The most polite insult you've recieved? redone

Options

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I got called a maneater by some of my friends. I turned to my ex and asked what they thought. The reply was, 'More of a people-eater really.' Mind you the ex in question was a woman. :blushing:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I get called manwhore a lot :laugh:

That's a compliment surely?
  • akrepel85
    Options
    Mine is from my mother, who in her defense just doesn't get it.

You're doing really good, and looking great but you still need to lose if you want to get a guy.

Errr... thanks for the support??
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Upon losing 60lbs & reaching my goal weight - "you're starting to look decent."
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    You have such a pretty face (read - your body is a disaster)
  • _Xtine
    _Xtine Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    “You are so pretty, too bad about the weight.” I was 40lbs lighter than I am now. Gah!!

After a super short pixie cut: “Love your hair; I could never get away with that.”

“It’s okay, you’ve had twins.” I weighed the same these past 10-years or so. ;)

Stranger in the store…“I’ve always liked women with big butts.” I moved away quickly.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    and, even if a guy is trying to be polite, this happened last week at work. "Excuse me Ma'am." Do I look like I am old enough to be called Ma'am?!

In some places any adult, even one who's in late teens will be addressed by strangers as ma'am or sir. It is polite.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I get called manwhore a lot :laugh:

That's a compliment surely?

Exactly, but people seem to think its a negative...
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I dont know why, but i love being called maam. i think its sexy for some reason. second the rude thing.. my aunt got gastric (not for me me but it works for others so its all g) and she lost about 80-100 pounds and last time i saw her she said " oh josie pretty soon youll look just like me!" something along those lines. thing is.. she lost the weight so rapidly with no exercise and she is NOT fit. also she aged about 20 years, her face just fell and its bat wing city.. i just stayed quiet. but thought. yeah.. no thats never gonna happen. im just going to be eating right and working hard. no way do i EVER wanna look like you in anyway, even if it would be cool to hanglide with my own skin.
  • kai47
    kai47 Posts: 39
    Options
    "You're much more beautiful than I remember"
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Visited some friends in India and one of the family members wife had recently had a baby. They wanted me to travel there to visit the baby and were so disapointed that I couldn't fit it in to my schedule because "... she's like you you will love her". When i saw a picture of one of the chubbiest babies I had seen. :tongue: They care very much for me it was said with the utmost affection but still. Heh
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    How about a nickname of a "fatty" from a friend (actually I didn't mind it - can you believe that?) and after I had lost some weight, "we need to change her hair style now"!

Now that I think of it, it was not even a polite but more like a blatant insult.
  • ChinniP
    Options
    And not weight related but work related - walking out of a meeting in which I made some strong points and got my way a colleague said to me "I wish i was a ***** like you!" :) Thank you?
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Aren't all weight loss compliments somewhat of an insult! I mean they are insulting how you looked before lol.
    I got, 'wow you have lost a TON of weight' ...really people a ton? try 40 pounds not 2000!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    At my wedding, in front of all the people who are important to my wife and I, my mothers speech included this gem; "Your sisters and I thought you'd be in jail by now.
    Nice.
  • ChinniP
    Options
    At my wedding, in front of all the people who are important to my wife and I, my mothers speech included this gem; "Your sisters and I thought you'd be in jail by now.
    Nice.

Oh that's precious!
  • ChinniP
    Options
    Aren't all weight loss compliments somewhat of an insult! I mean they are insulting how you looked before lol.
    I got, 'wow you have lost a TON of weight' ...really people a ton? try 40 pounds not 2000!

Yes i agree with that. I had lost a lot of weight before (unfortunately I found it again). But I really hated those comments. Compliment me on my effort, my determination, my health but tell me i look so much better like I was ugly before. ack!
  • suzcain
    suzcain Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Before I lost the weight and was still a chunky monkey, several times I heard people say when seeing a pic of me in my 20's when I was skinny: "Wow! You were so beautiful! It doesn't even look like you!" Um. Thanks?
  • ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    Me : Wow, Adele!! Omg you were soooo skinny....... I hope youll look like that after you lose some weight.....Well, uh. What do I look like now?
  • xxXAngel1Xxx
    Options
    Your such a skinny elephant!!

LOL....