girls dont like skinny guys

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here today. My goal is to add muscle to my frame. Currently I'm at 130 lbs Hoping to get to around 150 or so. I don't look that thin in my profile pic, think I may have zoomed in too much, but anyway I have trouble getting dates because most girls say I'm way to skinny that I need some muscle so that's why I'm here. I joined a gym last week , would it be more beneficial to get a personal trainer. Do most girls go for bigger guys?

Just remember, numerous species of predatory marine gastropods like mussels, *****es love bones

PLEASE LIKE DIS POST IF YOU A STRONG INDEPENDENT SKINNY MAN AND YOU DON'T NEED NO WOMAN

double negatvie... (dont need) (no woman) = need woman

HEH!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I actually had a girl ask me out a few months ago which doesn't happen with me but , after our date, which I thought went well she wouldn't go out again because she said she prefers a larger guy that she didn't feel comfortable being bigger than me. Why did she ask me out then? Lol

I think thats sign for not attracted and the date sucked...

Personally, I like a thinner man.. I've dated bigger men, and it just doesn't do it for me.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    All my Boyfriends have been skinny - my current is 6 ft 2 and about 130 lbs....I think he's the hottest thing ever!

it's not your weight holding you back its your confidence
  • Allegra_Williams
    Options
    .... Do most girls go for bigger guys?

It completely depends on the girl, there is no "most girls". I personally have dated both very thin and thick men. My only comment is - have yourself some pecs! Seriously skinny can be hot, but a concave chest on a man is not that pretty to look at. :)

LoL. Of course I married the love of my life, who is a Buddha. First not skinny man I've ever dated and I end up spending the rest of my life with him. :)

My point - there is more too it than thick or thin.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here today. My goal is to add muscle to my frame. Currently I'm at 130 lbs Hoping to get to around 150 or so. I don't look that thin in my profile pic, think I may have zoomed in too much, but anyway I have trouble getting dates because most girls say I'm way to skinny that I need some muscle so that's why I'm here. I joined a gym last week , would it be more beneficial to get a personal trainer. Do most girls go for bigger guys?

From my male perspective and experience there is no one body type that every woman will like. Women have such a great depth of character built into their nature, consciously or not, in my experience are attracted to all different body types. Some women love skinny guys, some love muscles, some love something a bit more cuddly.

I’ve dated a woman that said the veins in my arms were disgusting, and i've had the total opposite.

But hey, I’ve been on this earth for 29 years, women – still can confuse the hell out of me =) Do what you want for your reasons, the rest will come. If your happy, and confident with yourself, you will get the women of your dreams. All the best in your search and the gym, if you want any mass building help feel free to add me =)

Yeah pretty much this...

Don't do it for women, do it for YOU.
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    skinny guys are awesome. height helps a lot.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    funny because some girls I talk to (and every girl/woman has her preference), tell me im getting to muscular and need to stop lifting weights. I say *kitten* YOU!! I don't lift weights for you. Funny enough the girls that say these are the ones with smaller frames and are psychologically immature. Our ancestors fought for dominance in tribes so they would get first pick of the women. It is instinct for women to prefer strong and fit men. Although Justin Bieber f*cked it up for a lot of guys.

Do you steal all your ideas from Hodge twins videos or just the really, really stupid ones?

He still has no idea which was the stupid part. *eye roll*

OP: Girls are all different, just like guys. Do what makes you feel good about yourself, and the right one will like you for who you are.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    funny because some girls I talk to (and every girl/woman has her preference), tell me im getting to muscular and need to stop lifting weights. I say *kitten* YOU!! I don't lift weights for you. Funny enough the girls that say these are the ones with smaller frames and are psychologically immature. Our ancestors fought for dominance in tribes so they would get first pick of the women. It is instinct for women to prefer strong and fit men. Although Justin Bieber f*cked it up for a lot of guys.

Do you steal all your ideas from Hodge twins videos or just the really, really stupid ones?

caught out :laugh: but it did happen though..
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You did not just say that.....

I take it your a bieber fan? No hate on the little boy, just stating some interesting facts.

Interesting facts? So now facts are ideas we get from two morons on a youtube video?
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You did not just say that.....

I take it your a bieber fan? No hate on the little boy, just stating some interesting facts.

Interesting facts? So now facts are ideas we get from two morons on a youtube video?
    relax mate, just a simple joke
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sad, sounds like your just meeting the wrong type of women. I like skinny and a little bit of muscle. I dont like big mucles. My husband is just right. You need to be happy with yourself above everything else. Get muscle because you want it, not to please others.
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My husband is 3 inches taller and now only 10-15lbs lighter than me... used to be 30lbs lighter than me. I have to agree with some of the ladies who say a smaller man makes them feel even larger than they are, but at the same time, big muscles freak me out. I am not attracted to big muscles at all. Some women say they want a man to be strong to protect them. But I don't like the idea of a man being so much stronger than me that he could physically hurt me. I think I prefer to be on a level playing field of strength.

I also agree that any change you make needs to be for you. Change your body for your health. Change your body for your strength. Change your body for your quality of life. I think that will change your outlook on this. You will be happier with yourself. And that will reflect out to others. And women will find that attractive.

Embrace who you are. If you don't like that, embrace what YOU want yourself to be.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I find all these men/women don't like fat/thin/muscled/tall/short/smart/dumb/young/old women/men posts bizarre. BIllions & billions of people in the world with an infinite amount of partner combinations.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    i like skinny guys...and fit guys...and chubby guys....i guess i just like guys lol.:blushing:

BUMP!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i happen to be an exception to the title of this lol. two guys i've dated have been rail thin (i'm talking 6ft tall and 110lbs). they both had extremely high metabolisms. one of them could pound down an entire package of bagels in one sitting and not gain a pound. he's still skinny as heck. my husband is the other one and in high school, i think he may have weighed 120 if all of his clothes were soaking wet. his metabolism caught up with him though when he got lazy after high school so he's up to about 230 now. for some reason i preferred skinny guys, not sure why.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I married a skinny guy over 30 years ago and even after putting on a little weight over the years he is very nice looking and all the other guys his age are too fat! Don't do this for girls, do it for yourself and find a girl who likes you for who you are now and she will always like you.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Working out and dieting to get stronger...good plan
    Working out and dieting to look better for you...good plan
    Working out and dieting to do better at sports/hobbies...good plan
    Working out and dieting to be healthier...good plan
    Working out because you think someone else will like you more...bad plan

Lets say you're super successful, and end up ripped to shreds and look AWESOME.

If you just got in shape to get chicks, then your ultimate success depends not on how well you did getting fit, but rather on the whims of a women you're looking to bed. Maybe she got fired that day and is pissy, maybe she likes skinny dudes, maybe she likes other chicks, maybe she's just a b*tch. All that work wasted because of someone else.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Find a way to meet a better quality of girl, ones who are not so rude and obsessed with physical appearance. Walk around any city and notice how many very overweight, funny looking, mature or even permanently drunk people have a partner - there are plenty who look for a connection over the media definition of beauty.

I actually like very tall slim guys, not quite bony looking but not that fitness model look it's too plastic. I love guys who play sports or enjoy fitness activities but not admiring their terrible form and muscle imbalance in the mirror in the weights room (I work in lifestyle activity so see a LOT of that). Take some classes at a friendly gym, you will meet more girls and get fitter and learn some technique. Personally I admire anyone who puts their all into a workout, not lifting the heaviest weights or running the fastest, but dripping in sweat, beetroot face, grinning like an idiot with the post pain high, completed a charity run or cycle, entered an amateur natural bodybuilding competition, got fit enough to get into the fire service/ army ...
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I call my husband Gumby. He's 6'3 and 160lbs. He's long and lanky and lean. He used to be a skater so he had muscle definition. Then we joined Crossfit, he gained 15 pounds. He's still skinny though and I still love him

Before my husband I dated mostly skinny dudes- the "emo" type. I'm 5'9 145# so Ive always been "bigger" than my guy. **** my husband wears smaller pants than I do. I don't mind it. I'd rather you be skinny than fat and lazy.
  • sandervan85
    Options
    Lol I got corrected like 5 times haha yes you are correct I forgot to mention once you find your BMR multiply it depending on your lifestyle to find out your TDEE. I prefer dieting slowly rather then quickly to avoid unnecessary fat gains (when bulking) or muscle loss (when cutting). Either way OP if you are worried that girls don't like you because of looks I can guarantee you, you are looking at the wrong kind of girls. There is somebody for everybody just be yourself best advice I could give.
    Join a gym do resistance training (lifting weights) find out your base metabolic rate (BMR) and eat around 200 calories over your BMR.

Your BMR is what you burn doing nothing in 24 hours.If you work, move, and do anything besides lay in bed all day you need to find your your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) and eat more calories then you burn in the entire day. I would agree with 200-300 a day over what you burn but you could also eat 500 more a day if you really wanted to. 200 calories over your Tdee would be more of a lean bulk takes longer but less fat gains, if you go crazy with the calories and bulk up fast expect some fat gain along with the muscle. As long as you get extra calories and lift weights you will grow. I would also recommend 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass and .33 grams of fat per lean body mass.( healthy fats would be best)

** you can Google tdee calculators online to get a a estimate, say you need to eat 2700 calories a day to gain a half pound a week, I would try it and see if you gain after 2-3 weeks, if not then add more calories and try again, eventually you will know how much your body burns in a day and how much food you should be eating.