Thigh Gap: Not possible for some??? Is this true?

Options

Replies

• DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've coveted thigh gaps since middle school, decades before I found MFP. It destroyed me back then that no matter how little I ate or how much I worked out my thighs still grazed each other. I still covet the gap but it doesn't consume me anymore. Not like it did. I'm not thrilled with only being 5' 1” either, but **** it. It is what it is.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It's depends on your bone structure. People with wide hip bones are more likely to get thigh gaps. Focus on being healthy and not the space between your thighs.
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i honestly just never knew that. I'm going to focus on something else besides my thighs. <3

I never knew either....guess I will pick something else as a goal???
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Muscular thighs are much more attractive then skinny legs in my opinion. To be honest I never heard of such a term until last 3 or 4 months.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    i honestly just never knew that. I'm going to focus on something else besides my thighs. <3

I think it's a common misconception these days that thin = thigh gap. You're not the only one. :) Good for you for shifting your focus.

Ditto!
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    I'd never heard of such a thing until I joined MFP (I guess I must live under a rock). Great, just when I'm starting to feel good about my 50lb weight loss, society tells me I'm less than desireable now because my thighs make contact with one another. It was a lost cause anyways, what with my stretch marks and destroyed boobs from breastfeeding.
    I'm pretty sure I won't be on my death bed worrying about whether or not I achieved 'thigh gap'. I'll be proud that I led a healthy, enjoyable, kind, generous life. The rest is inconsequential.

I must live under the other rock because I never heard of this either. I learned about fat skinny here too. Or was it skinny fat? Society, as you probably know, has been off its meds for quite some time now :smile: I was reading through some of these posts and wondered just what women will do to have a pair of these "prized" thighs. So I searched for thigh gap, and believe it or not, women actually have liposuction to create a gap between their thighs. Yeah, really, lol!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm at the high end of an overweight BMI, and I have one. 6ft tall with a wide frame.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    how does this thread from June keep getting bumped?

and who cares about thigh gap!

this makes me cranky!
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I always had one and thought I was freak with wonky legs my whole life till I came on here and saw how coveted they were. :noway:
  • fittf0rlife
    Options
    how about, if you see a thread you don't like, don't post in it
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    this_thread_again.jpg \m/
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    what is a "thigh gap"???
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    what is a "thigh gap"???

Apparently it's when you stand with your feet together and your upper inner thighs don't touch. It's also referred to as "daylight crotch". I guess it's a thing amount younger girls particularly those with disordered body image thoughts / and or disordered food thoughts.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    The only thigh gap I, as a man...am concerned with...is the one that is purposefully initiated specifically for my benefit.

Other than that...it's irrelevant.

winner in the honesty department!
    / thread
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    what is a "thigh gap"???

Apparently it's when you stand with your feet together and your upper inner thighs don't touch. It's also referred to as "daylight crotch". I guess it's a thing amount younger girls particularly those with disordered body image thoughts / and or disordered food thoughts.

thanks!

And thanks for starting this thread! Now I have another thing to obsess over about my body! As if stretch marks and breast size and body fat percentage and bulking and wrinkles and sun spots and frizzy hair weren't enough!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Speaking of thigh gap.. OMG the people that look ill because of their thigh gap, or their thigh gap just looks entirely unnatural... That look does NOT work for everyone that has it.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I was reading on a different post and I was wondering if the thigh gap thing takes in account many factors and it is not possible for all women to have this. I could lose all the weight I need to be at the low end of the healthy range and STILL not have one?

really?

That's a bummer.

How would you know if it's something that's possible for your body to do? I don't want to obsess about something as a goal if it's not something I can change

You may NOT be able to achieve it (depending on how you define it anyway... I wanted my legs not to touch and rub together when I walked/ran... I did have a little space at the top of them, but they still met and rubbed below that).

When I was much younger and a runner... okay, stats... 5'9", 115 to 120 pounds max, running average of 7 to 10 miles a day... I was so thin family accused me of being annorexic. I did NOT have a thigh gap. I had long thin legs "up to here", a tiny waist, an hourglass figure... but no #*@&amp;%ing thigh gap. So, while I have a goal to lose weight and be in great shape again... I do not have that as a goal.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

how bout you worry about yourself

i hate these obessions people have about their bodies.
    how bout we focus on being strong and healthy.
    if you wind up with a thigh gap. great. if not..great.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Ahh, I see you are new here!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I want a thigh gap more than anything!! Lol Telling me I might not be able to achieve it is heartbreaking!! :brokenheart:

You have one in your ticker! :flowerforyou: