WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• reba524
    reba524 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HELLO, I'M NEW ON THE SIGHT BUT COULD USE SOME SUPPORT, HAVE LOST 7POUNDS SO FAR, NEED TO LOSE ANOTHER 50, AS SOON AS I CAN, BUT I NEED TO DO IT AS HEALTHY AS I CAN, ANY HELP YOU ALL CAN GIVE ME WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
  • walker54
    walker54 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely MFP pals,
    I couldn't find the December Part 2 thread this week, so now I'm waaaaay behind on reading everyone's news. Have been under the weather with a flu and then a cold, but most of it is past and the good news is that I didn't have much appetite so have lost a few more pounds without much effort. :smile: That's always nice.

Went to the gym today for the first time in more than 2 weeks and I was dreading it, but it felt great! I was perplexed. I should be thrilled by this turn of events, shouldn't I? This building of new habits is still taking some getting used to, but I will keep going. I am feeling proud of myself.

Finished the grocery shopping today, and now all I have to do is wrap gifts and write the Christmas cards. My inlaws decided to come for Christmas day after all, so I had to come up with a menu for the day. At least I'm doing the cooking so I have more control over all the options. I was trading recipes with my sister and for some reason I have a yen for crab cakes. I know it's not a traditional Christmas dinner (and I'm usually the one to stick with tradition), but my inlaws are not big on tradition so everyone will be happy except DH. I've only made crab cakes once before and they fell apart. But I think I have a good recipe this time, so I'll let you know how they turn out.

Wishing everyone a warm and peaceful Saturday night. Drink your waters. :drinker:

Polly
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wessecg: sooo proud of you reaching your goal! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    The bike for your son is REALLY COOL! :glasses: :glasses: :love: :love:

Tiarapants: if I met Hugh Laurie, I’d faint! WOW! :heart: :heart: :heart: :blushing: :blushing:

DeeDee2211: I’m trying to figure out HOW your curling iron turned your hair PINK….. how avant garde…. You rock! :glasses:

LindaC: hope your little one is better by now, and that YOU don’t get the crud for Christmas :noway: :noway:

JuneKaatz: that is a LOT of pig! Glad the butcher found the rest of him…. :happy: :happy:

I, too, lost my Daddy four years ago, right before Christmas. It’s hard to lose a loved one during the Holidays…:cry::brokenheart:

My Aunt who always has us over for the family holiday dinner/gathering (she has the largest house) has cancelled it—she’s had too much going on, with my Uncle’s recovering from the two surgeries, and he will begin chemo after the New Year. We will try another family gathering in a month or so. It will be me & Mama; I admit I was really looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow; hope we can all find another Sunday to meet in the next month or so…

Meg, I LOVED your telling of the Build-a-Bear Christmas! :heart: :heart:
    I was looking forward to seeing some little cousins that I only get to see at Christmas. Christmas just doesn’t “feel right” when there are no little ones… I’m sorry, y’all, I didn’t mean to get all sad & emotional. :cry: :blushing:

Barbie, I hope and pray all goes well with Jake, and that y’all finally get that bike FIXED! :smile: :flowerforyou:

RebelRenny, CONGRATS on your weight loss! That is amazing for this time of year! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

DebA, I will be praying for you & your Dad. Glad you got a giggle from the songs. And, YES, I AM looking forward to returning to school! I hope I’m not singing the blues later on…

LinC, you can find our songs on pages 6,7,&8, AND our sweet Barbie cut & pasted them all together in a post. I’m gonna hafta rest up from song writing until next season~ my brain usually doesn’t work that well on lyrics…. But it WAS fun! :tongue: :laugh:

WELCOME to all our new folks! You have found the most supportive site EVER! Even if you don’t have time to post, just reading the message board will encourage you greatly! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Once again, dear friends, have a BLESSED Holiday! :heart: :heart: :heart:

janie :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good early evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

LinC:smile: hope the little one is feeling better, and hope whatever was going around skipped over you!!

