Would really like some high protein lunch ideas please!

Options

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas and receipes here people, thanks very much!
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    good ideas, thanks :)
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here! A few of mine are --

--Bean burrito -- one tortilla, 1/2 cup beans (black, white, pinto, whatever,) .5 ounces cheese, salsa -- You can freeze these wrapped in a paper towel and just pop in the microwave when needed. I also like them baked 350 degrees for around 10 mins--adds a little crunch.

--Quesadillas (this is if you are at home with stove-top, so you might use for a quick dinner as well) -- I have a mixture or frozen onions, peppers, mushrooms in my freezer, which I use regularly with eggs or these quesadillas. Take a few tablespoons of veggies and cook until tender. Remove from pan. Add 1/2 tsp oil and warm. Add one tortilla, the veggies you just cooked, 1/4 cup beans (I've used black or chick peas, you could try to use more, but they fall out of quesadilla), .5 ounces cheese. Fold over quesadilla and cook/flip until browned/crisp on both sides. These have become a favorite! You can also make these with some salsa or another protein like chicken.

Just wanted to share two of my "go tos."
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I recently found on Pinterest that you can make Hard Boiled Eggs in the oven. Put eggs in a muffin pan - one egg per hole - and bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes. Then make egg salad using yogurt. So easy!

I also like low-fat cottage cheese and mandarin oranges (no sugar added).

So many wonderful ideas!
  • TinySal
    TinySal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love the recipe for turkey loaves
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • foss44
    foss44 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    - beans on toast

- chickpea dahl, tofu, tomato, bell pepper salad with sprinkled sunflower seeds

- lean lunch meat with no nitrates (e.g. roast chicken/turkey) wrap with veggies and super low fat cheese

- slow cook any protein of your choosing with some veg and spices, and put in a wrap like a burrito or taco

- egg salad
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's the secret. High protein breakfast does it for me. Sometimes I forget to each lunch.
  • caperam
    caperam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mburlina86
    Options
    I am new to MFP, what does BUMP mean?? Thanks!! :smile:
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a grilled chicken breast topped with grilled mushrooms, sliced roma tomatoes, avocado and feta. Awesome lunch and lots of protein. Sometimes I'll leave off the tomato and do swiss instead of feta. I don't have it very often, but when I do it's a treat!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I usually have a chaboni Greek yogurt (14gr protein) with 15 gr. of trail mix ... Yum and filling !
  • codexica
    codexica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I buy the pack of three romaine hearts from the store (usually gets me six salads, I make one for my husband as well). I cook up a few chicken breasts and chop them up. Add scallion, cherry tomatoes and reduced fat feta.

To cut down on sodium (becuase there is quite a bit in the cheese) I make my own dressing. It is really easy (and I have a small salad dressing carafe I keep it in all week). I just throw all ingredients in a jar and it keeps for up to two weeks in the fridge. I use 2 TBS of the dressing for 99 calories.

2 teaspoons chopped garlic
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 cup wine vinegar (red or white)
    1 cup extra virgin olive oil

Honestly, this salad is SO good that I never, ever get tired of it.

That dressing sounds delicious! Thanks for the idea.
  • sf11128
    sf11128 Posts: 1
    Options
    Today I had 2 tbsp of Roasted Red Pepper Hummas, a Tuna Salad Sandwhich 100 calorie ready pack, cucumber slices, and an Artisan Foldit Flatbread (Flatout). I made it all into a flatbread sandwhich and it was excellent, 30g of Protein and 250 calories. I too need a break from all the salads from time to time.
  • aly_ba_ba
    Options
    bump for later ideas
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the replies so sorry if these are duplicates: Also not sure if you are too concerned with fat.

Egg salad made with greek yogurt

Apple and natural peanut butter

cottage cheese with fruit

fat free plain greek yogurt with fresh strawberries or blueberries

Cheese and turkey roll ups
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options