How often do you eat at Subway

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Maybe once every couple of years out of desperation.
    To me, subway is a big spongy salt bomb.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Since I travel and am away from home for months at a time, Subway is often the best choice. The cool thing is I can go to the website & make my own before ordering and know exactly how many calories I am about to eat.

With me It's generally the case of, It's late. Im tired, Im hungry, I have reports to do; so I dont mind paying extra for that convenience (and it's easier than struggling through MFP)

http://www.subway.com/menu/MenuCategoryItems.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeId=1&MenuId=35
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Whenever Subway is mentioned on F&N the responses are all over the place. I eat subway veggie subs when I travel or occasionally when I forget to pack a lunch. During avocado month I switch to Turkey and avocado.

You have to do what works for you. If eating subway fits into your macros and you like it, go for it.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Rarely.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. This is why I avoid F&N topics like the plague. People believe in so much false information that they make losing weight a losing proposition. They make it so difficult that people give up after a few weeks. Sodium doesn't make you fat. Processed food doesn't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Stay under calories and hit your macros. it's so damn easy.

Was going to reply, but you said it perfectly. People who replied about Subway being bad, probably eat at McDonald's instead. What gives?
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    We have Subway maybe once a month or less. We do like it but as everyone says, its cheaper to make your own. Still, there is something to be said for convenient sometimes.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous. This is why I avoid F&N topics like the plague. People believe in so much false information that they make losing weight a losing proposition. They make it so difficult that people give up after a few weeks. Sodium doesn't make you fat. Processed food doesn't make you fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Stay under calories and hit your macros. it's so damn easy.
    Subway is 300% better than the junk I used to eat...wow!
    I consider it high class health food.
    To each his own...if folks see Subway as junk, don't eat it.
    MORE FOR ME!
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'd rather go home and make me a bacon hamburger for less calories and is by far more tasty. Just saying. ;)

Comments like that on this forum could result in lots of guys asking for your number. :D mmmm bacon burger.....
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Never.

I was diabetic when I was pregnant and I tested my blood sugar after eating a six inch tuna on wheat bread. Jacked my blood sugar right up. Total garbage.

And it does stink in there...
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Once every couple months, and never for healthy eating. If I want healthy, I eat at home. I go to Subway for meatballs. There was a bar where I lived in Spain that did the most divine albondigas in marinara sauce, and I've been trying to repeat the taste from many Spanish restaurants for the last 25 years. Subway is the closest I've got. Go figure.

I don't like the smell when I walk past it, though. Processed bread, uck. The smell put me off for most of my life - I think I first went in about two years ago.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    never. it's pretty gross and the list of chemicals in their "food" is atrocious.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    almost never. for all the reasons everyone already said.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

i agree!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    1-2x per week. Six inch and a coke zero. And I use their points card so it gets even cheaper when I have enough points for a free six inch or something.
  • maxell91
    Options
    I ate there like four days a week when I first started dieting, but its too overpriced and just not that tasty. You're better off making a sub at home or going to a deli. Most delis, even grocery store delis will make you an awesome built to order sub for less than a foot long at subway.
  • mdyorston
    Options
    I ordered a "cheesesteak" there one time and I saw the guy pull the pre-cooked meat out of a styrofoam container from some kind of contraption to keep it warm , put the cheese on the bread and then put the lukewarm steak on top.....ugh ! So no, not a fan
  • fatbody23
    Options
    Never. Not a big fan of "fresh" pre sliced food.
  • ohyousillygirl
    ohyousillygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to eat there a lot but then lately I’m never satisfied, I think I’ve just lost the taste for it completely. That and the fact that I learned the sandwich I would get (12in turkey on Italian w/ lettuce, olives, green peppers, light mayo, American cheese) is 710 calories and there were so many other things I’d rather eat for the same amount of calories. Also the sandwich I get is totally one that is probably better made at home, I was basically eating the bread with 4 pieces of turkey on it.

I definitely don’t think it’s a bad place to go if you find it filling/ satisfying, you may get tired eating it every day though.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Yup.

That being said, it is rather expensive, and you could save a lot of money by making your own food at home.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've eaten Subway 3 times in my life, different locations, years apart. Each time I got violently ill. I pass one on my way to work and sometimes the smells wafting from inside are tempting but no. I'm scared.

I stopped about 9 years ago after getting food poisoning at three different locations, three different types of subs. My husband has also gotten food poisoning from there (again, different locations than mine) and refuses to eat there. Every now and then, I kind of miss the chicken teriyaki, but really, it wasn't *that* good.