Kate:smile: what a nice compliment even if it should have been shortened!!! Glad you got the "piggy" stuff figured out!

Meg:smile: that is the sweetest story about the bear talking, I admit I shed a little tear reading about it:heart: . What a fantastic present!!!

Katla:smile: I, too enjoy shopping with friends, it's just so much better to have someone to laugh with!

Liz:smile: I like lists too, I wouldn't get half my stuff done without my list!

Gabuller:smile: welcome to the group! Come in often and just start chatting!

Rebel:smile: I only have 4 places where my hair turned pink, it's mostly on the top of my head, there is a stripe that looks like it was perfectly placed and dyed pink:huh: :laugh: . I did google it and didn't get very many results, on one site a woman said she used a " magic eraser" on her hair:huh: , I'm not sure about that, on another site it said Faith Hill had pink curls, she had her hair dyed platinum blonde and the curling iron reacted to it, but only on the ends. Who knows, I'll just live with it I guess until my hair appt. , it's coming up soon! It did seem to fade a bit after washing so I'm hoping it will continue to do that:ohwell: . Congrats on losing 7 lbs. so far this month, that is just fabulous!!!!

Teri:smile: love the money ball idea!!!

Bj:smile: people absolutely before presents, hope you had a nice visit!!!

Janie:smile: congrats on getting the okay to go back to work! Loved the songs, you're very talented, along with some of the other ladies!!!!

DebA:smile: I'm with you and Janie, gained 3 pounds in Nov. :sad: and according to the dreaded scale I've gained 1 pound this month, I weigh in at the end of the month, so I'm working on getting that pound off and hopefully another one with it!!!!! I'm going to have to rethink what MFP is giving me calorie wise, I've been sticking to my calories and it's not working:sad: :sad: :sad: !!!

Cheryl:smile: the post eating gremlins attacked...I know them well:angry: !!! Congrats on being down another .6!!!

Robin:smile: what a sweet hubby:heart::love: :heart: !!!! I don't blame you for wanting to wait and have extra money to spend on Olivia:love: !!!

Jmccrary52463:smile: welcome to the group! Come in often and just start chatting with us!!!

Polly:smile: glad you're feeling better! Congrats on getting rid of a few more pounds!!!!

Well, I went to the grocery store today and my friend couldn't go because he's sick, he told me he would still drive me and I refused, I do not want any sick germs around me!!!! I was lucky and got a place just as someone was pulling out, the parking lot at the Fresh Market is horrible during the holidays, more cars than parking places. I was more worried about getting hit in the parking lot today. Oh I'm so glad that's over with!!!!

Well it's time for me to get off this iPad and back to doing a bit of work. I've sat here so long the behind is going numb!

Have a wonderful night ladies!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Texasgirl - I love the key art.

DeeDee - Pink hair! Imagine that, you could set a new fashion trend.

Ladies, I loved all the songs. Thanks to Barbiecat for putting them all together. I have saved them and will print out later. I have been singing 'Jingle bells, this shirt smells' all evening.Shame I can't remember the rest!!

Just saying hi to the newbies. This is a wonderful place to be, I have only been here a few weeks myself. I suggest you read all the posts, and leap right in!

Its been raining here almost all day. Some places in Devon and Dorset are suffering really bad floods. I feel so sorry for those people especially as its Christmas. The weather is really cracked at the moment. The start of the year was so bad because we had no rain - hosepipe bans from April until about August, and now there is so much rain and flooding everywhere.There is no sense to it all.

I still have a lot to do. I'm trying to get the marzipan on the cake dry enough to put the fondant on. I guess its because the air is so damp - it won't dry out properly. Think I will just have to do it anyway - who cares, its only OH and me. Cake will taste great whether it looks good or not. I have come upstairs 3 times today to alter a dress - have done lots of other things, but the dress remains unaltered. Too late now as its gone midnight. I will have to do it tomorrow as I want it for my holiday to Lanzarotte.

