I shot the sheriff (smoking pot/fitness, can you do it?)

Options

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Every acquainted person I know smokes weed has a major streak of loser.
    It could be isolated in this community.
    I suppose it can make a guy feel good and all, but again, all I ever had to do was look at a dope smoker, and that's all it took.
    Count me OUT!

not every "dope" smoker is a loser. i know a lot of people who are upstanding citzens, hold down jobs, give back to society. they just like to relax at the end of the day. its better than drinking a few beers. weed doesnt do a lot of harm, and it does a lot of good. of the people i know, in my community, most use it for medicinal reasons. i use for medicinal reason, and i use to relax and have a good time. i'm not a loser.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Let's smoke some weed and go to the gym! -No one ever

I'm not a smoker, but I've got a lot of friends who smoke and go to the gym, go for a run, ski, etc.

Not all strains turn you into a Doritos eating couch potato. I've been out-fitnessed by a few of my smoking friends.

I also live in Vancouver, BC ... So it could just be my location.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    A lot of fit people people smoke or smoked weed. Arnold, Michael Phelps, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, 60% of the NBA, etc. I guess enjoying smoking it doesn't automatically make you an out of shape loser, but for most people, it probably doesn't help
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Amen, Clyde. I smoked for a while help with anxiety attacks. Only thing I'd say is that it made me more apt to giggle fits (I seem to get really energized instead of wanting to veg out and eat).
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    It can be done but like others said it just takes willpower to not go into that couch lock mode lol

Speaking from experience huh? :D
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    munchies = bad for fitness

This!!:happy:

Although if you get a laughing fit, I wonder if it counts towards cardio.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    can't imagin' doing the whole gym thing and getting a decent workout while high, and the obvious munchies, portion control would be out the window.
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Luckily I live in the Netherlands

tumblr_mg69nw0LfD1qel0vxo1_500.jpg

No, just kidding. I do not smoke weed. I do smoke sigarettes, but only when I go out. Which is not that often.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Back when I did such things, I was not in terrific shape. But once I was to the point that I was smoking everyday, I lost weight and did a lot of walking. I think we all have our "help" in life, and those who don't have to use any type of substance (including caffeine) are just lucky. :ohwell:

Edit: I don't smoke anything anymore; I quit cigarettes a year ago, and the other stuff before that. But I don't think it's impossible to get fit because of smoking weed or using anything else.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    vaporizer ftw not that i know what that is..
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Every acquainted person I know smokes weed has a major streak of loser.
    It could be isolated in this community.
    I suppose it can make a guy feel good and all, but again, all I ever had to do was look at a dope smoker, and that's all it took.
    Count me OUT!

not every "dope" smoker is a loser. i know a lot of people who are upstanding citzens, hold down jobs, give back to society. they just like to relax at the end of the day. its better than drinking a few beers. weed doesnt do a lot of harm, and it does a lot of good. of the people i know, in my community, most use it for medicinal reasons. i use for medicinal reason, and i use to relax and have a good time. i'm not a loser.

It's very boring and annoyiing to keep hearing people that smoke weed are losers, what a load of BS.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i smoke weed every day of my life. and as of today, i have lost 40 lbs in less than 3 months. :)

Yeah, but you are 23 and were almost 100 pounds overweight. Maybe you would have figured it out sooner if you weren't smoking?

HARSH! I think 40lbs in 3 months is AMAZING, enjoy your buzz. :drinker:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Oh yes and there's also this for you bulkers out there:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16499939

"Our results suggest that marijuana abuse is considered an endocrine-disrupting factor. Furthermore, these results suggest that the phenolic compounds contained in MSC play a role in its estrogenic effect."
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    Let's smoke some weed and go to the gym! -No one ever

Ahahahahaha.

I find anything "party, fun" hinders for most people. I don't even drink when I'm in 100% fitness mode as it's basically empty calories and makes me feel like *kitten* the next day.

To each his or her own.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i smoke weed every day of my life. and as of today, i have lost 40 lbs in less than 3 months. :)

But it certainly isn't addictive, right? I mean, nothing addictive about it at all...at least that's what I've heard others say about it.

That, and "dude, I think, like, yeah, it should totally be legalized and stuff, because, like, you know, totally for the medicinal properties and stuff, man." (A paraphrase, but disturbingly close to the actual quote, of one of many phone calls I heard on the radio where they were discussing legalization.)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I did way too many stupid, dangerous things that could have (and sometimes did) cause bodily harm to me and/or others when high as a teen, so there is no way I'd toke before going to the gym. I never really understood how people can use downers for elevated activity, though. All I want to do is sit around and laugh at stupid things with good friends (which is mainly why I don't smoke much anymore)
  • tarablyawsum
    tarablyawsum Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Yeah, but you are 23 and were almost 100 pounds overweight. Maybe you would have figured it out sooner if you weren't smoking?

Dont be so rude/mean. we are all on here for some reason or another. dont judge this woman off assumptions. as a matter of a fact, stop judging. period.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    vaporizer ftw not that i know what that is..

:laugh: I second this post. And like everything else, moderation is key. As long as you're not smoking and eating 24 hours a day, you'll be fine!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options

HARSH! I think 40lbs in 3 months is AMAZING, enjoy your buzz. :drinker:

that's what i thought. unnecessarily nasty.
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    Just make some pot butter and use it to cook your chicken with!
This discussion has been closed.