What food do you blame for making you fat?

Options

Replies

• littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Pizza and chocolate!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it was baby carrots. I ate a solid amount of baby carrots when I was gaining weight.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I blame myself for being uninformed, and having no self control around fried food.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    fish tacos.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I don't blame the food....I blame me and my lack of willpower for it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Milk. It was a dairy truck that ran me over.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't blame the food. I blame the one that didn't have the discipline to stay away from said food (me).
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    Soda, over-eating of chocolate. Now everything has to be diet and under 150 calories LOL.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    It was NOT a specific food, it was lack of portion control unfortunately.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I definitely still have troubles with willpower. I love food. So much. It is still my go-to thing when I'm feeling down or just bored in general.

I also think it's kind of a psychological thing, too. I'm a college kid and when I'm at my Uncle's (I stay there during the school week) I eat healthy and rarely binge. But when I'm at home, that is the real main problem. I think it's the fact that my mom thinks that chips are the devil, cookies are okay for everyone else to eat except for me, and the fact that she says that they are against my diet makes me want to eat more of the foods that I should definitely limit. So I think I unintentionally eat them to piss her off.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Oh, and I worked at a movie theater for four months. Ate nothing but popcorn with extra, extra, EXTRA butter, Mr. Pibb, and would steal candy whenever I worked. My weight shot up from 150 to 170 in four months.

The only thing that really saved me was the fact that I swam all my life. I was still up around 200, but under.... then I hit 200 after I graduated. And then college made me shoot up another 40. haha oops
  • 1234ruth5678
    Options
    Biscuits and cake!!!!!
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    Biscuits. It's always the biscuits!!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No foods to be blamed- just my own self control and education about what is really in the food! :)

Now- I don't shop like I used to. I buy candy- but I buy mini candy bars- and 1 or 2 max is all I will ever have. If I know I am going to eat something unhealthy- like this week invited to a pizza party- I knew it was homeade pizzas and more healthy than take out pizzas- but it was still pizza- and a lot of carbs. So I work it off before I indulge- when I do this- I never gain. May not lose that week- but I don't gain.
  • lily587
    Options
    Pizza, any and all kinds of cheese, chips, fast food, alcohol :(
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Why are we blaming the food? I pretty sure its called Will Power. Either you eat it or you don't and if you do limit your quantity. :tongue: :tongue:
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    green chilie cheese fries and bacon cheeseburgers. omg!
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Beer!!

Also fried food.
  • Flyersteve18
    Flyersteve18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    pizza is my worst enemy. I could eat that all day
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to start WWIII with this, but....

Blaming food for being fat is like blaming guns for dead people. We have become such a blame-shifting people. Take responsibility for what YOU put in your own mouth. Don't blame a great tasting yet bad for you food. Take responsibility.

If you never do that, you'll never get to the place of freedom to eat what you want and portion control and the place of not allowing food (an inanimate object!) to control you. Take control of your own life.