Night, night all
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Sending along warmest wishes (and I've finally STOPPED singing...........for now).

1779146rt7yyfuka2.gif

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    All these jingles are incredibly entertaining.

However someone seriously needs to give me a Yay You!!! My 1.4 pound loss is a miracle. :drinker:

Yay! You rock!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a fabulous group. I'm thrilled that I found them and I think you will be, too.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Cheryl - looks like a great present for your son. You DO have the greatest hubby around.

DeeDee - I mentioned to Vince that maybe we didn't need to really decorate the tree, you should have heard him! Well, we have decorative lights, the ornaments we got for this year. I warned him that once we had Christmas with Jessica I was going to push to get the tree down. He said "you haven't done anything for Christmas". Boy, you should have heard me! "Since Sept. I've been stringing the popcorn, I bought all of Jessica, Bryan, Denise, your, Ken and Lynette's gifts, who wrapped all the gifts? Who wrote out all the cards? Who is food shopping for Christmas and for us, deciding on two menus, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, our day-to-day dinners?" I never had my hair turn pink, hope things work out for you.

Meg - I never heard of beer cheese soup. Can you send me the recipe? Sounds interesting. Is there a special brand of beer that you use? What a lovely story about you dd#1 and the talking bear.

Liz - I make lists and lists and lists. If I didn't write things down, I'd forget them, I know it. Honestly, many times if I sit down, I fall asleep, doesn't matter where. What a neat idea about the money balls!

cws4me - you've come to the best place for inspiration, that's for sure

Janie - I lost this month -- but it wasn't weight....lol

Mentioned to Vince about getting a hotel room for New Years Eve and then breakfast (like someone on here is going to do) but I have a feeling we won't do it. This year we don't have to be home since there aren't any decorations outside, but it'll cost.

Cheryl - you're doing great losing. Congrats

Robin - how sweet of your hubby! Sometimes they can really surprise us, huh?

jmccrary - welcome! You'll get losts of good healthy ideas and tips here, that's for sure

Polly - our tradition is that on Christmas Eve we have a totally non-meat meal, so crab cakes, salmon and/or salmon cakes, different types of fish. This year I'm making shrimp tarts, crab legs, lobster tails, catfish, salmon patties, and a crab & spinach dip (for me)

This month my weight has been up and down. Can't wait to get back to a normal schedule, I really can't

gabuller - welcome! You've come to the right place for people who understand

There was someone on Dr. Oz (I don't remember who it was) who said that a key to losing is to have, as he put it, "30 in 30" -- what that means is 30 grams of protein within the first 30 minutes of you getting up. I had a lot of protein this morning, and I've been feeling pretty full for most of the day. Maybe it does work?????

Rebel - losing at the holiday season??? You go girl!

Did an hour of yoga today. Tomorrow I'm thinking that I'll do that pilates DVD that I just got.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: A year ago I joined a challenge of 100 squats for 100 days…..by the time I finished the 100 day challenge all the original people had dropped out and some new ones had joined…we continued the challenge and I gradually changed from squats to lunges then back to squats and then to be kind to my knees I changed to a warrior 3 pose which is like an arabesque and today I have finished a full year of doing 100 of something every day.

:flowerforyou: Polly, I struggle to start my weight training routine every time, and then when I finish, I feel so great and realize how easy it was and I’m glad I did it.

:flowerforyou: Robin, as sentimental as time as Christmas is, there’s a lot to be said for visiting at a later time when there’s not so much going on, travel is cheaper, and the airports won’t be such a zoo. You hubby is an angel to offer you such a treat.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: DeeDee, OMG, pink hair, not exactly a Christmas color

:cry: Janie, I’m sorry to hear that your holiday plans fell through…..you are so imaginative that I’ll bet you’ll figure out something special for the day.

