Do u think Tebow is getting the shaft?

Options

Replies

• spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Cowboy fan.... I would be in heaven if we were to get Tebow and gladly watch inconsistent Romo leave.
    QB's need to be consistent not just throw 300+ yards a game... If you can not come out today and have a great game and turn around next week and still produce the same ability then you need to work on it or go...
    Oh man... I think Romo is one of the most over-rated, over-paid, choke-artists in the NFL but Tebow can't even be compared to him...
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    To anyone saying Tebow isn't good enough to be in the NFL, you're just flat wrong. Just because he's not the prototypical QB that throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs a game doesn't mean he's bad. He got the job done in Denver. Who would you rather have, Tebow, who can lead a team to wins but can't play like a "regular" QB, or a guy like Romo who can throw for 300 yards every game but can't come up big to get wins to save his life.

In short, the guy knows how to win. It doesn't matter how he does it, he still does it.

I am a huge Cowboy fan.... I would be in heaven if we were to get Tebow and gladly watch inconsistent Romo leave.
    QB's need to be consistent not just throw 300+ yards a game... If you can not come out today and have a great game and turn around next week and still produce the same ability then you need to work on it or go...

Exactly. But the sad thing is the people who are dead set against Tebow would say that Romo is a better quarterback just because of his stats. I would rather have someone who can deliver wins.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok First of all I'm a Jets fan... My poor team sucks so bad this year :sad:

Do I think Tebow is getting the shaft no.. I never understood why he came to the Jets or why we even wanted him. As for the person who said it was to fill seats please its NY ...They could be 1-15 and still people buy tickets. Fans are fans no matter how bad your team sucks. Tebow was never going to fit into our offense. But then again I don't understad WTF Tony Sparano is doing there either. I live in Miami I saw what he did to the Dolphins get him off my team. Tebow needs to learn pass control and become more of a passing QB then he currenlty is. He also needs an offense built around him. Thats not gonna happen in NY we spent to much on Sanchez
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am firmly in the Tebow camp...IDK f he could ever be a good QB, but Rex totally hosed him and he deserved a shot.
    Yes, I agree. He is a winner!! He'll be OK and will one day prove to many that they messed up, when they gave up on him!! Too bad he didn't have Peyton Manning coaching him on the same sideline.

Yeah I think the Broncos should have kept him at least out of loyalty and given him a chance to train with a QB that could have taught him something.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    To anyone saying Tebow isn't good enough to be in the NFL, you're just flat wrong. Just because he's not the prototypical QB that throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs a game doesn't mean he's bad. He got the job done in Denver. Who would you rather have, Tebow, who can lead a team to wins but can't play like a "regular" QB, or a guy like Romo who can throw for 300 yards every game but can't come up big to get wins to save his life.

In short, the guy knows how to win. It doesn't matter how he does it, he still does it.

if the Cowboys traded for Tebow, i'm pretty sure Kyle Orton's head would explode. :bigsmile:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

He needs to go to a team that does not need him to be top notch..Kerry Collins is great example...take snaps and don't turn it over..but cannot be a Michael Vick, RGIII or Luck kinda QB...that is my point to Tebow.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Tebow is a horrible QB and will be a big distraction on any team he is on. his career is basically over.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to never hear his name ever again. He's such a horribly judgemental self-righteous human being. As a player he's overrated.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to never hear his name ever again. He's such a horribly judgemental self-righteous human being. As a player he's overrated.

you are projecting your own biases. i don't think you could find a single quote of anything judgemental or self-righteous he's ever said as the QB at Florida, Denver, or NY.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

wrong. romo is a much better QB. tebow is a sub par passer and a sub par runner.
  • MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes TEBOW got shafted in a major way! He went from being a starting QB to being benched for 90% of the season. I hear he is possibly going to Jacksonville, so maybe he can get a new start there because as long as he's with the Jets his talent will be wasted.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Here is my view on Tebow.

He's a damn fine football player and has more integrity and drive than most of the players in the league. I think he has potential to be a good QB if given the chance to refine his game. Look at Aaron Rogers. He spent years as the back up for Favre and now is one of the top QB's to ever play the game. Only problem is, that he needs to go to a team as a back up on a team that has a very solid Veteran QB that would never ever be booed off the field.

The one truly exceptional thing that Tebow has is the ability to make those around him play better. Need Proof...2011 Broncos. I don't think anyone could argue that Kyle Orton is a better prototypical pocket passer than Tim Tebow, but orton was 1-4 when Tebow took over, and then they ended that season in the playoffs. No matter his stats...that team played better with Tebow as the QB

Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Saints, and Steelers are the teams that come to mind right now and of all of them I think the Steelers have an offense that fits him the best because Big Ben is a scrambling QB as well and the Steelers need to replace their two backups (Batch is excellent, but old...Leftwich hasn't finished a game with the Steelers without being injured)

The Last thing Tebow needs is to go to another team that will use him as a ticket seller or gadget player because then he will not have a chance to develop.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    dude is a virgin he aint getting or giving any shaft...:laugh:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I wish he could give me the shaft.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am firmly in the Tebow camp...IDK f he could ever be a good QB, but Rex totally hosed him and he deserved a shot.

If he were a good QB he would have gotten a shot. He is not so is he 3rd string. Nothing different than any other depth chart in the NFL plain and simple. Just so happens this guy happens to be a bible thumper so people push more for him to get into a game and drag his team down.

This is coming from a Broncos fan who watched Tebow play every game last season.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

If he were a good QB he would have gotten a shot. He is not so is he 3rd string. Nothing different than any other depth chart in the NFL plain and simple. Just so happens this guy happens to be a bible thumper so people push more for him to get into a game and drag his team down.

This is coming from a Broncos fan who watched Tebow play every game last season.

i doubt anyone could say it better.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I think that Rex Ryan has no intentions of ever playing Tim Tebow unless he's instructed to by the GM or owner. That being the case, I hope Tim lands on a team for next season where he gets a fair chance to prove himself.

I totally agree with this statement. I cannot stand Rex Ryan, and think the there was NEVER any intention. He was brought on the team for his PR star power, not his talent. I also think that the ESPN reporters were just waiting to pounce on him. IMO the guy is just a good, decent guy. Much better than some of the other players (and coaches).

Is he the next great QB? Probably not, but he could be! Won't know unless he is given a chance.
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Living in Jacksonville, I can definitely say he has an incredible fan base here. Not sure how he would perform but he would definitely drive up some ticket & merchandise sales!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bring Tebow to Tampa..... his fan base is big and lord knows we need a better quarterback and someone who can sell tickets.....
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

you are projecting your own biases. i don't think you could find a single quote of anything judgemental or self-righteous he's ever said as the QB at Florida, Denver, or NY.
    With all due respect if you don't see it then it is likely your bias. The guy literally wears it on his face. Believe me I'm equally annoyed with the "god gave us the win" comments by other players and coaches. but these other people generally aren't as in your face and annoying. God has nothing to do with football. Using your mythology as a way to become a spectacle especially in an effort to advance one's career is deplorable. Advance by your talent and merits.