Friends with benifits

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    @vkaylor No disrespect, but do you know from experience? Cause I'm looking for honest advice. Theirs this girl and she wants to but I'm scared it will ruin our friendship. I really like her.

Just to let you know....if you tell her no, that'll put a damper on your friendship anyways. Not saying you can't move past it and still be platonic friends, but telling you to prepare yourself for a little awkwardness.

Then again, better than doing it and a month later one of you wants something more and the other doesn't.
  • Just_do_it_xo
    Just_do_it_xo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong? No. Does it work out? No. Someone ALWAYS develops feelings.

^^^This
    Someone ALWAYS CATCHES FEELINGS! & I speak this from experience. bestfriends before & now 9 months later after not speaking to eachother still heartbroken. careful with that.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Things cannot be won unless action is taken. :brokenheart:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Do you think its wrong to have a friend that you really like and really like to be around, workout with, laugh with, but you have crazy sex? But it has no chance at a relationship as far as bf/gf marriage?

Since you asked. Yes I think it is wrong. Objectively wrong and immoral. There is a reason why morality exists. It is good for us and good for society. The destruction of traditional values is freedom but is is the freedom to be destructive, not just to oneself but also to the fabric of community.

So, you would equate something like a friends with benefits relationship to, I don't know, murder? I mean, murder is pretty immoral.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    This was in "Muscle & Fitness Hers", Nov/Dec 2012 issue... I tend to believe they're right...

2012-12-29223419.png

Sorry. Need to resize it... right click and view image in new tab lol
    What i get from this is that people are more likely to develop feelings for their friend with benefits if they have orgasms. So OP..if you decide to go for it..keep that in mind haha
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
  • ryanb80
    Options
    Ive done it and am currently doing it now for the last year with a younger friend. Its just like anything you just have to get the right setup and it works. Never had major problems, but if one develops feelings then the friendship stops cold in my setup, Ive been on both sides of the feelings part myself. My reasons for being in this type thing is I work away from home, never home basically so I found a person who works like me but could be around in town when I come. Having a loved one at home alone is miserable so I wont do that to anyone, and will not let them come to work with me either.
  • intrepidity
    Options
    Aww! Slippery slopes are SO much fun on the way down but really impossible to get back to the top. I hope it works out but I have never seen it work in real life. Tell me again why u two wont date?

Well for starters she's a student in my crossfit class. I know her parents and she's about 12 yrs younger than me :/ She wants to and she's really hot but I respect her parents and the ethics of student/teacher relationship.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    not at all wrong. We're human. Life is much more enjoyable when you give in to carnal desires.

False. This attitude is why a lot of us here are fat. Food and sex are both "carnal" desires and lack of caution can lead to unintended and unpleasant consequences relating to both.
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    THREE TIME RULE!
    Heard of it? seen it in action...usually from the girl's side.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I think frequency plays into it. If you're sleeping together every day, spending the night at each other's houses, then going out to catch dinner and a movie, it's really hard to distinguish between a hookup and a relationship. If it's a once or twice a month kind of thing, it keeps some distance between you and gives you a chance to see other people if you want.

If you're not sure you or her can do it without getting emotionally involved, just don't. It gets messy.

ETA: Based on the following, just don't. That can't end well, the emotional maturity is too different.
    Well for starters she's a student in my crossfit class. I know her parents and she's about 12 yrs younger than me :/ She wants to and she's really hot but I respect her parents and the ethics of student/teacher relationship.
  • banks89202
    Options
    Only if you want a stage 5 clinger on your hands after the slam bam thank you ma'am. :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    @vkaylor No disrespect, but do you know from experience? Cause I'm looking for honest advice. Theirs this girl and she wants to but I'm scared it will ruin our friendship. I really like her.

It could work. one of you will develop feelings (maybe you!), but that's not necessarily the end of the world. And if she wants to have crazy sex with you, but you're like thanks but no thanks, that's probably going to start putting a crimp in the friendship anyway. women tend to take the turning down of their sex kinda personal.

the HELL?!?!?!? No. Just NO. This is all wrong
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Aww! Slippery slopes are SO much fun on the way down but really impossible to get back to the top. I hope it works out but I have never seen it work in real life. Tell me again why u two wont date?

FWB usually ends badly in the first place. Mix that with a work relationship and friendship with her parents, and you've got a recipe for disaster unless you're considering dating her.

If you're sure you don't ever want to date, just let it go and say "no." Move on and find someone that you're not as socially connected with for that kind of relationship.
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    Do you think its wrong to have a friend that you really like and really like to be around, workout with, laugh with, but you have crazy sex? But it has no chance at a relationship as far as bf/gf marriage?

Since you asked. Yes I think it is wrong. Objectively wrong and immoral. There is a reason why morality exists. It is good for us and good for society. The destruction of traditional values is freedom but is is the freedom to be destructive, not just to oneself but also to the fabric of community.

So, you would equate something like a friends with benefits relationship to, I don't know, murder? I mean, murder is pretty immoral.

That escalated quickly.

I vote no. Speaking from experience, someone always falls in love. Sometimes it was the guy/other girl, other times it was me, the common denominator is that it ended badly and wasn't worth the hassle.
  • intrepidity
    Options
    THREE TIME RULE!
    Heard of it? seen it in action...usually from the girl's side.

No please explain. You're cute btw...
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, but don't ALL relationships carry the inherent risk of someone getting hurt? We would never fall in love, have a baby, make a close friend, if the main concern was the possibility of heart break.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Only if you want a stage 5 clinger on your hands after the slam bam thank you ma'am. :laugh:

Haha this
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I've done it...and it's worked out great...but you have to be very honest and you have to be very honest from the beginning and all during it....

also...she's your student...that doesn't bode well, she's mentally placed you in a position of authority by virtue of being a teacher, someone who shows her things and she learns from...

this almost ALWAYS ends badly......plus you seem to know her parents...if you were in a relationship that would be fine...

but just as FWB, wouldn't that be awkward?

I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to meet the parents of any person I was FWB with...

jus some food for thought
  • intrepidity
    Options
    @davpul she's actually really,really hot. That's why its a problem. If she was ugly it'd be easy.
This discussion has been closed.