You can tell you're counting calories when...

Options
serenalesley
serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
You regard the bun that your chicken arrived is in as an 'indulgence'.

Your wine glass has ml and oz measurements Sharpie'd onto it.

You've had chocolate in your fridge for months that you can't quite bring yourself to 'spend' your calories on.

Your tastes have changed so much that you crave coleslaw more than fries.

You run up and down the stairs twice to get fitbit to give you enough calories to eat that last mince pie.

Your Pinterest 'Food and Drink' board is the stuff of dreams and fantasies.

Replies

• Notasufi
    Options
    I'm confused.

You say you have "chocolate in your fridge for months that you can't quite bring yourself to 'spend' your calories on."

What is this concept?
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options

You run up and down the stairs twice to get fitbit to give you enough calories to eat that last mince pie.

HA! This!!
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    NO!! Don't serve me! I'll serve myself! *takes out measuring cups*
  • serenalesley
    Options
    NO!! Don't serve me! I'll serve myself! *takes out measuring cups*

Yes, totally this!! ^_^

Also:

Your boyfriend appears at the doorway, says, 'Hmm, one floor left, I'll just be a moment.' and walks upstairs.

Then comes back down and takes out his Fitbit Ultra, complains that it didn't register and tells it to 'Give me that blo*dy floor, you b*stard'.

Yes, this actually just happened.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Lol! Love it!! Love it!! My sister got me a 2 lb snicker bar for Christmas, it's a best, I was dying to open it, so i did last night, had a small sliver, now i tell myself that it had to stay in the fridge till " that time of month"!! And the "measuring itt yourself with the measuring cups" i do that too
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

You say you have "chocolate in your fridge for months that you can't quite bring yourself to 'spend' your calories on."

What is this concept?

You still have chocolate? GIMME
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You count everything you eat. I had to laugh at myself while counting crakcers last night!
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    when you feel sad and hungry all the time and look at ur food scale with contempt
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It takes you 30 min longer to grocery shop because you're looking at every label.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    When you have five sets of measuring spoons but there never seems to be a clean tablespoon! (Seriously, it's my most used measuring device!)
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    - It takes you an extra half-hour or so to do your weekly grocery shopping because you read the label (or compare labels) on everything you haven't purchased before.

- Meal planning involves a compass, a TI-80 graphic calculator, an Excel spreadsheet, and an astronomy chart
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    When you see a new product the first thing you do is look at calories and gram of protein before buying it
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It takes you 30 min longer to grocery shop because you're looking at every label.

Jinx! :-D
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

What is this concept?

OMG this! I think I collect food. My mom knows I like gummie bears and swedish fish. I have some bags from September!!
    I have chocolate in the fridge that I really don't like so am waiting to take them to a family member. Not worth eating them, I'll eat what I really like lol
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Counting every nut instead of counting the handfuls.
  • serenalesley
    Options
    when you feel sad and hungry all the time and look at ur food scale with contempt

Aw no, don't do that! Only people who are eating the wrong things or too few calories do that, in which case you're doing it wrong!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    When you innocently ask your friend, "what's the recipe for this? Did you use butter?"

Love the sharpie on wine glass idea!
  • eandrsmom
    eandrsmom Posts: 119
    Options

Your wine glass has ml and oz measurements Sharpie'd onto it.

That made me laugh so hard that I spit out my mouthful of wine and wasted a good 10 mL!!!!! Golden!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    You allow yourself some toast as a treat. It puts you just over your calories for the day, but it's ok this once. You've had a hard week, after all. :|
  • serenalesley
    Options
    - It takes you an extra half-hour or so to do your weekly grocery shopping because you read the label (or compare labels) on everything you haven't purchased before.

- Meal planning involves a compass, a TI-80 graphic calculator, an Excel spreadsheet, and an astronomy chart

Actual LOL! :D