You can tell you're counting calories when...

Options

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    you purposely add more calories to your food entries on MFP (just in case),
    .... so you won't be tempted to "go over" :drinker:
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    When you finish eating and your plate is as clean as when you started.

When you use your finger to pick up every crumb.
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you snack on frozen peas because you know anything else 'nibbly' that you want to eat will put you over your calorie allowance

the guilty feeling from drinking alcohol is even stronger because you know that you not only have a hangover, you've gone well over your calories for the day (which day?) and it also made you buy chinese take out, which confuses you about which day to log it one because you had it at 2am . . .

peanut butter is your enemy. THAT many cals in ONE tablespoon!!

you eat less if you know you're going to splurge later on

you wonder how trim people who don't count calories stay in shape. what witchcraft is this?

You're on MFP every day ;)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    When you have five sets of measuring spoons but there never seems to be a clean tablespoon! (Seriously, it's my most used measuring device!)
    - Meal planning involves a compass, a TI-80 graphic calculator, an Excel spreadsheet, and an astronomy chart

These.
  • meem548
    meem548 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

peanut butter is your enemy. THAT many cals in ONE tablespoon!!

Owwwh don't tell me that! Peanut butter on toast is AWESOME! :love:
  • Dpade1337
    Options
    I do this! My boyfriend says "Oh, your calories look high" and I think "that's good, I'm not getting extra!"
  • Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This whole thread had me laughing hysterically. I tried to share some of the highlights with my husband but he just looked at me like I was crazy...
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    ...you have your phone out and ready to scan barcodes to check the nutritional info when you shop (I use my phone so I can READ the info without going cross-eyed as it is sooooo tiny)..

...the MFP app is on your front start up page of your phone..

...you do a mental calculation of the the calories on the fruit plate for your children as you make it...

...you look at the chocolate bar and realize you can have half an orange, six strawberries, a kiwi fruit and 12 cherries instead...
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You refuse to eat ANYTHING homemade not prepared by yourself :noway: some people get offended but.... Oh well
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    you purposely add more calories to your food entries on MFP (just in case),
    .... so you won't be tempted to "go over" :drinker:

This is me!!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    NO!! Don't serve me! I'll serve myself! *takes out measuring cups*

hahahahaha! My Fiance complains about this ALL the time! He goes "I'd serve you, but you've gotta get your cups and spoons out first!" Hahahahahaha! :laugh:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread !
    Hubby measures all my fruits and yogurt in my smoothie and gives me a post-it with info.
    Took my food scale and measuring cups and spoons on vaction (and of course my magic bullet).
    Keep a tablespoon on my keychain for creamer measurements at Wawa.
    Take my to go bowls when we go out to eat and portion a few meals out of it.
    Have 3 different sets of measuring cups and two sets of measuring spoons.
    Oh the list could go on :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Also sometimes when I am going out to dinner, if I know where then I will check the menu in advance to see what they have and what I want and to be prepared to make a good choice. So, when we get to the restaurant I often know what I want before looking at the menu or after a quick look, even if I've never been there. My husband says, "Wow, you always know so much about the restaurants".
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    ..you see a new food at the grocery store so you pick it up and turn it around and say "*kitten*, 150 calories, FORGET IT" and put it back. Or when you measure something out with your tablespoon and scrape every last bit out with your finger.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You get on mfp to log your food

Prep your food the night before, for the following day in measured portions

You eat half your lunch in the am then the other half for a late lunch

You pass up the office candy going around bus it s not worth the calories
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options

You run up and down the stairs twice to get fitbit to give you enough calories to eat that last mince pie.

HA! This!!
    +1
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    The husband is taking his turn cooking, and presents your plate of food along with a sticky note with all ingredient amounts written down.
    :love:
    Now, that's romance.

Now, all you gotta do is get him to track them for you! & he'll be perfect.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You log the ice cream you got for later so you know how many calories to burn during your workout. But you don't work out enough so you skip the ice cream :sad:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Your coffee is black.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    when you have all the nutritional pages for McDonalds, Subway etc...bookmarked for those days you know you are going to be eating out and quick... looking for the low cal, low sodium meal.