WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post to wish you all a very Happy Christmas. Enjoy all the festivities. I'll have to catch up with all the posts later.

Annie.
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Happy Christmas Eve my pals,

Slowly getting caught up with the postings a bit at a time and I am absolutely loving the Christmas songs! You are all so creative.

Family members dropped off our piggy this morning and we were just stowing it in the freezer when I got the call. I was supposed to have today off to finish up my home for the festivities but was called in when 2 of our staff dropped with the flu! We are down to two people only! It’s going to be interesting over this next week!! (must stay well!)

Wishing each and every one of you the very best Christmas with lots of love and laughter with family and friends. Enjoy your festivities!

Hugs, Kate
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Today was my last day of work...and then off till Jan 2nd! Yay. I had volunteered to stay (somebody has to stay till the end of the day). Boring for sure. Now enjoying a glass or 2 with DH.

Next couple of days I will be enjoying my 4 (adult) kids and their significant others (and one wee lil man). We are getting ready for DS#2 and girlfriend to arrive Christmas Day evening. Then dinner on Boxing Day this year. DH bought ingredients still left to buy, such as the fresh turkey.

But most of all, it is the company, the family, the friends! :heart: the love that goes around when spending time together is my most precious experience. There is just nothing like it.

Wishing a wonderful holiday season to all my MFP friends!

:heart: :heart: Reb
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    it's gonna be me & Momma for Christmas this year.....

the big family get-together has been post-poned....

i made a HUGE batch of low-cal, low-sodium chili that we will eat on tomorrow...

i'm worried that my Momma has "gone down" quite a bit this season~ noticably frailer, more forgetful, and the dear lady who has always been a wonderful cook seems to either " burn it all down or mess it all up" (her words); so, instead of her doing the cooking when we get together, it will now be my job....

we will have the "traditional" Christmas Dinner with her sister's family when it gets re-scheduled....

if anyone is wondering why my calorie counts are out the wazoo, it's because i got a gift of some wonderful home-made cookies.
    i haven't had ANY cookies in almost a year, and right now, i just don't care about counting calories~ i'm going to eat every single one of them! I probably won't have any more until next year, anyway!

part of me is looking forward to returning to school ( i MISS the kids!), and the other part of me is wondering if i can do it all while still hobbling around on a cane ( which is WAAAAY better than the walker). i AM moving around a LOT more, and MUCH better. i just hope i don't over-do it and have a set-back.

hug those wonderful grandbabies, and your grown babies, and your fur babies, and ALL your dear loved ones, and enjoy every moment with them!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Janie
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Bump to hold my spot!
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Major drama tonight. Right after our Christmas dinner, my two sister in laws got into a huge fight. One is always really really drunk or drugged and precedes to criticize everyone about everything. Tonight she was attacking the hosts daughter and her sister told her to quit being so disagreeable. Usually no one says anything to the drunk. Well her sister told her everything we've always wanted to say to her - but then, my mother-in-law passed out. It looked like she went asleep at the table only she couldn't be awakened and wouldn't respond. We were all certain she had just quietly died (she is 80). The ambulance took forever to get there. Once at the hospital she was her normal self and didn't remember any of it. Seems my SIL had given her one of her pain pills earlier because her back was killing her and it didn't mix well with her other meds. A very important lesson about the importance of not sharing one's left over meds. Very very scary night.
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all my friends! :smile:

Blessings to all of you for a family fun filled day tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

Don't forget the reason for the season! JESUS! :drinker:

Hugs, Linda S :heart:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all my MFP friends!!! May your day be filled with peace, joy and love!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    wessecg- We used to have a lot of the same type of drama often, but thankfully get togethers are now always very peaceful. I'm glad everything worked out okay.

I didn't eat real well yesterday. Mostly okay, but I had a few cookies and some ice cream. I felt lousy all evening. Today I'll keep reminding myself that it just isn't worth it!

May you all have a peaceful, fun-filled day with friends and family.
  • cws4me
    cws4me Posts: 25
    Options
    I didn't do as well as I wanted last night for dinner. We have our holiday dinner on Christmas Eve and I am afraid I lost track. Today is another day and I will get back on track. I guess that is what this journey is all about. Merry Christmas to all!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Thank you, BJ. Your words bring comfort.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am really impressed with your "100 of something every day"! Way to go!
  • sylviatx
    Options
    That'll be a Christmas story to tell over and over again!
  • sylviatx
    Options
    I had that experience also. Overate and then didn't feel well all evening. Will try to remember that today.
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    A quick pop-by to say MERRY Christmas to all :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you are able to enjoy the day with loved ones. Don't forget to log all your food, and later we can compare feasts and consequences.:wink:
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Don't worry about the logging and the calorie count~ we will all get back on track after our celebrations are over.

Enjoy EACH moment with your loved ones! Make some memories!

Lots of Love to you all!

Janie
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Merry, Merry,Merry Christmas!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all! We had a fun time at our sons' apartment and DH and I will soon open our gifts to each other. Happy to be home again. Did pretty well food-wise -- 'course it helped that we took the food!! The oreo pie was delicious, too -- DH#2 made it with fat free cool whip and 1% milk.

Back at it tomorrow -- and back to the office.
    Gail
  • c0c0nn0r
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Had so much fun with DD#1 and her family..Emily, my 4 yr old GD sat on my lap and cuddled - I really miss that so much ... they were with me til 3 p.m. today now at SIL's family ... leaving to go back to NC on Saturday - surprised NC had snow. Will really miss them but going to see them in March...I haven't logged food, water or exerised since Saturday - didn't want to take a minute away from them...will start again tomorrow though.

Loved all the Christmas songs and "new" lyrics...what a creative group...Thanks Barbie for putting everything together

DeeDee-I once heard that pink hair looks good on everyone-enjoy the 25 yr.old's comment!

Texasgal-loved the artwork-Incredible..what a great idea, the money ball is

JP-Everclear! LOL

jmccrary,cws4me - Welcome

Wessecg-Congrats! 150's! So happy for you..I was looking into getting a Fitbit so happy to hear you love yours. Do you still enter your exercie in MFP? I think I'll go this week and get one.

Have a great holiday everyone

Colleen