What food do you blame for making you fat?

Options

Replies

• quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't blame food necessarily but I know the culprits in me eating too much used to be chocolate, ice cream, cookies (specifically lofthouse ....mmm. now I have one and I'm DONE! haha), fast food, and the high-sugar drinks at Starbucks.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bread, booze and ice cream
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't blame any food. I'd put sole responsibility on myself for lack of control.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mrscarrey
    mrscarrey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Processed foods including an excess of way too many unnecessary carbs. I ditched that crap and lost 65+ lbs and got off my epilepsy medication!
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It is chinese food.... made from all that is wrong in the world which is why I love it so!
  • bf43285
    bf43285 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Chips and queso! It is unhuman the amount I used to eat.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My weakness is breads and pasta, and soda

me too :( but all in moderation now
  • klingerman73
    klingerman73 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fast Food, Starches (potatoes, white bread) and soda.
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    a whole thing of:
    Peanut butter
    oreo cookies
    swiss cake rolls
    cookie dough
    pizza
    chinese buffets
  • graceinva
    graceinva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ANY diet sodas!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Chicken nachos covered in cheese... Plus some mexican rice and an entire avocado on the side. I honestly don't know how I used to fit so much food in my stomach, and I used to eat this like 3 times a week.

And plus Burger King breakfast burritos. I gained a lot more weight in 9th grade when my older brother was driving me to school and we would stop by a fast food place for breakfast every morning. Eeek.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I blame my metabolism and crazy yo-yo dieting from 12 to 30.

food -- cheesecake and butter!!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I ate way too much of everything.

However, I did the worst with salty snacks like chips and crackers, which of course I had to follow up with something sweet, like Skittles or Starburst or some other fruit flavored yumminess.

If I had to guess, I was blowing through 1500 calories a day just in garbage.
  • rupertocano
    Options
    Friday's, Chinese buffet, Zaxbys, and small businesses around my university. It's mostly my fault for not having self-control thou.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I used to eat everything and lots of it. Unhealthy choices...MY choices were to blame and nothing and no one else. I take full responsibility. I make better choices of what TO eat and what NOT to eat and exercise 6x a week. I look good because I put in the effort and will power. But again, I can always chose NOT to do these things and I'd get fat all over again.

My point is - it's ALL about your choices and a lifestyle CGHANGE..not a diet.

Instead of craving chips (I still do once in a great while) I actually crave oatmeal and broccoli!! Weird!
  • sroschel
    sroschel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Crab dip.. and pretty much everything else in large amounts!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Massive quantities of soda.

Same for me. I was drinking at least 3,000 cals a day with that and all the beer. :sad:
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't blame the food anymore. I blame myself for eating it and giving in to the cravings for them.
    BUT - If i had to pinpoint something - cheese and pastries. I really love Pie.
  • Dymatized
    Options
    Fast food, soda and pretty much anything processed.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bakery goods - especially chocolate mini donuts - and i'm finding I don't even like chocolate that much... Oh the irony!
    But seriously -- I don't think it was ever the food really!