how much is your Christmas weight gain

Options

Replies

• TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Plus 2 lbs day after Christmas. The 2 lbs are gone as of today. I'm happy. :happy:
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Gained 6 lbs by Christmas (the sucker shows too!). Just lost a lb that I'll probably gain back this weekend :)

:drinker:

My workout calendar for the next few months hurts just to look at.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    3.6 lb weight gain since 12/12/12
  • apching
    apching Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haven't had my Friday weigh in yet - but I'd managed to put 4 pounds on on the run up and 2 pounds last week - so that's 6 pounds. I'm OK with that though TBH, it's been nice to have a bit of time off from thinking about the calories and enjoying the festivities. It's tough to count the calories with so much food around and visiting family etc.

You know what though, it's better than before. Because in the past I've been a "New Year's resolution" dieter after the Christmas excess.... this time I started and started properly in August with a proper exercise and eating regime/lifestyle and I shifted 40+ pounds, so I know I can shed the 6 pounds and then get to my target weight soon enough. Best of all, because I'm nearer my target weight than I have been in previous years and have enjoyed catching up with friends and family who I haven't seen for a while telling me how well I looked, that I'm now more determined than ever to get to my target...

So - yes Christmas is a convenient excuse, but for those of you who have been successfully losing the weight up to now - look back fondly at the fun Christmas you've had, don't dwell on the numbers... the test of your metal is whether you get back into the swing of it or use the Christmas excuse for losing heart and not shifting it....here's to 2013!!

PS Of course the real trick is avoiding all of the leftover biscuits, cakes, party food, beers etc. etc. ! ;)
  • 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've not weighed for 2 weeks as Christmas for me last 2 weeks, just weighed this morning and gained 10lbs which I must say was expected. Now back on track and back to it!!!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    +5 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I wasn't on MFP then. Actually, the +5 lbs was a big factor in my joining MFP!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm up 3lbs...

I basically didn't exercise for a week and a half, and ate whatever the heck I wanted, so I definitely deserve that 3lb gain! LOL

Back at it today...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I refuse to get on the scale until Saturday morning....giving myself three more days to level-out and see where I am. Although I can tell that most of my gain is water weight from NYE (drinking and eating high sodium food)
  • danevz22
    Options
    I braved the scales today, I'm 4lbs up since I last got weighed, which was 2 weeks ago. Considering I've ate like a King (or pig) had numerous takeaways, sweets, chocolate etc, squeezed my Birthday in as well as Christmas, and only went to the gym twice, I'm quite pleased, I think I convinced myself I was going to be a stone / 14 pounds heavier.

Hopefull next week I'll be at 147 pounds and can crack on. Sometimes is good to put a few lbs on to see where you went wrong.
  • bcumak
    bcumak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 lb the week between Christmas and New Years which is shocking since I ate a lot (although nothing like I used to at the holidays), was drinking and since I was out of town I could not hit the gym. I joined MFP after Thanksgiving and have lost a total of 8 lbs in that time. I usually put on a few pounds, so I am so excited that I am sticking to my numbers and exercising. Felt great to get back to the gym today!
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    4 pounds :((((
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    2.4 pounds... and I'll f'ing take it!!!! :drinker:
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself this morning for the first time in 3 weeks, following 2 work Christmas functions, Christmas and a lot of wine (not to mention the emotional eating after a breakup).

Zero effect on my weight! So happy with that!!!
  • kikislimsdown
    kikislimsdown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    4.6 lbs. Not worried. I am grinding this week and about to do a detox soon.
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    4 lbs
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    3 lbs. pretty good since I didn't hold back at all
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    About 10 lbs since thanksgiving... holy crap I have a lot of excuses too... let me tell you...
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 6 pounds from the beginning of December. I only got serious again in October, so I'm sure I'm in the honeymoon period. Check me next year! :wink:
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Was up 5 pounds yesterday, down one already today, so I'm hopeful the quick gain will be a quick loss.