how does everyone kick the cravings for sweets?

Options
I am a serious chocoholic and if i have even one piece its like i cant stop! i mostly get my chocolate cravings at night before bed. what do y'all do to kick the cravings?

Replies

• cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    hot tea. i like sleepytyme (it's caffeine free). also, popsicles. :)
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I find tea helps. Especially the sweeter ones like red berry. I used to just make sure I had enough calories left to have a treat after dinner but then I ended feeling like I NEEDED something every night so I try not to do it too regularly (1-3 times a week rather than everyday). Maybe if you struggle through and break the habbit it'll get easier?
  • Sweetmaddie4u60
    Options
    my issue is i NEED chocolate lol
  • Dazsbabe
    Options
    Suck a boiled sweet instead, Im a chocoholic and will eat 2 mini rolls every time i have a cup of tea. I find a boiled sweet does it :)
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Hot chocoloate. Or they have 100 calorie chocolate bars, so you can get your fix but not go overboard.
  • ThinGalInside
    Options
    I get Toll House cookie dough and have to bake a cookie to get my chocolate. I don't keep any other chocolate in the house except Ghirardelli hot chocolate mix. Works for me as I have to do something specific to get my chocolate.
  • jammiemd
    jammiemd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Special K makes a chocolate cereal now...you can have that with some Silk (milk) and its good. They also say to eat a small piece of dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is actually good for you and it will curve your cravings. I remember reading something about eating dark chocolate with a high cocoa percentage being a good way to curve cravings...
  • Sweetmaddie4u60
    Options
    thanks for all the advice!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds silly, but if I am short on calories for the day..... Weight Watchers ice cream bars... the snack size fudge are 45 cal a piece. The strawberry smoothie bars are 60 a piece, and the Giant Latte bars are 90 a piece.

MMMM! Sweet and it hits the spot.
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    swiss miss diet hot chocolate mixed with hot water. 25 calories an envelope.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, OP.

I've found that once I start eating chocolate or sweets, I literally cannot stop and I crave them all the time. I've decided to just stop eating them all together until I can control myself a little more. Maybe you should do the same? Or find some healthy substitutes... oven baked strawberries taste like candy! Or maybe melt some dark chocolate over strawberries, kiwi, or half a banana.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Suck a boiled sweet instead, Im a chocoholic and will eat 2 mini rolls every time i have a cup of tea. I find a boiled sweet does it :)

Um... not to sound dumb, but what is a boiled sweet??
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i get a bag of chocolate chips and I let myself have one table spoon.....but I eat them individually and let them melt on my tongue...so it lasts longer
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Stop each day and buy 1 single, small piece of chocolate to consume during the evening. Don't keep quantities in the house.
  • armstrong71
    armstrong71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    eat fiber one bars .....90 calories
  • STAYSEAH
    STAYSEAH Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Takes some getting used to, but raw cocoa powder in hot water.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Um... not to sound dumb, but what is a boiled sweet??

that was my question too...
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    may sound extremist, but abstinence. If I allow myself to eat sweets, even just every once in a while, I crave them all the time. But if I just cut all candy and chocolate and junk completely out, I have absolutely no desire to eat it :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I started buying sugar free chocolate. I still have to watch the carbs, but with no sugar its a nice treat once in a while.

The only way I was able to kick the cravings when I first started losing weight was go off the sugar cold turkey for a month. It worked. Now I dont crave it anymore.....just enjoy the occasional treat when I can work it in.
  • JamietheWay
    Options
    I love dark chocolate. and i keep a few of the individually wrapped ones around and only have one or two a day. But, I savor it and usually have it was a few almonds or brazil nuts. It doesn't much in calories and it is super satisfying. Eat them slow and really taste them, thats the trick. As an added bonus I usually drink a lot of water when i have chocolate. Good Luck,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!