How often do you eat at Subway

Options

Replies

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Seldom. If I want a sammich I make it at home usually.
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I used to go there once a week. since there's one right down the street from my house. I love the sweet onion chicken teriyaki (although that's definitely not the healthiest option at all). I would get that or a turkey sandwich. But I haven't been in a while.
  • whatsajosh
    whatsajosh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love Subway! I'm there once a week or more when I don't feel like cooking. Can also get in trouble there between cheese and some of the sauces. I've been big on the Tuscan Chicken lately.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I eat there probably once a week during the school year, because it's the healthiest option on campus. My campus offers Subway, Taco Bell, and a Pizza Hut Express (that only offers personal pan pizzas, pre-mixed salad with dressing, and breadsticks). I don't like the "healthy" options at Taco Bell, because they seem to always make me sick, so on campus Subway it is when I worked over and didn't have time to make a dinner before leaving for class.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Never.

I can make better subs for less money using this thing called "the supermarket".

Also I know for a fact that the Subway nutrition menu splits bread out into its own section. That 300 calorie sub is probably more like 500 calories. Maybe more. I believe condiments are also in their own section.
  • peaceloveabby
    Options
    A ton. I love subway. It's one of the few places I let myself eat out at. That and like Panera. At least once a week, sometimes twice. I had to cut down because I started going crazy and eating there like four nights a week because of my work schedule haha. I've reduced to one or two. Love it.
  • AlyssaMarie09
    AlyssaMarie09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat Subway all the time! Love it!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Almost never...there isn't one very convenient and frankly the sandwiches were kind of boring. We have better sandwich options near here.
  • Esmeralda007
    Options
    I go there once or twice a week!!! I'm a great fan they are awesome! ;)
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Lot of myopic opinions being slung around. Instead of bashing just Subway, the argument should include all fast foods. All are far from being shining examples of good nutrition.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten at Subway. Not a fan of most fast food, never have been, although my kids like Wendy's, so I'll have a salad or chili from there every so often. I would much rather buy my own things and create my own sandwich masterpiece. LoL

But hey, I guess if you get as accurate of a calorie count as you can, and keep everything else within your calories, it can't hurt. *shrug*
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
    Never.

I can make better subs for less money using this thing called "the supermarket".

Also I know for a fact that the Subway nutrition menu splits bread out into its own section. That 300 calorie sub is probably more like 500 calories. Maybe more. I believe condiments are also in their own section.

Not sure what youre saying here, but when using the Subway "Make Your Own", the choice of bread is included in the sandwich's calorie total .
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Screw subway

how DARE you !
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I think I've eaten at Subway about 5 times total, and then I had a salad each time. I don't really like it there. I can make a nicer salad at home.

I don't like any fast food to be honest. I'd rather go to a café and have a jacket potato and tuna and a coffee! My kids have never been to Mcdonalds or anywhere like that.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You're always going to get the best meal at home in your own kitchen but there's nothing wrong with Subway. It's much better than eating at most of the other FF places like McDonalds or BK. I don't know if they have a 100% whole grain bread but otherwise it's good food if you skip the chips and cookies.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So, this is a lifestyle change, but avoid Subway. Got it!
    :/

Seriously though, I eat @ Subway 2-3x's a week. Had it yesterday and today for lunch. And, I'm pretty smokin' hot and it hasn't made me grow a third nipple or anything (yet)
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat at subway twice a week, I get the veggie delight with a little sweet onion sauce, pepperjack cheese, spinach, tomato,green pepper, onion, pickles, banana peppers, black olives, and a little salt and pepper....DELICIOUS! I don't know why all the bad comments, my sandwiches have always tasted fresh. $5 dollar footlong, I eat half for lunch, the other for dinner, nothing wrong with that.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options
    So, this is a lifestyle change, but avoid Subway. Got it!
    :/

Seriously though, I eat @ Subway 2-3x's a week. Had it yesterday and today for lunch. And, I'm pretty smokin' hot and it hasn't made me grow a third nipple or anything (yet)

Well there is always hope! LOL
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    Never. There isn't anything on that menu that fits into my diet.