The most polite insult you've recieved? redone

Options

Replies

• MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I had just recently gained about 30 pounds... I was at an event and while there got friendly with a guy that I instantly got a massive crush on. Later in the day I spotted him from across the room, our eyes met, and we both smiled broadly. I walked toward him and he said, "you know, you don't walk like a fat person at all... you're very graceful". Now, I know he meant that as a compliment (we even dated for a few months so I know my weight didn't put him off... I ended up losing it all fairly quickly). I was so taken aback by his comment that I had to laugh or I probably would have cried. I try very hard not to take offense when someone it TRULY trying to say something positive even if it does sound like an insult. I try to listen for intent rather than content!
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think you would be great on the biggest loser

Yes! Someone told me DH and I should have been on the biggest loser! Umm thanks, I know I've lost a lot but I didn't start at 500 pounds...
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I always got "You look so ... Mature!" I never realized that was slang for old/fat. I was 25 at the time and the woman thought my husband (who's fit and 4years older) was MUCH younger. Ugh.
    And while I'm still in my 20's I hate being called Maám!
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you lost weight, you would be soooo hot!
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    If you lost weight, you would be soooo hot!

:grumble: Oh I HATE that one!!

"I saw this REALLY cute outfit that would look great on you, but you'd have to lose 15lbs..." Really??? :huh:
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    The cab driver once asked me "How many kids do you have?" Err I'm still single without a child, do I look like I have kids? :grumble:

I had a customer ask me if my co-worker was my son.... We're the same age.
    ow.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    You look godd . . . now. (Made me wonder - oh so in other words, when I was a little bigger, I was an ogre?) Was nice to hear but makes you think you know.
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    years ago I was shopping with my best mate. just looking through the windows at the mall. she used to be about my size, then had a thyroid problem and lost a lot of weight. so we go into a store so she can look at a dress, and the sales person walks up to us, looks at me, then her, and says to her, is there anything you'd like to try one, and ignored me the whole time.
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    I made soup the other day and posted pics on face book. last night I got a comment from my best mates bro, and he's my big brother too, "looks like puke but I bet it's nummy since you made it"

gee, thanks dan
  • jdoll789
    Options
    I got the "You carry your weight well" a couple of times the one I hate....

"You are so pretty..... (happy face) for a big girl (sad Face)" lol

why can't i just be pretty... period. lol
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Pretty much just call anyone over the age of 14 ma'am. Just how I was raised, and well the army probably had something to do with that too.

Just had a friend tell me "you look like a real person now"
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I got: "You're pretty cute for a Mexican..bc some Mexicans aren't that cute..but you are" :noway:
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    I've gotten the " you have a nice face" before.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You're glowing! (Belly rubs) When are you due?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I got: "You're pretty cute for a Mexican..bc some Mexicans aren't that cute..but you are" :noway:

Whaa...?
  • pandasurprise
    pandasurprise Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I went to a spinning class with my sister last year. The instructor was super hardcore and kicked our butts. The class was really hard and everyone was drenched in sweat by the end. The instructor pulled me aside at the end of the class and said "when you walked in I didn't think you would make it through the class but you worked really hard and did great!"

I know it's not really an insult but I still went home and cried. Hey instructor dude, just keep with the second part! I don't need a reminder of how fat I am...
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    The instructor pulled me aside at the end of the class and said "when you walked in I didn't think you would make it through the class but you worked really hard and did great!"

I know it's not really an insult but I still went home and cried. Hey instructor dude, just keep with the second part! I don't need a reminder of how fat I am...

I know! why do they have to be ****s?
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You are very pretty to be a black (dark) girl
    black guys have said this to me
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    You're glowing! (Belly rubs) When are you due?

Got that once :laugh:
  • Chelseaax
    Chelseaax Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You would be so hot if you got some muscle tone.