DISGUSTED.

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Ate these on friday, thought to myself why didn't I get a whole dozen, live and learn

Fancy donuts from Federal Donuts (Spicy PB&J, Butter Pecan, Maple bacon, Pumpkin and White choc pretzel)

20121221_104913.jpg

I want these! I get fresh donuts once or twice a week from a local Mennonite-run donut truck the sets up shop near where I work. They aren't fancy flavors like these, but they are fresh-made and so delicious. This week they had Christmas flavors - eggnog, snickerdoodle and peppermint-chocolate.
  • emilynw10
    Options
    Those donuts look AMAZING!

I don't think there are foods that make me feel disgusting. Large quantities make me a little irritated with myself, but I still don't beat myself up over it. The other day I wanted to make cookies. I made the dough at night, and decided I didn't want to bake them... I'd do it the next day. The next day it was SO hot out that I didn't want to turn on the oven. I ate the whole fricken batch of cookie dough that day and the next. That was super unnecessary. I'm positive I went over my calories... there's no way I couldn't have. Oh well! I did go for a nice long run though to try to counter a little of the damage :)
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    This is just plain nuts. That sounded wonderful. You understand that refusing to enjoy life's pleasures won't make you lose weight faster right? You ate it. Sounded wonderful. Why not enjoy its wonderfulness?
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Abslutely nothing. I watch my calorie count and eat whatever I want (even if it is just a very small serving).

^^^^ This! I enjoy every bite I put into my mouth and just eat less of it to fit in my calorie count. I have never regretted a single meal in my life even it if meant that I gained (as proven by gaining 12 lbs in a two week cruise). I have lost it again and I just keep moving forward.
  • alohashley
    alohashley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I wonder how healthy it is to have that strong of an emotion ("disgusted") tied into eating, especially when the consumption is so insignificant. It may be a sign that your body image is heading down a not so good road. Don't mean to come off as rude at all, just saying....
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Everything :/ lol

Anything that I don't consider one of my safe foods

^This so this!!!

That is concerning.

Not a healthy relationship with food AT ALL.

I feel like MFP really has its downsides--this being huge one.

Food is fuel people. I'm not suggesting you go stuff your face with 6 Big Mac's and my previous posts refers to the fact that super high fat foods actually make me physically ill.

I try not to let my self-esteem or emotions get caught up in my weight/food I'm eating. Life is going to be pretty miserable if you're constantly feeling guilty over eating.

I think you can eat anything within reason, but of course if there's a food that bothers you, you could cut that out but it should not be a mental thing. You should never feel guilty for eating. It is possible to eat a cookie or french fries or chocolate and still be under for the day.

I am not stranger to binges (and I am talking about REAL legitimate binges not eating like 500 calories) and yeah sometimes I feel guilty after those but I'm working on not freaking out about them, one day over-indulgence isn't the end of the world. If you're defining yourself based on your weight/food intake and getting too obsessive or resorting to VLCD then you're just unhealthy as you would be if you were obese--not just physically, but mentally

(OP not directed at you, more the people who are saying they are afraid of food/those with disordered eating in genreal)

And before anyone jumps on me I've been in recovery from Anorexia for 6 years with bouts of Bulimia since. I'm not stranger to it and I do understand, that's why I find it so upsetting.

Did you not read her post? She said "Anything that she doesn't consider a safe food" in my thought that means anything that doesn't go into my day. If I go over my calories I freak out most the time. Recently I've gone back to the "I don't care" And that scares me. Going from 250 lbs to 127 lbs, I'm really cautious and you better believe I eat, I couldn't live without food, I love to eat and I would rather be fat then starve myself, however I don't want to be fat so when I have dreams of myself with 3 chins again, it scares me. I wake up some times grabbing at my neck because I over ate lol. I think that is my self telling myself to do better the next day.

I think of the idea of safe foods of a very limited number of (often low fat, low cal etc) foods that a person sticks to and refusing to eat anything else, but maybe it's just the term "safe foods" where we differ.

