Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Never. It smells like homeless people.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Only when we're on the road and there aren't other healthy(ish) options nearby. They're terribly overpriced and, in my opinion, kind of gross tasting.

My new favorite healthier option for travel food is the turkey burger from Hardee's minus the cheese and mayo. It tastes like a turkey burger you'd grill at home.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i have subway maybe 2-3 times a month.
  • sherbear2678
    sherbear2678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    never & don't plan to start :)
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    It's overpriced and you can make a better sandwich with fewer cals at home. Screw subway

Totally...they use processed meats, etc., blah, blah, bleh :noway:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Never again.

their meat is terrible and their "bread" is insanely bad. there are so many better options.

and the place smells horrible.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's overpriced and you can make a better sandwich with fewer cals at home. Screw subway

Huh? It costs $2.50 for a 6 inch ham and turkey. And the op isn't at home. Convenience counts.

I used to eat there all the time when I started out. Lost a bunch of weight. Then I switched to McDonalds during the summer. Lost even more weight and enjoyed the free wireless Internet.

Eat away OP, you'll be just fine
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I live legit next to a subway and work next to another subway. It's fairly safe to say that I eat there WAY TOO much. I am trying to walk past and not even look at it. I LOVE the cold cut and egg salad sandwiches!!! SO MUCH FAT though :( I also LOVE the subway cookies. *sigh* I agree, I am better off making my own sandwiches because I never chose healthy options at Subway.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    If you're just eating for calories and don't care about the quality of food, personal health, or nutrition, then just have a Snickers bar for lunch every day: less calories, cheap, and convenient.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    cold cuts are too salty for me
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    If you're just eating for calories and don't care about the quality of food, personal health, or nutrition, then just have a Snickers bar for lunch every day: less calories, cheap, and convenient.

I had a Snickers for lunch a couple of times recently when my lunch option was convenience store with few choices. It DID really satisfy!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Rarely. And not once since I discovered this place called the Pita Pit that is 1,000 times better than Subway.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a year and only if it is the only option at the time. :noway:
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Doesn't make sense to neat there. By the time you get the low calorie option you pay the same as you would if you got all the fixings. Not to mention the sodium level is ridiculously high. Nothing wrong with eating there but it's not a healthy option. I consider it a cheat.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. This is why I avoid F&N topics like the plague. People believe in so much false information that they make losing weight a losing proposition. They make it so difficult that people give up after a few weeks. Sodium doesn't make you fat. Processed food doesn't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Stay under calories and hit your macros. it's so damn easy.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I eat there often, mostly because the choices near work are mcdonalds (and other hamburger joints), taco bell, pizza places or subway. We have a hometown sub shop called micasa too, but I need to figure out the nutrition info before i'll eat there.

Making a sandwich at home is also a good choice, I do that most of the time; but honestly there are mornings where i'm rushed and don't have time or forget or just don't feel like it. Then I'd rather choose subway than mcdonalds.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Yuck, I also can't stand the way it smells in there. I'd go to jimmy johns if I wanted a sub.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. This is why I avoid F&N topics like the plague. People believe on so much false information that they make lodging weight a losing proposition. They make it so difficult that people give up after a few weeks. Sodium doesn't make you fat. Processed food doesn't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Stay under calories and hit your macros. it's so damn easy.

Damn Straight!
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Rarely, although up until my sister quit this month, she gave me a free sub about once a week. Can't pass down free food!! ;)
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I've eaten Subway 3 times in my life, different locations, years apart. Each time I got violently ill. I pass one on my way to work and sometimes the smells wafting from inside are tempting but no. I'm scared.