Anyone else fall off the wagon in December?

Options
Wow, I fell off the wagon big time! I kept up with my exercise but my eating was pretty terrible over the holidays. Had a few binges along with some general bad eating days. I had done really well in October and November but I kind of blew it over the last few weeks. I can't bear to weigh myself to see the damage I've done so instead I'm going to hop back on the healthy train and check my weight in a couple of weeks. I have to run a half marathon at the end of January so hopefully that will be motivation enough to keep me going!
How about you guys? Did anyone else have a tough time with the holidays or am I the only one who reverted to old ways?

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, yes! Someone on this site profoundly hurt my feelings in November, I deleted my account, and things have not gone well since.
  • warrior63
    Options
    Wow, I fell off the wagon big time! I kept up with my exercise but my eating was pretty terrible over the holidays. Had a few binges along with some general bad eating days. I had done really well in October and November but I kind of blew it over the last few weeks. I can't bear to weigh myself to see the damage I've done so instead I'm going to hop back on the healthy train and check my weight in a couple of weeks. I have to run a half marathon at the end of January so hopefully that will be motivation enough to keep me going!
    How about you guys? Did anyone else have a tough time with the holidays or am I the only one who reverted to old ways?
    Christmas eve and day...I took the fall...but back on track.So I guess the answer would be NO you are not alone.
  • luvScott
    luvScott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, yes! Someone on this site profoundly hurt my feelings in November, I deleted my account, and things have not gone well since.

Oh dear, I hope you start things up again. Don't let anyone on a website hurt you so much that it stops you from moving forward. I'm getting back on board effective immediately and I hope you do too :smile:
  • wrkout2bfit
    wrkout2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I too have had a lot of unhealthy foods lately. I still have been doing my workouts also, but won't get weighed till after New Years. I am a runner also, with A half marathon in May, but small races starting in 2 months. I really need to get on the ball, start eating better, and training. I don't want to see me weight right now, afraid the number on the scale will put me into an eating binge. Best of luck in your healthy eating, and your 1/2 marathon. Feel free to add me if you want. :smile:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, fall off the wagon? I fell off the train and it has been a wild ride since. Cookies, candy, pie, ice cream- what was I thinking? Oh yeah, I had to compare neighbors chocolate chip cookies to MIL's. (neighbor's was better). I felt ill at work today my pants were so tight. The Christmas pictures I won't even post to my family with the big moon face and double chins.

But, do I regret it? Not a bit. Okay I put on maybe 5 pounds but it was worth the family and friends time. Now onward to 2013!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Definately raising my hand on this one...Hi, my name is Danielle and i'm a recovering sugarholic! I had so much discipline before December hit and now ...well I get up in the middle of the night for sweets. I have been maintaining my weight within 2 lbs thankfully and adding a couple extra workouts, but I really dont want to maintain. I'm only about 15-20 lbs from goal and don't want to revert back to my old ways.

We just need to put our heads back in the game , detox from the bad foods and think of what 2013 could be if we clean up our act!
  • mdyorston
    Options
    yes! I haven't worked out all month and have blown my calorie goal a few times. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day to start over :)
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I binged out on Christmas dinner, with spag/meatballs. I also went back for leftovers twice and had a nap. I wasnt going to weigh myself because I was scared. But I changed my mind because I wanted to know what I was working against. So I weighed 4 pounds more than usual, So I had a great workout. As of now I weigh less than I did this morning. So im hoping it all water weight from all the sodium.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I would not say I totally fell off the wagon but I was definately being dragged along beside it!!! LOL I decided a couple weeks after Thanksgiving that I was going to try to just maintain my 36 pound weight loss until after the first of the year. Not sure what damage I did since last Saturday but up until then i had not regained anything but have definately not been eating healthy!! Gonna try to take it easy the next few day and have some fun on New Years Eve then THAT IS IT - BACK ON THE HEALTHY WAGON FOR ME!!!!
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list. Yes, I fell off the wagon and was probably dragged a few miles before the wagon ran over me :) But this morning I weighed myself, admitted to my temporary setback and pulled myself back up. I refuse to beat myself up over it and instead will look ahead.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've fallen. Hard. In the past two weeks. Sigh.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    According to my newsfeed, most of my friends have not logged in for a WHOLE MONTH! Talk about falling off the wagon!
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I fell off Christmas and Christmas Eve but am doing somewhat better today...getting back on track.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    According to my newsfeed, most of my friends have not logged in for a WHOLE MONTH! Talk about falling off the wagon!
    Ugh, you and me both sister. Some people just don't get it!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I would not call it a "fall" as I always choose to indulge.
    It's part of the plan.
    From Thanksgiving to Christmas I lay off diet and exercise a bit - not totally.
    Usually, I gain 10-15 pounds.
    By the end of January I'll be back at my goal weight, and I want to kick things up a notch and lose additional weight.
    I envy those of you who just stay the course all the way.
    Not me...I need to drop back at times, gather my energies, then push ahead.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i had some really bad days, but did okay overall.

too much damn wine though. good lord.
  • dsmboy1991
    dsmboy1991 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This weekend I fell off the wagon, it ran me over, and then backed up over me. :laugh:

But you know what, I'm not worried about it. I bust my butt all the rest of the time and some of my friends are only home this time of year. So I enjoy the good food and couple cocktails with them when I can.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off - I did a swan dive into the Thanksgiving to Christmas dinners. It was all planned and enjoyed. Guilt ruins it! Two weeks from now it will all be behind me. Cheers!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Such slackers throughout MFP...pfftt.
  • tite732
    tite732 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes i fell off because i started to drink alcohol for the holidays and now I'm sick and can't work out . i gotta eat and I'm binging from depression ...i need some friends to help me get on track PLEASE ADD ME