:bigsmile: Meg, that was such a sweet story about the bear Christmas present

:bigsmile: Today I went with two line dance friends to visit a dance friend who’s going through chemotherapy…..she was more energetic today than she’s been in awhile and has put on some weight. We brought her a basket of fruit and nuts (and a See’s candy bar) put together by everyone in the class.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

1744386rd5f1eb3b5.gif
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up on posts.

Reb - dear friend all I can say is "WAY TO GO!!!!!!':drinker: :drinker:
    Amanda - Jealous!!! I love Hugh Laurie. :love: OMG!!!!!!! And yes I spent 10 years working with all kinds of hunks in Hollywood but 'House', oh yes please. *drool*

Barbie - Your 100 something a day challenge is such a major accomplishment. You are so disciplined and determined. You are my hero .:love::love:

As a side note took Ritter to the vet to see about diabetes. Vet said he seemed incredibly heathly and said we should save the $300 bucks it would cost for testing unless something came up in the future. did not really see any signs of anything wrong.

I am in much better spirits today. Amazing what being away from work for the a while can do for me.

Robin, Bodi, and Ritter!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi everyone, You really cheered me up - I was sat singing Jingle Bells Fitness Pals, losing all the way, when hubby walked in - he already thinks I'm a bit crazy!!

:flowerforyou: I've caught up with all the posts, and been singing along to the "songs" as I said, I really needed the laugh too because I've had a bad weekend. It started on Friday at the Secret Santa lunch, I tried to eat carefully, but didn't do too well,:embarassed: :embarassed: then on Friday night it was my Christmas Meal at a restaurant with family (five of us go out every year). On Saturday I nibbled rubbish all day. This morning when I got on the scales I had put weight on :frown: Can't believe I was so lacking in willpower. Well I can.

Anyway today is a new day! Logging my food and trying to be careful and make good choices, or at least stop when I get to my calorie limit. Get back to exercising, think I'll go back to level 1 of Jillian's 30 day shred and start over.

:flowerforyou: I love this time of year and although we have had non stop rain for about 5 days, the sun is shining today, and I am listening to Christmas Carols on the radio :heart: :heart: :heart: I have lots to be thankful for.

:drinker: Congrats to all who are losing, I WILL be joining you one day.!!

Best get a move on - I've been sat here for an hour - how time does fly when you are enjoying yourself.

Jingle Bells fitness pals, losing all the way.....................

Viv :heart:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Annie:smile: The cake sounds delish! That is my weakness...cake:love: !!! I have a pair of pants that need to be hemmend, I`ve had them for a month or so, just haven`t gotten around to getting them done:frown: !

Lin:smile: Love the stocking graphic!!!

Michele:smile: So Vince doesn`t think you`ve done anything for Christmas:huh: ...men:angry::explode: ..what do they know! Tell him next year you`ll really do nothing that way he`ll appreciate how much you really do! Your Christmas Eve dinner sounds fabulous!!!

Barbie:smile: You are amazing!!! Congrats on your challange met with flying colors!!! Glad your friend is feeling better! Love the snowman graphic!

Robin:smile: Glad Ritter is doing great!!! And I`m glad you`re in better spirits too!!!

Viv:smile: Thank goodness for another day to start over!!!!

Tonight is dinner with the kids, I finished logging my food for the day,:frown: , and unless I get in a lot of exercise it will be the first time since May that I`ve gone over on calories:noway: :ohwell: . I have one more dinner on the 27th and then things should get back to normal for me..I`m ready for normal!!! I`m ready to attack this weight loss which has been so stubborn since Oct., I`m still not sure what I need to be doing to get the weight to come off instead of gaining, Why couldn`t it be as easy as it was for the first few month:sad: :ohwell: . Regroup and reevaluate....

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Rebel – I eat egg whites and spinach most every morning. Today I’ve got beet greens instead as I roasted yellow beets to go with dinner last night.

DH and I went to pick up my glasses with new lenses yesterday and then went to the local whole foods place. We were hoping some of the produce prices would be a bit lower than the grocery, but not really, so I’ll take the convenience of the grocery.

