Black Team week 13!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Happe Easter To Everyone

Off to do my 5 mile run then head to the gym for an hour or so...

Gotta finish up putting a new unit and duct work in with hubby...

Went to mcdonalds last night got a 4 piece kids meal chicken nugget to hold me over for dinner since I burned 900 calories yesterday morning and pretty much ran the whole time at work yesterday..so needlessto say I was starving...Told hubs I just wanted the happy meal to tide me over....went to work with him to help him with the unit and about 730 pm we get done..he said where do you want to eat..I said no where I am to tried...So needless to say I think I have come a long way...why eat I wasnt hungry...I could have eaten OUT if he had eaten out..But he didnt either...But ya'll know today is my day to enjoy...gonna try to kill about 1300 calories and then enjoy my day...

Off to run then gym then finish unit change out then baseball practice then lunch with mom then headed to brother to color 10 dozens egg then baseball game for nephew then out to dinner with 8 kids and 5 adult....Boy I am gonna be one tired lady!!!

Marla and Tanya- Hugs to you for different reason

Lori- YOu deck looks amazing

Lori B- Walgreens have chocolate covered peeps and dark chocoalte covered peeps

Beth- Great job in step class

and everyone else I forgot...running behind gotta get my behind out there and run!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Kati - Do NOT freak out about the cavities...from what our dentist told me, some kids just have "soft" teeth (especially baby teeth). Have you ever asked about sealants? My oldest was born with a "birth defect" (sounds so weird...) where he has soft spots on his teeth that are more prone to decay. We scrub his teeth 2-3 times a day since he's had them & they are still getting "sticky" and starting to show signs. We're getting his baby teeth sealed to hopefully prevent having to do fillings on baby teeth. the things we have to worry about! Geesh!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lori FL - Awesome deck! I'm quite impressed. I learned how to do ceramic tile with our first bathroom & we did it again for our half bath. The trickiest part is cutting the junk. The rest is cake. You could totally do it!

Marla - I love that your daughters work out with you. That is just awesome. :smooched:

Beth - Yeah...I gained a "few" back :embarassed: But, once January got here, I got my head out of my butt. :laugh: I'm so glad to be on the tail end...and I'm here this time smarter for failing if that makes sense. I know now that I HAVE to log. I know now that I have serious eating problems when I get stressed. I know that this WILL be a life long battle for me. Honestly, I'm glad I fell on my face b/c I learned a lot about myself that I never really accepted before. *hugs* WTG on your step class! You rock, woman!

Lori PA - Try not to freak out about the potty training. HP will tell you when she's ready. The best thing we did for potty training all 3 of them was just to keep a kiddie potty in the bathroom. Then, it was at their use whenever they wanted to try it out. We usually just sat them on it right before bath time at night just to get them used to it & not scared of it. But, as you know, T potty trained herself so hopefully HP will, too! It's the best kind of potty training there is! :drinker: :laugh: (We're not even going to discuss potty training the boys...I won't submit you to that kind of horror :laugh: )

Tamara - WTG! That is dedication! Enjoy your run!

Tanya - *HUGS* I know that feeling. It sucks. I hope something changes for you!

Happy Easter to everyone else! I'm heading upstairs for my weigh-in...and I'm hoping to see 149.something... stay tuned. :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Morning team. I hate being awake before 6 on a Saturday morning! I feel like I have sand/sawdust in my eyes. I still want to be sleeping. The rest of the house is sleeping, I am awake. :grumble: Oh, the days when I used to be able to sleep in. Heaven.

You all know what I'll be doing today. I'm happy hubs took the last 2 days off to have a nice long 4 day weekend, but I'm almost ready for it to be over so I can take a work break. Poor guy, he's probably ready to go back to work.

We have no plans for Easter. We only have 2 of the kids. We have never really found a church here. We have no family close by. I know we will end up getting up and working all day again tomorrow unless I make plans otherwise. Maybe we need to do something fun.

Most of the time I don't mind being far away from family, but around holiday times it's hard. I have a close family that gets together for meals and to hang out for the day, not just my brothers and sisters, but aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Even worse is when Tom is deployed and it's just me and the kids. There is an empty feeling, like something is missing.

