? hard boiled eggs are nasty as hell. Just eat them however you like eggs. Over easy, in my case. or soft boiled. Or anything.

nutritionally there should be no difference between any egg prep so if she thinks you need to eat them, just eat them how you like.

Oh I just saw your response that you need to take them to go. Why? Eat eggs at night if you're lacking in eggs, have something else easy to grab in the morning? But yeah you CAN microwave eggs, I'm told. But assuming the nutritionist wants you to have protein + health fats you could always just have some protein powder and nuts.

otherwise, if I MUST eat a hard boiled egg, chopping it up and mixing in a little seasing/salad dressing helps.
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can always buy them already cooked like I do; those are preatty good in my opinion:

http://www.egglandsbest.com/egg-products/hard-cooked-peeled-eggs.aspx
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    YOU NEED TO MAKE MINI CRUSTLESS EGG QUICHE CUPS.

TAKE SOME EGGS OR EGG SUBSTITUTE, ADD TO A BOWL WITH CHOPPED VEGGIES AND/OR MEAT (I LIKE BELL PEPPERS, MUSHROOMS, SPINACH AND BACON OR HAM) AND SHREDDED CHEESE, MIX AND THEN POUR INTO MUFFIN TINS, BAKE AND ENJOY. THEY TASTE FINE RE-HEATED IN THE MICROWAVE.

Sorry for the caps. I just felt like this information needed to be yelled :indifferent:
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options

TAKE SOME EGGS OR EGG SUBSTITUTE, ADD TO A BOWL WITH CHOPPED VEGGIES AND/OR MEAT (I LIKE BELL PEPPERS, MUSHROOMS, SPINACH AND BACON OR HAM) AND SHREDDED CHEESE, MIX AND THEN POUR INTO MUFFIN TINS, BAKE AND ENJOY. THEY TASTE FINE RE-HEATED IN THE MICROWAVE.

Sorry for the caps. I just felt like this information needed to be yelled :indifferent:

:laugh: Actually, since you yelled this at me, it did catch my eyes! LOL. Thanks, I'll have to try this. :happy:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Real men don't eat quiche.

Which is a real shame because it is absolutely to die for. Mmm mmm mmmmm.
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i like boiled eggs with mustard on them - tastes like a deviled egg but no fat from the mayo :)
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I cook veggies and cool them. I beat eggs into them and bring it to work. I microwave in this:

http://www.wdrake.com/walterdrake/displayitem.aspx?id=330859

But a greased mug works well. I think I got it at Target. Works very well. HTH.
  • sesquive
    sesquive Posts: 26 Member
    Options

... do you ever need oil when preparing eggs???

No, I guess if you are scrambling eggs or frying people use PAM or some other cooking spray...
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    if you want high cholesterol, by all means add more eggs to your diet