They had folks handing out various samples – I had one of brie, so yummy and warm, and a tiny chunk of some cheese. As we toured and talked we commented that it wasn’t as much fun to go to when you are watching budget, sodium, calories, fat, etc. The bakery items were beautiful, delicious looking take-and-bake casserole items, etc. We did buy some frozen blueberries and edamame, plus the yellow beets.

After that I met DS#1 at Lowe’s and purchased the Christmas gift for DS#1 and DS#2 – they needed a washer and dryer. We’ll have a couple of other small things, but not much. They have everything they need otherwise, having combined their two apartments into one. Both are computer/electronic geeks and are quick to acquire the latest and greatest items, so gift giving at any time can be challenging. The W/D will get used and I’d rather give a practical, useful thing anyway, but it is dull….

Afterwards we went to his favorite pizza place and I thoroughly enjoyed a calzone. Haven’t had one of those in several years!

We are going to their apartment for Christmas dinner – a first! We’re taking most of the food, since it was already purchased, but DS#2 is making an oreo pie for dessert. Never had one, but it sound yummy and I will enjoy one piece guilt-free.

My next challenge will be DH’s birthday, which comes up very soon in January. He is another tough one to buy for! He’s a foodie though, so I will have to think of something related to that – maybe find a different restaurant he might like to try.

Found out at work this past week that our intern has the same birthday as DH. (It is odd, because my boss and his wife have the same anniversary date as DH and I.)

I got to the gym Monday and Tuesday this past week and that was it. I have been doing 15-25 push ups using the rails in the ladies room each time / each day, though, so that is something at least!

Today’s scheduled is church this morning, the gym in the afternoon and trying to finish up a scarf for a gift. I thought my BF told me she was going to her brother’s yesterday, but it is Thursday and she wants to get together tomorrow so I will be knitting like a madwoman into the evening.

Have a wonderful day!
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all you girls that are losing this month. The hardest month of them all I'm sure. With all the junk around. No matter where you go there's junk.

Well went and did the last minute shopping yesterday and hubby wanted to know what he could put under the tree. I had him buy me a pair of slippers and a pedometer not one of those 100 dollar things that you need a university degree to figure out. Just a cheap one to count steps and it gives you miles at the end of the day. So looking forward to using that.

I will get back with answering all in Jan. but right now not enough hours in a day. that's what happens when your a last min. person.

Linda C
  • carojrrn
    carojrrn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Morning to all my virtual friends!

I won't try to catch up on posts as I have been AWOL for more than a few days...

I had a rough couple of days eating with no structured exercise but got back on track yesterday. I am happy it was only two days although the days ahead will still be a challenge. I hope to balance it with the exercise.

DD# 2 came home for the weekend and it was a wonderful surprise! Spent the day making cookies for her work friends(I packed them away with only eating the smallest one) and a holiday craft project. So nice to make new memories!! DD# 1 will be home for about a week on Christmas. Hopefully we won't butt heads too much. LOL

DH is picking up our living Christmas tree today and we will decorate it on Christmas day and he will plant it out back in another week. DK's (aka dear crazy kitties) have had a field day climbing and playing with the ornaments on the artificial tree. I don't remember it ever being such a problem before.

I found a Yoga and Wellness center about 20 miles away and they offer the first class free. I will probably check it out next week to see how it will fit into my schedule. It would be fabulous if I could get a couple of classes a week if I like it.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and healthy holiday!

Carolyn
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have the $100 fitbit but it doesn't require a degree to use - it's awesome. The only real difference between it and the inexpensive one is that you connect it to your computer then log in and enter your height and weight. And then keep updating your weight as you lose. Then it can almost accurately keep track of not only how many steps you've taken but also how many calories a person the size and weight entered burns while walking those steps. And it adds the calories you burn just staying alive. And if you burn a ton of steps it will send the extra calories you can eat that day and still stay on target. to myfitnesspal. I have to say I love this because it takes the guilt out of any extra eating I do. If I am under what I put as my goal calories with the calories it added then I am ok. And I have been ok, losing every week for the last 18 weeks except one.