Just as long as you're being healthy and meeting your nutritional needs. I haven't lost nearly as much weight as you (Congrats that is impressive!!) and I am also scared of gaining it back so I understand that.

Just makes me sad when people stick to like 5 foods that they'll eat, never let themselves "cheat" and stop going out to eat or being around friends etc because they're afraid of food. I'm projecting a lot of my own experiences here. I just feel like sometimes people get too obsessive and it has a negative impact on mental health.

For me safe foods are things (Because my friends list knows that I am in no way a clean eater) are things that I'm not addicted to. For me if I have say cheese cake, even 1 slice, that is that food I can't just eat a slice of, that is a problem for me. That is that moment of "It's in the house I better eat it all or it might run away and I won't get to enjoy it." I guess safe means something different for everyone. I fight a food addiction, badly every day! Some days are worse then others, and for me I feel horrible after I eat a whole pie or something, but sweets are not safe in my house, they will not last long, it's something I really am trying to to work on. However, you don't give an alcoholic a beer and tell him that it's just one, so you shouldn't give a food addict something that isn't safe for them, something that will cause them indulge in, in a bad way. I believe everyone has different foods, mine is a few different things. Chocolate is one of the main ones.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel disgusted because you ate one cookie, you should feel proud that you didn't eat all of the cookies!

^^^^^^This exactly!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    pizza....or instant noodles
    Me too! I love pizza, though… argh!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I only feel that way if I've eaten way too much of something. Otherwise I just enjoy it and have a good time. 12 cookies, I'm gross. 1 cookie? Yum!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    custard filled doughnuts that my partner loves! I used to put them in the microwave and heat them up and then think "oh damn"
    Hes just brought home an apple pie and custard so hes not a supportive guy lol

I have never thought of heating them up in the microwave...need to try that!
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think it really helps that I have taken the slow approach to all this, and I eat pretty much whatever sounds good while still trying to meet my nutrition and calorie goals, more or less. There are times when I think, "I would rather have spent those calories on something else," but I wouldn't say I feel disgusted or disgusting.

this!
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Anything not baked, if its greasy I feel sick like I just clogged my arteries, so I avoid that as much as possible
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell! It always sounds good, and then I eat it and think, "That was gross." But that doesn't stop me from going back there in a few weeks again!

Bottom line, if I feel disgusted, I use use it as fuel for why I need to work out.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Anything out of a box or a bag. I do fine with meat veggies fruit nuts and seeds, but anything else makes me sick really.
  • lacey_diane
    lacey_diane Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just ate a freshly baked, warm, gooey and delicious chocolate chip cookie.

And now I feel disgusting.

What types of food (or drink) do you consume and later think ... " Why did I do that ?"
    Don't beat yourself up for one cookie (unless it was the size of a dinner plate :)) ) But seriously, just acknowledge how it made you feel, remember that feeling, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move forward with your fitness plans and goals. :)

yes, said perfectly..
  • SweetNSassee
    Options
    pizza =( i freak out after I eat it
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Anything high in fat and sugar. It makes me feel ill after.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    The pizza last night gave me some bad poops - the kind that makes you need a shower, and that made me feel pretty disgusting :sick:

I get mud butt when ever I eat/drink something with a lot of high fructose corn syrup.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I feel disgusting after eating certain highly processed foods... Like crap you get at a gas station or like the desserts from fast food restaurants. It's the chemicals that make me feel disgusting.

But if you feel disgusted, as in "with yourself" I think you need to have a more positive relationship with food. I used to feel that way and I was unhealthy. Now I am healthy and I never feel that way.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The OP's cookie sounds phenomenal.

Most foods don't make me feel disgusted, but there are some that make me feel queasy such as pretty much anything from a restaurant.

That being said, earlier this month I managed to break every single one of my dietary restrictions in one sitting at McD's courtesy of some poorly time cravings. I felt like crap afterwards, physically and psychologically.