Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the inspiration!
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    How old are you? 47

How much have you lost? 87lbs

How long did it take you to lose the weight (and/or issues/attitudes that kept you overweight/obese)? 6 months

How long have you kept it off? 2 months but still working on improving.

What did you do/are doing to STAY slim and healthy? Staying active through exercising and still logging what I eat. I go through cycles of trying new fitness routines and now I'm trying to drop my body fat percentage which is currently at 13%.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    How old are you? 53
    How much have you lost? 42 lbs

How long did it take you to lose the weight (and/or issues/attitudes that kept you overweight/obese)? about 5 -6 months... my first goal was to lose 35 lbs, but on maintenance I lost another 7

How long have you kept it off? 3-4 months

What did you do/are doing to STAY slim and healthy? logging and weighing every day, sticking to my new fitness plan - adding healthy calories to make up for increase in activity -working on getting to long lean muscles and increasing energy levels - lowering body fat % to be between 18 and 20.

Please do share, okay? okay
  • Noni2863
    Noni2863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A really :drinker: COOL :smokin: Mfper sent me a note with this link on it, and honey...it's encouraging and AMAZING as ALL get-out! Please look at this drop dead gorgeous chick and what she's doing....hmmmp:smooched:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18346128

THANK YOU COOL Mfp pal for sending me this--exactly what the doctor ordered! EVERYONE who is in their 40's, 50's and 60's+
    check this out--major inspiration:love:

Wow! Seriously worth watching.:happy:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow...just WOW! You ALL are so tremendously encouraging--THANK YOU ALL for posting:heart:
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I just happened to post the whole thing earlier today. And its so long, I don't want to take up your whole thread. You can see it here if you like.
    Janet

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/755749-i-am-going-to-quit
  • 7djt
    7djt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great stories! Can't wait to tell mine
  • NganSwift
    NganSwift Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How old am I? 65

How much have you lost? 30 lbs.

How long did it take you to lose the weight? 6 months. I lose 5 pounds a month.

How long have you kept it off? Still losing and I plan to keep losing another 25 or 30 lbs.

What are you doing to stay slim and healthy? I am 5'-2" tall and started at 185. I set a goal of not eating more than 1200 calories a day ( plus whatever extra ones I gain from exercise). It has turned out to be remarkably easy for me. I walk and I walk a lot. I work full-time so I was very much a couch potato before. Now I get out and walk 2-3 miles a day on the weekend (I wear a pedometer and use Nike's Running app) and try to walk a mile or so at lunch 3 times a week. The incentive now is getting into smaller clothes (what a delight!) and seeing my legs get smaller (even better!). I enjoy the walking and I hate exercise! This app really is the very best thing that has happened to me.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

How much have you lost?

50+

How long did it take you to lose the weight (and/or issues/attitudes that kept you overweight/obese)?

9 months

How long have you kept it off?

Still losing

What did you do/are doing to STAY slim and healthy?

Clean eating, tracking calories... exercise. 8-10 glasses of water daily.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Great stories! Can't wait to tell mine

I agree, Me too!
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am currently 43 years old. As of yesterday, I have lost 25 lbs (from 204 to 179). So far, this journey has taken a little over 3 months (began June 21st). The main issue for me has been my addiction to sugar and greasy fast food. I was in a relationship in my early 30s and she loved to bake (and I loved to eat) sweets. Of course, that love of sweets ballooned me to 235 lbs.

I am still losing weight, but my current goal is to lose body fat % (right now it's 19%). I eat a lot healthier and exercise 6 days a week (3 days of lifting and 3 days of treadmill/stationary bike). I am meeting with my trainer/nutritionist this month to change my workout and nutrition plan so I can add more muscle which in turn will burn more fat (perhaps dropping the cardio?).
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • oneheckavagirl
    Options
    Hi! I'm over 65 and just started looking at this web-site. I have two friends in their 40s who are working with this site also. But I'm looking for "how it works" at my age. A week (and two days) ago my husband and I started "doing Atkins". We have loved it because it is mostly the food we gave up in order to get as over-weight as we are. Lack of our essential hormones (estrogen and progesterone) due to age and surgery have been part of the problem. Being more sedentary is another part. We have started walking daily, but not vigorously yet. I'm 5'2" and started at 168, next weigh in a week later was 166.8. That doesn't encourage me too much because I have been dancing between 165 and 170 for the past 5 + years. I would like some suggestions. Don't think we will want to stay with Atkins for the long haul. I liked what you said about picking the diet you can live with. Thanks for a reply. Wasn't it silly to start this just before Christmas? But I figured, when I do face the cookie tree I will be still be ahead of the game.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • oneheckavagirl
    Options
    I appreciate all the stories from the 40 and 50 year olds. I would like to hear from some 60 somethings. Those of you in your 40s and 50s: Bravo! I didn't take my mother's advice seriously. She kept telling me that it is harder to lose as you get older. She was right. I'm now in my mid 60's and trying to get a grip on my health. No big issues. Probably 25 lbs over weight. But my life style is sedentary. I don't expect to get back to my pre-chidlbearing weight. I want to be healthy for where I am now.
  • oneheckavagirl
    Options
    Ah! at last! some one my age! Thank you for posting your story. It is already very close to mine, but I am at the beginning so have not lost the weight. I can't imagine walking as much as you do, but I may have to get there. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking at your posts. Thank you again!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    How old are you? I'm 40 right now, turning 41 in a couple of weeks

How much have you lost? 72 pounds so far, 36 more to goal weight!

How long did it take you to lose the weight? One year

How long have you kept it off? Still dropping

What did you do/are doing to STAY slim and healthy? I no longer overeat, I learned portion control, and I MOVE/exercise daily
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    How old are you? I'm 40 right now, turning 41 in a couple of weeks

How much have you lost? 72 pounds so far, 36 more to goal weight!

How long did it take you to lose the weight? One year

How long have you kept it off? Still dropping

What did you do/are doing to STAY slim and healthy? I no longer overeat, I learned portion control, and I MOVE/exercise daily

Fabulous--I love it, thanks so much for posting and congrats! Woot!!!
  • keelalashandra
    Options
    I just turned 45 in July and I am trying to be 135 . I was never a problem but two babies and life I gained alot of weight. I am really working on it and this is a great tool to use. My current weight is 171.8
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi, 56 years old, have lost 56 pounds since March of this year and still have several pounds to go! Only exercise is walking, due to health issues, but hoping to do more types of exercise soon!!

So motivating to read all the success stories!!! Good luck on your journey everyone!! We're not getting older, we're getting better and healthier!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!