How often do you eat at Subway

Options

Replies

• Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Maybe once a month. I usually get the veggie delight on wheat, with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos, banana peppers, oil and vinegar.
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    I really only eat there if I'm stuck at campus for a few hours in the afternoon. Home is 40 minutes away. Same goes for Wendys & Waffle House (I'm from Atlanta, gotta love WH). Gotta have variety.

The only reason why I like subway is mainly the bread I suppose. I don't like the bread we have at the house... if i were on my own I'd get my own choice.
  • mrsricta
    Options
    All I know is that I get physically sick EVERY SINGLE TIME I eat Subway!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they use a different bread than in UK as our Subway is like tasteless spongy pap but why eat out when you are near home? Your own ingredients will be tastier and more nutritious as well as cheaper!

Nope ..the Subway bread here is simply TASTELESS. If I'm going to eat bread ..I want it to at least taste good.

I rarely eat Subway, haven't for almost a year. I'd choose it only if I was out and about with limited options. The flatbread tastes better than the regular bread. The turkey is BLAND so I will load up on veg and peppers for flavor. Will do the same with what passes as "chicken" .. Rubbery blah-ness. Cold cuts?? ! Pass.
  • roxbox2013
    roxbox2013 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat there about once to twice a month. I get the footlong veggie delite and eat 6" one day and 6" the day afterwards. I have a long distance thing and we live in different countries. Subway is moderately cheap and accessible for both of us, so we order our Subways and eat together every month on the day we met on like a Skype date. Haha.

I get the Veggie Delite on wheat with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, banana pepper, cucumber, onions, and sweet onion sauce. Also under 300 cals. :3

But I agree about the hygiene. My aunt was the manager of one for over 5 years, and would have awful stories, but she still eats there!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Worked there for a few weeks years ago, was so put off by the careless casual attitude towards food safety regulations (wanna guess how many hours the meatballs stay in that heater until they are tossed? first hint, it's days, not hours) that I avoid it as much as possible now.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Never. IF I ever want a sandwich (hardly ever),I'll make one at home. Its more cost effective and nutritious. Besides, the smell of subway is vomit
    Inducing.
  • zombiekookie
    zombiekookie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    They got me going more frequent than I'd like with the $2 6inch.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I don't even like the smell of Subway, so I never eat there.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I eat at Subway at least once a week. For me it's about convience, portion control and making a better choice. I work out in the evening and normally leave the gym at 9 PM. Subway is next door and the lesser of the fast food evils nearby if I don't have my meal already planned at home. (Other choices would be Little Ceasar's pizza, Bojangle's fried chicken, or McDonald's.) Could I make a similar or better sub at home cheaper? For a half dozen subs, yes. For a single sub, I don't think so. I'd have to eat subs for a couple days straight or end up tossing out a lot of leftovers. Also, having the ingredients on hand to make multiple subs would lead me to eat more than one. Sad fact but it's true. I don't have a lot of self control with food. Not having a lot of ready to eat foods at home is one of the ways I control what I consume.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    NEVER and have no intention of starting! It may be a healthier option than most fast food, however the meat is loaded with nitrates and are one of the most used cancer causing agents in the U.S. YUCK!!

Do you realize some vegetables contain nitrates? Nitrates are a naturally occuring thing.

Do you eat bacon? Hot dogs? Lunch/deli meats from the grocery store? Etc? Than you are consuming regular nitrates.

Nitrates are not a cancer causing agent... it has just been linked to cancer along with hundreds of other things in the world.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Worked there for a few weeks years ago, was so put off by the careless casual attitude towards food safety regulations (wanna guess how many hours the meatballs stay in that heater until they are tossed? first hint, it's days, not hours) that I avoid it as much as possible now.

Keep in mind not all of them are run the same. It all depends on local health regulations as well as indivdual owners.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious. Is everyone who is making all your sandwiches at home roasting your own turkey or baking your own ham? If not, what brand of sandwich meat are you buying that is so low in sodium?
  • kelwan8
    Options
    Nice! I didn't know such an app existed. Will be using. Thanks!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Never. If I really want a sub (we call them hoagies) there are much better places. But I haven't had a sub since I started my weight loss.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've eaten there twice in the past week. Last time before that, was probably a few months ago.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    never & don't plan to start :)

BEST. ANSWER. EVER!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    NEVER and have no intention of starting! It may be a healthier option than most fast food, however the meat is loaded with nitrates and are one of the most used cancer causing agents in the U.S. YUCK!!

Do you realize some vegetables contain nitrates? Nitrates are a naturally occuring thing.

Do you eat bacon? Hot dogs? Lunch/deli meats from the grocery store? Etc? Than you are consuming regular nitrates.

Nitrates are not a cancer causing agent... it has just been linked to cancer along with hundreds of other things in the world.
    Truth. Lettuce contains 10 times more nitrates per serving than bacon.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Maybe once or twice a month.
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ortax,

You look pretty young, so I guess you can eat pretty much what the heck you want......but:)

I am ancient, and in the course of losing 140lbs (so far) over the last year, I've spent a lot of time with nutritionists.

All of them are pretty much down on Subway, 'cos it's ALL carbs. You check out the numbers here, and it ain't that great.

They're sorta okay if you double the meat and half the bread, but then they start rabbiting on about the meat being pressed and mechanically recovered and yada yada.

Paleo, me auld matelot. Paleo, low carb. Carbs and sugar are the menace. You might fink you can escape, but they'll git ya:)

brendan