girls dont like skinny guys

Options

Replies

• chrissyhy
    Options
    I am attracted to humorous men, intelligent men, men with DIY skills, and I can find something physically attractive about just about every man. Until my husband, I had never dated anyone obese. We've been married three years now and I've never been happier. I wish he would make healthier choices and join me on my journey to healthier living, but I've learned I can't be the one to make him do it.

Anyhoo, I digress. If gaining some muscle mass will make YOU feel better - do it. When the right woman comes along, she will love you for what's inside (the outside should just be the icing on the already awesome cake).

WELL put. 100% Agreed!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    That's a load of crap. I know lots of girls who prefer skinny guys. Just dye your hair black and get some tattoos, and you'll be good to go ;)
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    1) Eat more and make sure it's clean (lean meats, vegetables, fruits)
    2) Lift heavy (check out Starting Strength and Stronglifts 5x5)

Also if you want to tuck a shirt in, try a suit. Women love men in a nice suit. A tucked-in polo is not a suit.

I just want to add, that my husband is 6'1" tall and about 180 lbs. He wears a 40L coat and 30-31 waist on his pants. He is quite slender and lean.

At 130 his cheeks would be sunken and he would look like a walking skeleton. I just don't think the photo attached to the OP's profile is accurate. Something just isn't right about this topic.

Yeap. I'm 6'1" and 180 with 17% bodyfat. At 130lbs I'd look like walking death.
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    That's not true, I love skinny guys. I like being stronger.
  • mgloreth
    Options
    I'm really skinny also but don't have that problem, girls don't seem to care that I'm skinny. Most of them say wow your really skinny gain some weight but that's all
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Weight and build honestly don't matter to me. Though, I've always liked guys that were lean with a little muscle but not too much, I could totally go for just a skinny guy, chubby guy, ripped, whatever. I just like all types of men :)
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I like muscles! They make me happy! Lol.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've been with a skinny guy but I do prefer men with muscles.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My last boyfriend was totally skinny. No muscle definition whatsoever. But when there's chemistry, there's chemistry. And we sure had something.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here today. My goal is to add muscle to my frame. Currently I'm at 130 lbs Hoping to get to around 150 or so. I don't look that thin in my profile pic, think I may have zoomed in too much, but anyway I have trouble getting dates because most girls say I'm way to skinny that I need some muscle so that's why I'm here. I joined a gym last week , would it be more beneficial to get a personal trainer. Do most girls go for bigger guys?

Girls like facial aesthetics. Skinny doesn't really matter.

Source:

Twilight
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a rule: Any guy I date must be stronger than me (signficantly). My max deadlift is 245# & I squat 195#, so this rule actually eliminates a surprising number of men. However, my roommate is absolutely beautiful and she is dating a skinny engineer. Sometimes it just comes down to finding a man who makes you smile.

:)
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Although Justin Bieber f*cked it up for a lot of guys.

too funny......lol. As for skinny guys- its the not body that determines if I am interested, its what comes out of your mouth- can you carry a convo to hold my interest....
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I think attraction goes back to the instincts we had back when humans were still swinging by their tails from some vine in the loathsome jungle.
    BIG STRONG MAN - MONKEY GIRL LIKE....:glasses:
    Just work to be your best and let the cards fall where they may.
    Women like a strong physical presence, and that's part attitude, muscularity and personality.
    Happy Hunting!
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It isn't really something that can be that generalised like that; it depends on the girl, it depends on the guy. If you feel you'd be more comfortable in yourself to add some bulk; do it, perhaps its confidence you lack. 'All' men like curves? I have none, and it's never been a problem. If someone had a problem with it, it doesn't bother me, because if its going to be that shallow I'm probably not interested anyway.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Some woman like skinny, some like strong, some like body-builder types, some some chubby, there really is someone for everyone out there.

What woman don't like is a man who doesn't have confidence in himself. You need to feel good about yourself, and be happy with who you are, and woman will see that, and thats attractive.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I would like to be at 130 pounds. I have the opposite problem I don't get asked on dates due to being to chubby. I am one who goes by personality to me that carries more weight. I will be glad to support you in wanting to add more muscle wish you lots of luck
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    i like skinny guys...and fit guys...and chubby guys....i guess i just like guys lol.:blushing:
    Same here! :happy:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I believe you when you say that they say that they won't date you because they think you are too skinny. But, I don't believe that's the real reason they won't date you.

Just a thought.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it depends on the woman. For me. I'm more attracted to bigger men. My boyfriend is between 180 and 196 @ any given time. I would feel awful if he was smaller than me. But HEY that's just me. Different strokes for different folks :drinker:
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    for me its mostly about the personality