Mixed Signals!

Options

Replies

• Phoenixchichima
    Options
    he was keeping you "in the wings" for the ego strokes & has now found someone closer in whom he is more interested. sorry. move on.
  • ew513
    ew513 Posts: 35
    Options
    I won't be nasty about your post. I don't know how old you are but I think it is a good idea to tell him that you know he has been busy and you miss talking as much as you used to. But with the start of a new year, you just wanted to clear the air and be honest with each other. Knowing the truth, even if it hurts, is better than what your imagination will put you through imagining the worst. Good luck.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The way I see it is he's found someone in person to talk to and hang out with.

Seems like you might have just been someone to pass the time until he found someone he could hang out with in person. Not to sound harsh, I've just seen that happen before.

Maybe he wasn't using you on purpose, maybe it just happened by chance that he found someone in person to talk to/be friends with and therefore isn't texting you as much.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    with grammar skills like that, he may not want to talk to you...the red pen would be in full force....yikes.

Goodness me, you're rude. With written skills like yours I would keep quiet. Ellipsis is THREE dots, not four and there would be a space when you've finished with them. You might also like to consider some capital letters and perhaps, an exclamation mark after the word, "Yikes".

M'kay? :wink:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.
    I just don't care to write correctly at the moment.
    I'm upset, okay? You guys around here say you're nice but... I was just asking for some help, okay?

if you really want advice...grow some balls and straight out ask him what is up....you seem to have a great friendship, and yes you two were busy at school, so since its the start to a new semester/new year be upfront with him.

sorry linds...I disagree.

Last thing guys like is why? why? why?
    This is true. Men HATE a ton of questions. Even if they love you...
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    You're probably over-thinking this. I wouldn't worry about talking to him "too much". He's probably been busy during the holidays and I'm sure he'd like to hear from you.

:flowerforyou:
  • __Jamie__
    __Jamie__ Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ditch him. If you're having to start threads on forums for advice on what to do, that should be indication enough that whoever he is, he isn't worth your time. I still make the effort to talk to friends I knew in first/primarily school but who I rarely ever see these days - and they make the effort back, it's a mutual thing. Also, please update your profile, it doesn't look like you're taking much seriously.

I read in your profile "to be beautiful for my bf". Do you have a bf AND a guy you get "really close" with, or are they the same guy? Maybe he knows your secret! lol

I usually really hate it when people type like you just have, I grew out of it when I was about 15 I think, but I think it's too much trouble to go to, to make a post like this if you're not genuinely serious, so I'll spare you copious amounts of sarcasm :) Good luck with your weight loss, you'll find it easier to focus on if you tell him where to go.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    he could have met someone new... Sorry to say. But if his attention has shifted off you, then someone else is getting his attention. I would distance yourself also. Start the New Year fresh.
  • __Jamie__
    __Jamie__ Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.
    I'm upset, okay? You guys around here say you're nice but... I was just asking for some help, okay?

if you really want advice...grow some balls and straight out ask him what is up....you seem to have a great friendship, and yes you two were busy at school, so since its the start to a new semester/new year be upfront with him.

I must be an exception (: I do love a grilling... It's a prime opportunity to wind my girlfriend up lol
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like mixed signals to me, it sounds like you have a crush and you're trying to see behaviors in him that he's not actually showing.

If he has sensed that you have romantic feelings for him and he does not return them, he's going to create distance instead of continuing a close relationship.

Time to suck it up and decide what you want. You're not in a relationship with him and he has no obligation whatsoever to continue any pattern of behavior. He may have just transitioned past needing your constant attention.

If you can't handle hearing the feedback that doesn't coddle your crush, I recommend seeking the sympathy of your RL friends, and not the advice of strangers.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.

I must be an exception (: I do love a grilling... It's a prime opportunity to wind my girlfriend up lol

bad thing...lol
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    And something you need to remember. If a man wants to spend time with a woman, if he wants to talk to a woman. He will. He'll be there. As much if not more than you want.

When men distance themselves they have a hard time disappointing a woman. But you need to realize you are better than those kind of games. Just move on. Be happy somewhere else.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Holy textspeak batman! I don't even do that when I am actually sending an sms. I think my eyes might start bleeding.

That said, it *is* possible that he is actually busy with finals, and then being with his family over the holidays. It is also possible that he has lost interest in talking to you for some other reason. I would not recommend asking him about it, those conversations are just awkward, plus it is easy to sound accusatory and/or clingy. Nothing is more annoying than "why don't you text me anymore :(" (except I'm pretty sure your message wouldn't have that many vowels ;) ). I would send him the occasional message, and follow his lead. You could also ask him general questions that would allow you to see if he has been really busy. The question "what have you been up to lately" is very neutral, but gives him an easy way to tell you how busy he is, or if he has had some other distraction (illness, etc.) if in fact, these things are a factor.

Sometimes, especially when there is distance but no serious relationship, people just lose interest.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Keep talking to him.
    Sounds like he is just a little busy.
    We get stressed at times, nice to hear from a friend.
    Good luck and don't let the other bs bother you.
    Sometimes people on here just look for a fight.
  • Well, I typed something but it wasn't very nice. I made a general statement grouping all men into one category, so I wanted to delete it. Apparently, there are no options for that so here I am, typing something in the little box.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.

Not just guys, nothing makes me want to spend less time talking to a person quite like having them say something like "why don't you talk to me as much anymore." *shudder*

Edited to improve clarity.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    And something you need to remember. If a man wants to spend time with a woman, if he wants to talk to a woman. He will. He'll be there. As much if not more than you want.

When men distance themselves they have a hard time disappointing a woman. But you need to realize you are better than those kind of games. Just move on. Be happy somewhere else.

I partially disagree with that. It depends on the guy.

I for instance have extreme tunnel vision. If I'm focused on studying, time flies by and before I know it it's 11pm and too late to contact people. I can pass through a week without knowing it. I'll say "okay, tomorrow I'll call ---" and then I get distracted and it happens again and again until it's a month later and I haven't talked to anyone. It's not that I don't care or want to. I just get enveloped in things and temporarily forget everything else.
  • mommygirlx3
    mommygirlx3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    dont worry about the typing, I would just ask straight out what the problem is.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Men are pigs, get over it and move on. If he wants to talk to you, he will but don't wait around for him to decide that you're good enough.

Whoa.
    :noway:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    You.
    I know how to write.

They hate it, but it's a means to an end. Would you rather just wait and wonder or get it from the source?