Paul McCartney taking Kurt Cobain's Spot

Options
12345679»

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    So this was the travishamockery everyone was talking about? seemed okay to me.

boy...am i glad people don't over react before anything happens :huh:

http://youtu.be/624HfkMty_8
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    :grumble: :noway: WHATTHEF*CK!!!

That'd be like replacing Gene Simmons from Kiss with Brittney Spears..
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Did you watch the performance?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    So this was the travishamockery everyone was talking about? seemed okay to me.

boy...am i glad people don't over react before anything happens :huh:

http://youtu.be/624HfkMty_8
    I didn't stay up for it (and youtube is blocked at work), but I figured it wouldn't be any kind of attempt to "replace" Cobain with McCartney at all.... people definitely overreact easily...
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So weird!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I saw a clip on youtube this morning and didn't think it was as bad as I expected it to be. He wasn't trying to be KC.
  • PhoenixIsis
    Options
    They are both very talented and one thing they do have in common, they can write their own music. At least they didn't get one of these "musician" stars who can't write their own songs and need their voice to go through the studio first and add a dash of auto tone before they even remotely sound like a singer while handed over what to sing. I'm glad they got a true musician to fill in for Cobain's spot instead of these wannabes.
  • starrisonmclennon
    starrisonmclennon Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i love nirvana, i love paul mccartney, but i somehow don't see this panning out to be a good idea, however i won't judge it until i see it
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It was an awesome jam. I think the people downing McCartney in this thread for the most part just have no idea who he is, other than an aging musician. The Beatles were a ridiculously psychedelic band for their time, and Paul was always the more classic rock/hard rock guy of the band (he wrote, played guitar, and sang on "Helter Skelter," among most of the other "heavier" Beatles songs.)

Sir Paul is one of the most versatile musicians I've ever seen, along with Jimi Hendrix.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna give it to them. While the song wasn't exactly Nirvana's essence, or particularly great, it was a good way for them to get back together for a cause. And McCartney did better than I would have expected.

It says something when a former Beatle isn't expected to, nor can, live up to Cobain's legacy. But he did pay a nice homage, I thought.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

You just compared a Beatle to Britney. That is pure BLASPHEMY!

:smile:
  • D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love the Beatles. Not so much Nirvana, but I have great respect for them. It did sound strange news to me too. But what I saw was amazing. As it's been already said, that's not the best song in the world. It's just awesome how legendary musicians can embrace the idea of doing something together for a good cause. While so many know-it-alls wrote so much crap and put so many ridiculous names on that attempt. You should have more trust and respect for all those musicians.

I want to go to Paul's concert one day. Sigh.