I also LOVE that it tracks my sleep for me. I can see what time I went to bed, how long it took me to sleep and how many times I woke up during the night.

DeeDee, do you have a fitbit? If you can't tell I'm a real fan. It was the woman on this board that made me realize it existed and I am so glad. I just ordered one for my adult son who is about 75 pounds overweight. Probably won't help. I bought him a wii fit last year and that doesn't seem to be getting used.

Well I am going to see if it is warm enough to ride today. Anything close to 40 is game!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    barbie - you are truly a great inspiration

Did an hour of the new pilates DVD that I got. Time went so fast that I didn't even realize that an hour was up. I'm PLANNING to do some yoga tomorrow and then ASAP DVD (weights). But a lot of this depends on how much time I have. We have an appointment with the vet at 9 so I need to have my workout completed by at least 8 so that I can have something to eat (I'll probably have an apple or something before working out) Tuesday I'll do a Leslie Sansone walking DVD. The PLAN is to do the stairmaster Wednesday (the pool is closed for maintenance)

The next few days will be totally crazy, I doubt that I'll log. Today I made the catfish so that just has to be baked tomorrow, made the stuffing for Christmas day dinner, boiled the lobster tails and got them ready to broil tomorrow, peeled and cut up the potatoes and have them in water in the refrigerator and baked some sweet potatoes for me. I'm going to try to be mindful of what it is that I'm eating, but I know that I'll go over. It's interesting how now that I've been eating semi-healthily for a while now, I'm not so tempted by the not-so-good for you foods. Oh, that's not to say that I'm still not tempted, just not as often. A friend sent us some smoked salmon, I figure I'll have that for breakfast the next two days. I'm the only one who'll eat it

DeeDee - in a sense, it's too bad the curling iron didn't turn your hair red....lol I'm trying to make enough for Christmas Eve dinner so we'll have leftovers when we have Christmas with Jessica. I made her some shortbread cookies with chocolate drops, so whichever cookie gets finished, I'll use those and give her the rest!

Gail - for your sons, have you ever gone to thinkgeek.com? They have some really interesting items and decent prices.

Carolyn - our first Christmas tree in our second house was a live tree, ball and all. Have you already dug the hole for the tree? As I recall when we planted the tree, we had to line the hole with leaves (I think it was)

Cheryl (or even DeeDee or really anyone else who has a fitbit) - I have a question about the fitbit. Many times I do some sort of HIIT. Now I know I'm buring more calories when I'm sprinting than when I'm in recovery. Does the fitbit take into account your activity level at the moment? Every one of the machines at the gym will give you a calories burned total, but it's based on steady state all the time. I'm really wondering if the fitbit does the same thing.

We're supposed to pick Denise up at the airport tonight.

Going to post this as I don't know if I'll be back on tonight or not.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Michele
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It doesn't take into account exercise per se, however, it knows your steps are closer together (thus you're moving faster) and calculates more calories burned per minute than when you're moving more slowly. I logged an activity with it when I was on the treadmill and it was within 7 calories of what the treadmill said I had burned also. I think the only time it is truly out of sync with what you're burning is when you're doing weights - it has no idea you're pressing 300 lbs and just adds calories for the time.
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello Lovely Ladies--

Sorry I've been out of touch for a few weeks. I haven't been logging the last couple of weeks.

I'm waiting for the rest of my family to get here. My baby sister, Jill, from Ohio got here on Thursday and we have been baking up a storm. Son, DIL and grandsons that live in Missouri will be here in a couple of hours. My other sister, Jackie and all of her family (husband, son, son's wife and 2 kids) from Ohio are about 2 hrs away. All told there will be 15 family members here for Christmas. I literally can't wait. Some have never been here and it will be a special family time celebrating the birth of our Saviour.

I had a few minutes and wanted to wish all my MFP friends a very Blessed Christmas.

I will be back and get back on track after the holidays.

Micki