• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    hehehehe
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Today, the plan is to do something physical.
    Another big family dinner tonight - need to burn some cals before I go!

Have a great day all.:flowerforyou:
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Michelle. I'm 41 years old. I'm a nurse and have a 16 y/o and 11 y/o.....the 40's have been quite a journey! The best part is I'm down 17 lb but still have 10 more to go! Here's to 2013!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,973 Member
    Options
    Had a great Xmas. Back at work, today, and right back on track with diet-plan and fitness-plan.

I'll fast as long as I can, today (I can tell I totally ate carbs, carbs, carbs! yesterday because my tummy is TOTALLY rumbling and there's no way I need MORE FOOD!). And, I'll go lift at lunch.

It's all good!
  • Spresh
    Spresh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first post! 48 year old canadian single mom of a 14 and 15 year old. My daughter and her friends think I'm a cool mom but my son just grunts at me occasionally so I'm not sure what he thinks! His friends seem to like hanging out at our house though so that must be a good thing!
    Sandra
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I think I'm going to incorporate delaying my food for as long as I can everyday until I do my weigh-in and my photos/measurements for end-of-December.

I don't want ANY bloat! And, if I'm down a few pounds, that would be favourable, too!

No exercise, today....planned rest day.
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    42 soon to be 43 here...love it and would NEVER want to be 22 or even 32 again. If anyone is looking for a cool "vintage" freind please add me...:smile:
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, turning 41 in Feb. Losing those extra kilo's suddenly seem awfully hard!! No matter what I do or what I eat, my weight and measurements stay exactly the same!!
  • leanveins
    leanveins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great work out today, and awesome dinner. 1/4 cup chopped onion,2 oz. chopped light smoked sausage, 1 cup chopped sweet potato, 1 cup chopped butternut squash ,1/2 cup chopped potato,browned up in a skillet with 1 tsp. olive oil then I added 2 cups of chopped kale, cooked until kale was tender. YUM
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    just turned 42 a few weeks ago, but I am decidedly uncool.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Welcome to those of you who *like* being in the 40+ club!

My husband turned 45 today! I think we'll take a trip to Palm Springs, maybe early march, to celebrate!

I'll get to the gym at lunch - lifting!
  • leanveins
    Options
    Leg day today and ran 2 miles. Now time to eat lunch and clean house. I'd rather workout then clean house.Gonna watch hoarders while I clean that always helps ! :laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Nicely done, lean!

I got my lifting in and done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!

Today, I lift!

Tomorrow, I'm putting on brunch for 20 people, so will do as much of the cooking/prep work as I can, tonight (I'm not a New Year's partier, anyway....) and am looking forward to seeing my friends tomorrow!

Then, it's RIGHT BACK AT IT for January 2, 2013!!

I'm ready for 2013! I think it's going to be an EXCELLENT year!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Saw a TON of "new faces" in the weights section of the gym at lunch....I guess the "new year's resolvers" started EARLY this year!

No matter - I got 'er done! And, I'll continue to get it done, every single day, despite the newbie-gym-goers. Once-upon-a-time, *I* was a newbie, too! So, I'll welcome them into my aura, and then release them when they decide, in February, to stop coming!

:smile:
  • cindywomack1
    cindywomack1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am stb 45 - Jan 8th :) Loving my 40s and I wish I had the confidence I have now when I was in my 20's and foolish! Proud mama to a 15 y/o son, and 18 y/o daughter and stepmom to two young men serving in the USNavy (21 and 23)
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy New Year cool kids! :drinker:

Pond hockey yesterday and snowshoeing today. Eating has been out of control again...really need to reign it in again.
    Back to lifting tomorrow.:happy:

Welcome new cool kids!!:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    A very happy new year, cool kids!

sdereski, I *love* your new photo!

I was actually quite sick over New Year's Eve (tummy troubles) and even though I'd spent 6 hours cooking that night, and 3 hours New Year's Day, I ate NOTHING. I simply couldn't - my stomach did NOT feel well! So, had 18 people in my house and I smiled and nodded, but finally had to kick them out because I needed to sleep - my fever was 102!

Anyway, I am going to rest, today. Was supposed to lift, but I've had nothing in my tummy for nearing 2 days and I just don't think I'll have the right energy. Will wait one more day and maybe even rest Thursday, too.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hope you feel better Beeps! Resting today and possibly tomorrow is a good idea.
  • leanveins
    Options
    Hope you feel better beeps:smile: Resting is the best idea the only way your body can heal.