What is the worst comment you ever got about your weight?

Options

Replies

• NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My mother basically told me that I was "too big" to get a boyfriend and that it was my own fault I haven't been on a date in a while. I still haven't gotten over that. I cried for about a week after. That was 4 months ago.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    When I was 8 - 9 months pregnant, an older co-worker said I looked like a "baby whale". :cry: Wonder what she would have said if she saw me at my heaviest??? :grumble:

ETA: OH YEA... And before that, when I was in my teens... I was / became really thin and my mom thought I was anemic. I've been from one extreme to another. :ohwell:
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant, but still...
    I was going to get some pizza, and the pizza guy asked me when I was due. I told him, and he asked if it was just one. I laughed, and said, "Yeah, just one,"
    He gave me a look of disgust and disbelief as he handed me my pizza and said, "Wow. You look like you're carrying twins."
    I should have thrown the pizza at his face, but I didn't think about it until later.
    I walked away, could hardly eat the stupid pizza and cried when I got home.

This one took my breath away. My God I'm so sorry.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My mother basically told me that I was "too big" to get a boyfriend and that it was my own fault I haven't been on a date in a while. I still haven't gotten over that. I cried for about a week after. That was 4 months ago.

You're a beautiful young woman. Try your hardest not to take to heart what your mother says from here on out. She is absolutely wrong. :heart:
  • xxclouds
    Options
    "You look like a Holocaust victim"
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    "You look like a Holocaust victim"

:(
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have gotten so big!
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    A very good friend of mine said he would have to "hoist" me up in to his Jeep, this was after about 1/2 my current weight loss.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, my dad said, "You look like you're ready for market".
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    If you looked like "her" I wouldn't have had to cheat.

Oh no he did not :explode: I sure hope you told him that if you didn't need a magnifying glass to see his penis with you'd maybe care enough to look like her....uggg some men have a huge nerve
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Probably the worst was when someone asked me when I was due and I was not pregnant. The next was when someone said I should be on the Biggest Loser. No one says that to me anymore :wink:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I struggled with thinking I was heavier than I was, even though I was a dancer and extremely fit, very muscular. My mother's friend asked me how much I weighed in a sort of sly way. I said that I weighed 100 pounds (it was the truth). She asked me how that was possible because my mother also weighed 100 pounds and I looked so much bigger than her. I said that maybe because we have different shapes. My mother has very skinny legs. I have bigger legs and butt than my mother, but I have a smaller waist, tummy and back. She rolled her eyes at me then said, "Oh, I know, it must be because muscle weighs more than fat, so you must have fat and your mother has muscle from doing yoga". In reality my mother weighed somewhere between 90 to 95 pounds (but just rounded up to 100). It was just an awful thing to say to a slender fit young person that was struggling with distorted body image. To tell me that I must be fatter than my mother. There has been worse (but this is one I felt comfortable sharing).
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Got called a whale :( oh well, I'm not that size anymore. But my mom who has only seen pictures of me keeps saying that I'm to thin now and I need to stop, and I'm still obese. I just laugh and say no I'm not done yet.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    It was 24 years ago. I was about to deliver my first baby. I wasn't obese, not even close, but hey, I WAS preggo chubby. Skinny nurse in my labour room takes one look at me and announces to the other nurses, her eyes rolling back into her skull, "This one's gonna be awhile. The fat ones always take all night,"
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    The other night, someone said that my butt was larger than average. And it made me super uncomfortable and self conscious. And I never thought my butt was noticeably big! And now I can't stop thinking about it.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    My father in law was watching my family over computer cam. He told me, Damn you had to have eatten at least 7000 calories at the meal. I was embarressed. I told him, I do not eat more than 1400 to 1600 calories a day. I cannot even imagine what 7000 calories would look like. The average amount of calories people eat at Golden Corral is 2800. If I would have eatten all of the potato salad it would have only been 2400 calories. Ugh... Oh by the way, the camera no longer shows what anyone is eatting.
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    When I was younger I struggled with thinking I was heavier than I was, even though I was a dancer and extremely fit, very muscular. My mother's friend asked me how much I weighed in a sort of sly way. I said that I weighed 100 pounds (it was the truth). She asked me how that was possible because my mother also weighed 100 pounds and I looked so much bigger than her. I said that maybe because we have different shapes. My mother has very skinny legs. I have bigger legs and butt than my mother, but I have a smaller waist, tummy and back. She rolled her eyes at me then said, "Oh, I know, it must be because muscle weighs more than fat, so you must have fat and your mother has muscle from doing yoga". In reality my mother weighed somewhere between 90 to 95 pounds (but just rounded up to 100). It was just an awful thing to say to a slender fit young person that was struggling with distorted body image. To tell me that I must be fatter than my mother. There has been worse (but this is one I felt comfortable sharing).

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. :frown:
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    It was 24 years ago. I was about to deliver my first baby. I wasn't obese, not even close, but hey, I WAS preggo chubby. Skinny nurse in my labour room takes one look at me and announces to the other nurses, her eyes rolling back into her skull, "This one's gonna be awhile. The fat ones always take all night,"

OMG how rude!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options

You're a beautiful young woman. Try your hardest not to take to heart what your mother says from here on out. She is absolutely wrong. :heart:

You're sweet. Thank you so much!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I have two that stick out the most.

The first was in elementary when some punk threw a magazine about liposuction at my head and told me I should get some,
    and the second was more recently when my coworker told me she'd put me out of my misery if I ever gained more weight.
    Ironic since she's gained a crapton since we worked together.