What food do you blame for making you fat?

Options

Replies

• loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    None to be honest. I just use to eat too much of everything lol,
    first off AWESOME loss, and secondanly i agree with this.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Cocktails.

Specifically, margaritas.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    nonhealthy food ;) I eat too much of it.
    :drinker:
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No self control around chicken wings. Deep fried fat lard chicken wings..
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sweets (cake, chocolate, cookies, ice cream)
    Everything else I can handle.
  • Jof2013
    Jof2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Processed foods
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My problem wasn't any particular food. My problem was portion control. If it was there I ate it til it was gone.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Beer.
  • Dani_Davies23
    Options
    It's not that I don't blame myself but I will give myself the benefit of the doubt. If you are raised on really unhealthy foods you grow up with little knowledge about nutrition and terrible eating habits. I lived with the basic knowledge that McDonalds=not the greatest, but with little else. I had no idea about portions or even how terrible frozen pre-cooked meals were. Wait...there's a difference between a potato and a baked potato smothered in butter and drowning in sour cream? Who the hell knows they are overeating in order to overcompensate for poor nutrition and emotional abuse until they are out of that period in time.
    Only then can I blame myself if I choose to ignore my new found knowledge and not change.
  • adelephant16
    Options
    peanut butter! It's so hard not to take a spoonful here and there.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Lattes, coffee with flavored creamer, and hot chocolate.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Like most say, i don't blame the food. I do blame me, but i also forgive me. I had no idea convenience food was bad....no one educated me about how to eat....so in essence, I guess if i have to blame anything/anyone, i blame consumerist society who puts fast food at every corner and is okay with having crap lunches in schools and doesn't make it important to teach our kids how to be healthy. I also blame my emotions, who lied to me and told me life was hard because i "emoted" and comforted myself with food. I blame salt and fat, as flavor enhancers, they really told my taste buds "whoopee, have more of me!" and of course, honorable mentions to my fave foods as well: cheese, butter, sour cream, mayo and salt. Oh also, healthier foods that i overate, like nuts and dried fruit. Ahh and the caloric beverages...Starbucks accounted for a good 40 lbs of weight. Yep, it was all me, but there were definitely contributing factors LOL
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Never one food for me either. I love the Chocolate Turtles and Necco Peach Blossoms candy though. I just ate too big portions of the rest of my food and blamed the sweets.
  • TexMexBel
    TexMexBel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and LOTS of carbs (comfort food to feed my emotional eating)
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's me and my relationship with my comfort foods that's to blame. My comfort/reward foods have always been M&Ms, choc chip cookies, french fries, and nutritionally devoid carbs.
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    My mindless picking....not necessarily always "fattening" stuff but mindless just a bite here and there. I vow to stop doing that and only eat at predetermined intervals. PERIOD!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    1. not moving
    2. more pizza
  • shullrd
    Options
    I honestly don't think there was any one thing, because I used to eat so badly, but soft drinks were probably the biggest downfall for me. I would drink several cans a day and it really added up. Just switching to Diet Coke helped me to lose a lot of weight, but I felt a lot better eliminating it completely.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    None to be honest. I just use to eat too much of everything lol,

Same here. I blame my lack of willpower more than anything. Even now, I won't deny myself any particular food just because it could be labeled by some as "bad." Heck, yesterday, I had an 8oz serving of soda, homemade chocolate chip cookies (made with wheat flour and sugar in the raw!) and even homemade fudge! And guess what? My scales only had me up about a pound and a half this morning. Since I drank so little water yesterday, I'm sure I know what that 1.5 is! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    none. individual foods don't make us fat. our overall diets do.