Well, hope everybody has a great Saturday, I believe most of us are East Coastish and the weather is supposed to be great!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    *HUGS* to Lori. I hope you're able to find something fun to do with your family tomorrow! :heart:

I weighed in...then kicked my scale. Not the number I was hoping for, but still lower than a few days ago. 150.2. Just give me 149.8, dang it! *stomps feet*
  • 72lori
    Options
    *HUGS* to Lori. I hope you're able to find something fun to do with your family tomorrow! :heart:

I weighed in...then kicked my scale. Not the number I was hoping for, but still lower than a few days ago. 150.2. Just give me 149.8, dang it! *stomps feet*

Been there, been doing that for a year. 149.999999 would be alright. :tongue: I have been in the 140's a few times, but it never seems to last for more than a day or so. Here's wishing you much better luck with the ONE FOUR numbers than I've had! :drinker:

Somewhere along the line I decided to accept 150-153 as ok. I guess if you can't beat it, the best thing to do is join it, right?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    *plugs ears* LALALALA

:laugh:

"last time" I did this, I got to 145...but my body seemed "happy" at 148. I think mine was mental, though. As soon as I hit my goal, we had a funeral, and then vacation, and then summer and I just thought I could do it on my own. OH, and I got the gym membership. Honestly, the worst thing I ever did on this journey. It's 20 minutes away, not easy to get to with the kids, thought I could just do the gym 3 days a week & still lose, stopped working out at home except for an occassional outdoor run....etc... yapyap.gif

Like I said, I'm in a different place mentally now. Hopefully that'll work to my advantage...I hope. :embarassed: Thanks, Lori!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I'm glad you are in a different place mentally, it's a head game, I've said it a thousand times. You have to figure out what works for you. You are on a roll right now, so go for it!

Sometimes I wonder why our body feels the need to be happy in a place our heads are not? Just to add to the conflict of it all I suppose.

Goal is a tricky place to be. Shuntae is our team mate who needs to give us pointers on how to do this once you get 'there'.

Honestly, it was easier to be on the downward path and to be losing, you get in a groove, build up momentum and see the ground you have covered. The level path seems like the easier route, but it's way harder. We think we can walk it with our eyes closed, when in fact, it's quite tricky to navigate and still takes a lot of time, thought and energy. One of the deceptions in the world of weight loss.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Lori - are you a childminder as well? I have never had the toilet training issues that I am having with Chris:frown: , he just isn't interested and will giggle at me as he stands in his soaked jeans and pants. My eldest trained himself at just over 2yrs, day and night dry on the first day! Thomas took 2 days, and wouldn't let me put him back in a nappy when he broke his collar bone on the 2nd day - that was fun getting him on and off of the toilet :huh:

I used to be. First I watched a little girl and then I watched a little boy, each for about 2 or 3 years. Then they grew up and went to school. Then I worked at a bank for 5 years and now I'm a Mommy. So it was definitely good practice. Dave laughed at me the other day because Harley's been having pre-terrible-2's fits lately and throws herself on the floor like a drama queen. The other day she did it in the garage and hit her head off the ground. Dave was about to ask her, "Are you okay?" when I yelled out, "That's why you don't throw fits!" :laugh:
    Lori B- Walgreens have chocolate covered peeps and dark chocoalte covered peeps

You're not helping me here lady. :grumble:
    Lori PA - Try not to freak out about the potty training. HP will tell you when she's ready. The best thing we did for potty training all 3 of them was just to keep a kiddie potty in the bathroom. Then, it was at their use whenever they wanted to try it out. We usually just sat them on it right before bath time at night just to get them used to it & not scared of it. But, as you know, T potty trained herself so hopefully HP will, too! It's the best kind of potty training there is! :drinker: :laugh: (We're not even going to discuss potty training the boys...I won't submit you to that kind of horror :laugh: )

I'm not stressing about HP yet. I'm not sure where we're gonna put her potty. We have a split entry and hang out downstairs. We have a half-bath here but only Dave uses it. It's very gross. I wouldn't make Harley use that. *shudder* Our main bathroom is upstairs. I don't want to have to run her upstairs everytime she has to go but I don't want to have the potty just sitting in the middle of the floor here and confuse her on what a "bathroom" is. Oh, well. I still have time to figure it out.

And I have a good ways to go until I have to potty-train Cooper so I'm definitely not worrying about how hard it is to train a boy anytime soon so I'll just plug my ears and LA-LA-LA you out or now. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Shuntae is our team mate who needs to give us pointers on how to do this once you get 'there'.

Shuntae? Who's Shuntae? We have a teammate Shuntae?

:wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are in a different place mentally, it's a head game, I've said it a thousand times. You have to figure out what works for you. You are on a roll right now, so go for it!

Sometimes I wonder why our body feels the need to be happy in a place our heads are not? Just to add to the conflict of it all I suppose.

Goal is a tricky place to be. Shuntae is our team mate who needs to give us pointers on how to do this once you get 'there'.

Honestly, it was easier to be on the downward path and to be losing, you get in a groove, build up momentum and see the ground you have covered. The level path seems like the easier route, but it's way harder. We think we can walk it with our eyes closed, when in fact, it's quite tricky to navigate and still takes a lot of time, thought and energy. One of the deceptions in the world of weight loss.

Lori I feel the same way! My mom asked me how I would feel if my body was happy at 170? I told her that at 170 I was still over weight but if my body wasn't going to let me lose it I was going to have no fat on my body (or little fat) I would be very very toned. I don't want to be ripped just toned! I still in my brain want to lose 25 pounds but being stuck here between 170 - 175 SUCKS!!! Jeans fit good though!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Shuntae is our team mate who needs to give us pointers on how to do this once you get 'there'.

Shuntae? Who's Shuntae? We have a teammate Shuntae?

:wink:

yes and one called Jeannie, too:blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Lori I feel the same way! My mom asked me how I would feel if my body was happy at 170? I told her that at 170 I was still over weight but if my body wasn't going to let me lose it I was going to have no fat on my body (or little fat) I would be very very toned. I don't want to be ripped just toned! I still in my brain want to lose 25 pounds but being stuck here between 170 - 175 SUCKS!!! Jeans fit good though!

:drinker: here here............or is it hear hear?? I have never known and both make sense:wink:

My body loves it here at 133-135. I am size 6-8 and wear small or xsmall shirts. WTH do I want at 48 yrs old?? I am happy.......truly........but would really like to lose 10 more just 'cause. I mean I am at the top range of my healthy weight, but my cholesteral and BP and everything tested perfect, which was not the case 2 yrs ago.

So I am enjoying this steady ride. I am now getting the " Wow, you KEPT off the weight for so long!!":heart:
  • 72lori
    Options
    We have a few team mates who straggle in here and there. We still love them.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Ok, confession time. I am a work-a-holic. There, I said it! Who am I kidding, I dont' want a break!

I have been up since before 6. I have been surfing online, looking at deck pics, gathering yet more ideas, researching my stain types and colors. I have been sitting on my chair for 3 hours. I'm done resting.

Hubs didn't roll out of bed until after 8. He's tired. He's sunburned. He's sore. (I'm in better shape and I'm handling this work better. Shhhh, dont' tell. LOL) He's in his chair on his computer happy as a lark. I don't want to 'push', I don't want to be a slave driver, but dang, I'm ready to DO! Sitting here is driving me bonkers!

Banane26.gif I was looking for a whip cracking smiley, somehow that banana looking guy makes it creepy.

crackthewhip.gif Not much better.....

banghead.gif My thoughts on the last 10 pounds.....

smiley-angry026.gif This could work......

whip.gif Another choice.

While I wasted time looking for a cute smiley (which Jeannie will find and post) IT moved! wave.gif

Let's get this party started!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great laugh everyone...

Stats..

Ran 3.75 miles in 36 minutes...on the best time of my life..then mother nature hit started raining had to quit running...it was 7 am..said oh gym just opened lets hit the gym....yeah I was so excited...did 5.5 miles on my ski machine and my weights and 7 miles on the bike....For a total of 1309 calories burned this morning...Ya'll will be so impressed when I post my new miles logged for march I havent recorded any miles since feb 27 2010..Maybe will update tomorrow..I will probably be impressed as well..

I am in such a freakin good mood...hope ya'll have the best easter ever..

Lori plan something for you and hubs and 2 kids ya'll need it you have been working so hard on the deck, ya'll need a break working wise and mentally wise...

Well goodbye..everyone...off to work then play!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

phew.........wipes brow!

Good morning Lori........and Hoppy Easter!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Yeppers-- I'm still waiting for that rascal Amanda to drag her butt back here! :angry:
  • 72lori
    Options

Yeppers-- I'm still waiting for that rascal Amanda to drag her butt back here! :angry:

Does anybody have Amanda on Facebook? She really is MIA.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Does anybody have Amanda on Facebook? She really is MIA.

AmandaJ? No....hmmm will PM her