You can tell you're counting calories when...

Options

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You slapped your guys hand when he grabbed a handfull of your carefully measured popcorn on movie night...

Your guy gives you a WTF look when your meat portion is less than half the size of his...

Dinner guests give you a funny look when your plate is mounded with steamed vegies and everyone else is eatting lasagna...

Your freezer is full of home prepared "TV dinners"...
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    When u go to karaoke and the bar serves peanuts in the shell. And you look it up, a serving is 32 "peas." So u make yourself a little pile on a napkin, careful to choose exactly 16 shells with 2 peas per shell. Your fiance helps himself to one of yours and you say HEY I ALREADY COUNTED AND LOGGED THAT! He thinks you are unhinged so he replaces it with one from the basket and you say NOT THAT ONE! IT HAS 3 PEAS IN IT!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My fave measuring spoon was a 2-TB Starbucks spoon that I dont even know how I came across. But I had gotten in the habit of washing it directly after use because it was so handy. When I saw some the same size at the dollar store I bought several. I use 2 tb of lots of stuff like dressings, toppings, cheese, etc so it's nice to have a scoop rather than measuring out a tablespoon twice.

Sometimes I eat out of measuring cups. Why waste a bowl?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have become the Rain Man of calories. I'm sure I've become obnoxious to my family because I tell them the calories in just about everything in the house.

Oh, and counting out portions of snacks. Pretzels, chips, etc.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When you finish eating and your plate is as clean as when you started.

When you use your finger to pick up every crumb.

Ha! I do this to. If it's logged, dang it, I want it all!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

You say you have "chocolate in your fridge for months that you can't quite bring yourself to 'spend' your calories on."

What is this concept?
    Yeah, I don't get it either!
  • Mslibb
    Mslibb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You email Burger King for the nutritional information of the Bomb Burger you just saw on the telly, because you can't find it on their website.

And then wait more than a day for the reply before you decide whether to to go and buy one or not...

(Yes, I did this :blushing: But it worked - I no longer wanted it when I found out the calories!)
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    When you finish eating and your plate is as clean as when you started.

When you use your finger to pick up every crumb.

Ha! I do this to. If it's logged, dang it, I want it all!

Yes!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    When u go to karaoke and the bar serves peanuts in the shell. And you look it up, a serving is 32 "peas." So u make yourself a little pile on a napkin, careful to choose exactly 16 shells with 2 peas per shell. Your fiance helps himself to one of yours and you say HEY I ALREADY COUNTED AND LOGGED THAT! He thinks you are unhinged so he replaces it with one from the basket and you say NOT THAT ONE! IT HAS 3 PEAS IN IT!

LMAO!
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Your coffee is black.

and unsweetened
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    LOL. True story.
    - It takes you an extra half-hour or so to do your weekly grocery shopping because you read the label (or compare labels) on everything you haven't purchased before.

- Meal planning involves a compass, a TI-80 graphic calculator, an Excel spreadsheet, and an astronomy chart

Actual LOL! :D
  • Shannonk507
    Options
    iI takes you a half hour to make a sandwich as you are weighing and recording everything.....
  • Shannonk507
    Options
    You email Burger King for the nutritional information of the Bomb Burger you just saw on the telly, because you can't find it on their website.

And then wait more than a day for the reply before you decide whether to to go and buy one or not...

(Yes, I did this :blushing: But it worked - I no longer wanted it when I found out the calories!)

This sounds good! So, share the info., please, so I can nix it from my "To Eat" list.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    All very funny and true.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You choose to workout instead of revise for upcoming exams (e.g. in 3/4 days) because you went over your calorie limit...

...I did this tonight - felt good about the workout but guilty for not revising...so it evens out I guess :tongue:
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    When you drop your spoon and in front of everyone your friend dives to pick it up and says "quick lick it! You already ****ed the calories!":blushing:
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When grocery shopping when you can´t decide, you pick your yoghurt not because you prefer strawberry flavor to vanilla, but because it has 2kcals less.

You get more than just annoyed when you ask for a granola bar and you get a nut bar instead. When asked what´s the difference your answer is "half of the calorie content".
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    You know the exact calorie count for at least two different meals on the menu at every restaurant in a 5 mile radius of home or office... by heart
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The husband is taking his turn cooking, and presents your plate of food along with a sticky note with all ingredient amounts written down.
    :love:
    Now, that's romance.

OMG, mine did that too. Morroccan chicken with butternut squash and broccoli.
  • av0cad0
    av0cad0 Posts: 20
    Options
    You don't want anyone to touch or ruin your serving size ..