Booze or No Booze??

Options
Given myself 3 months to hit my short term goals and included in this is allowing myself one weekend a month to have a drink, if i totally deprive myself I will go nuts,

Anyone else trying the no drinking road??

Replies

• mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started on July 21st. I belive I have had one coffee since then. Outside of that one coffee I have been drinking water, water and more water. No booze, no soda, no coffee, just water. Prior to that I was drinking one or two sodas a day plus whatever else I wanted to drink. If I can do it, you can do it!
  • Shelliphant
    Shelliphant Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am! At least trying for a detox January...I'm not making myself any promises but I know alcohol is a big factor in my extra pounds, so if I want to belly fat to go, the booze has to go too!

It's (really!) early days for me too, but I would suggest not telling yourself you're depriving yourself at all. That's just torture! I'm really looking forward to sleeping better and having more energy.

Add me as a friend if you'd like to support each other. We can do this!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    hell no. im not giving up booze. Im a grownup!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Just waiting for the booze from NYE to leave my body then I will decide.
  • Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I started my new regime yesterday, I am starting off with no booze in January and see how it goes, I'm hoping it will make a difference, feel free to add me and we can see how much it helps!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a booze free January as a break, and hopefully to kick start a few more pounds coming off.
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can't give up booze, until I am preggers of course. I like the taste of it. However I am going to try to limit my self to not drinking every weekend and not drinking more than 3 or 4. I'll try and steer clear of binging, like the 12 I had NYE......
  • stretch66981
    Options
    I drink 2 drinks a day, mosley wine, but this will not help me lose weight.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Everyone can keep one treat or another. Just make sure you log it and that it fits into your calorie intake. I highly recommend quitting it, though...
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    hell no. im not giving up booze. Im a grownup!

Hahaha me too!!!! I dont even track em they dont count :-)
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 60 lbs since July and I still drink. My hubby and I drink alot of craft beer. SO I will drink 2 6 oz beers instead of one 12 oz. Or I will do diet cranberry with vodka etc, I just count it in my calories...

Good Luck!
  • raylener
    raylener Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So nobody thinks that wine is better than beer?
    I am to quitting booze. I don't think a 32 oz of beer every night or every other night is good for me! :/
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I'm starting slow with the no drinking. One alcoholic beverage per week for the month of January. After that, I will re-eval whether I want to continue with my one a week or whether I can add 2-3 a week.

I just have a big goal for January, and I dink way too many of my calories in wine and craft beer.
  • noisemaker
    Options
    All things in moderation ... I've cut back on my during the week drinking and tend to only have alcohol on the weekends. Since I've done a LOT of indulging over the Holidays, I'm not drinking for 10 days. I'll toast to your heath come January 12th!!
  • mellymclaughlin
    Options
    Last year I gave up booze for a month and dropped 6lbs and I wasn't really watching what I was eating or exercising much.

I am going dry again this month but while also being more careful about food and if I can motivate myself, exercising at least 6 days a week as well.

Not sure if I will last.....we'll see!!

Good luck to everybody who is giving up the pop.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Giving up booze? ummm nope, noway, nohow!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yep... I am trying it, as well. We will see how it goes.... I am allowing two nights where I have post Christmas parties to indulge. But other than than, I am going to give it up. I averaged about two to three glasses of wine most evenings.... so I am really hoping by giving it up I will fall off of the plateau I am on! Feel free to friend me!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    ALL THE BOOZE!!

Eta: here's a group where we balance drinking with losing weight, getting fit, etc.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/832009-like-minded-lushes-january-2013
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I cut back because I wanted the calories for food instead---and then I just ended up quitting all together. I don't even miss it. I don't miss waking up feeling like crap, wasting a day feeling hungover, wondering what stupid things I said or did the night before, or eating crap foods the next day.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    if it is clear it counts as water