Tried and Tired I GIVE UP

Options

Replies

• susantrigg18
    Options
    Alot of really good & supportive advice offered in this thread...and now I'm going to add my 2 cents worth! Im by no means an expert or authority on this matter, but what I'm doing is working for me :)
    Im only 15 weeks into my lifestyle change & thats what it is...not a diet, which in my opinion, are just quick fixes, sure...you will lose weight when dieting, but inevitably most people gain it back. That is just my opinion & others may & probably will disagree & thats cool, we all have the right to voice our opinions, it would be a boring old world if we all thought alike.

What I've learned so far...
    #1 YOU really have to want this for yourself, not for others.
    #2 YOU have to be in the right headspace to succeed.
    #3 Do not be too hard on yourself...We are all human, if we didn't make mistakes how would we learn not to repeat them?, we are faced with all sorts of temptations & obstacles, the main thing is to acknowledge them when we yield to them & MOVE ON!
    #4 Not letting go of our mistakes uses energy best used in a more positive way. Instead of dwelling on them, let it go!
    #5 It took a long time to gain the weight, so its not going to come off overnight, be patient.
    #6 It will be hard at times & you will be challenged, BUT anything worthwhile requires handwork & effort.
    #7 Do not rely on others for constant support, there are some people out there that will not want you to achieve your goals.
    #8 Celebrate the none scale victories as well as the scale victories.
    #9 MFP is a very important tool for weightloss & a great source of support.
    #10 Be HONEST with logging your food, if you're not, you are fooling yourself.

The fact you have posted this thread suggests you haven't given up & I'm glad you've reached out to MFP people for support.
    I truly wish you all the best & hope that you find the strength to continue.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents is....honey, you have lost 56 sticks of butter off of your azz! That's A LOT! :)
    [/quote]

LMBO!! 2FUNNY..56 STICKS OF BUTTER HUH??
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    What I've learned so far...
    #1 YOU really have to want this for yourself, not for others.

#5 It took a long time to gain the weight, so its not going to come off overnight, be patient.

The fact you have posted this thread suggests you haven't given up & I'm glad you've reached out to MFP people for support.
    I truly wish you all the best & hope that you find the strength to continue.

At first I was cool with the weight loss, then everytime i would see my friends losing more than me, i would get discouraged and wanted it off fast! Today is the first Sunday of a New Year and im ready!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

You're looking at it wrong. You don't "start over". You continue where you left off.

If you were doing well, then you were doing the right things so you should continue. I really cannot see why a few Christmas parties meant suddenly what you were doing is the wrong thing. It just means that you're a few lbs heavier perhaps but if you want it enough, you will continue. Acknowledge you've set yourself back a little. So what? Remain patient and focused and you will win.

It isn't anything to do with God. It's how much you want it. If you have decided to give up, then you clearly didn't want it enough. You choose to give up. You are your enemy. Which is why I love this game. It's about being able to master the self not compete against anyone else.
  • susantrigg18
    Options
    Thats great to hear! As i say...Slow & steady wins the race & another saying i like is....weightloss is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Hey Hun God wants you healthy and happy, if u are not happy then just get back on track, Dont give up, I am new to this and It is hard.. I have gave up regular soda, cigs and fast food to try and get healthy so I can play on the floor with my kids without it hurting my knees.... I have only just begun but if u need support I Am Here to stay keep going, today is a Great day to get back on track... Good Luck and Best Wishes..

I gave up sodas, never smoked, and fastfood..then for a while when i was really "FEELING MYSELF" i gave up bread and rice! Wasn't hard at all. I suffer with migraines and take meds on a daily basis, but since giving up the sodas and all the extras I HAVE NOT TAKEN MY MIGRAINE MEDS for the last 3months or my sleeping meds. Forgot about all that. Thank you for your support]
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    You're looking at it wrong. You don't "start over". You continue where you left off.
    Continue where i left off....you guys are the best folks I NEVER MET!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    W
  • gaynorv
    gaynorv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day, none of us are perfect, come back and keep winning : )
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    That's just how I look at it. I enjoyed myself over the Christmas period. Just ate what I wanted. Took a diet break. You didn't see me being careful with what I ate on Christmas Day. No way. :laugh:

Now I'm back to it, although my goal has changed slightly, but I am still focused on calorie goals and regular, specific exercise to achieve the main goal. :)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    That's a good excuse. God wants you to be the best you can be for your family and in all areas of your life.

There's TRYING and then there's DOING! Get back on the horse NOW and just do it! One day at a time!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    It's New Year - stuff the resolutions - just log your goal NOW as 10% of your body weight and go for it.

Best wishes and GOOD LUCK!

and stuff those who tell you it is "nothing to do with luck, just YOU" [sic] - if it wasn't for luck I wouldn't have the genes I have to battle with.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    If you're starving yourself at 1200 calories a day and working out like a fiend, then yes, it's too hard to continue like that and you will fail for sure. If you're fueling your body, eating appropriately at your BMR, working out and eating back all/some of those calories, you will feel great, have the energy you need and be successful. The support here is amazing and there is so much to learn. Make sure you read the Road Map in the Eat More to Lose Weight discussion topic.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    When you fall into a rut, get fed up, depress and just want to give up, we tend to forget all the great things that we have accomplished. I AM GUILTY ! I forgot that I no longer need to take ambien every night to sleep. I forgot that I haven't refilled my migraine prescription in about 3 months and would go through a bottle of Excedrin in a day and a half. I forgot that I use to drink soda at least a six pack everyday, eat McDonald's, Sonic, Whataburger, Popeye's etc. almost EVERYDAY yes EVERYDAY ! I forgot that I was almost a dialysis patient hospitalized with bad kidneys because I NEVER DRANK WATER! Since I decided to change my eating habits, I no longer need the sleeping meds, the headache meds, I DON'T WANT THE SODAS OR FAST FOOD, i actually drink water lots of it now and I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!! I REALLY DO! I did lose focus and EVERYDAY BATTLES in life got the BEST OF ME, but I THANK ALL OF THE MFP FOLKS for taking the time to send me some words of ENCOURAGEMENT! I FEELS SO GOOD TO KNOW THAT SO MANY PEOPLE CARE.
    Some of us can go on never needing anyone to give a word of support and encouragement, and some of us REALLY NEED TO HEAR SOMEONE SAY ..YOU WILL BE OKAY, YOU CAN DO THIS! I'm not ashamed to say that I'm one that needs to hear it every now and then.
    So again, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS AND NOT SO KIND WORDS(i know no harm was intended)
    I'm not starting over anymore, I'm continuing where I LEFT OFF AT!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I think even the most dedicated person loses their way over the holidays, you just need to start over, I know it is hard but I seem to have started over probably 100 times and I don't plan on giving up I owe it to my kids and family, and myseIf, and I am in hardly any pictures with them and that needs to change
  • gentle511
    Options
    I've tried and tried myself...many times..I am going to try again. WE can do this :)!
  • StefBoss
    StefBoss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a new day. If you fall, just get back up. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing this for you and only you. You can't disapoint yourself, that's just silly. You gave yourself some time off for the Holidays, now it's time to get back on track. You can do it!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

God wants you to be healthy and happy. I don't know about healthy, but you don't sound happy. If you're a little too overwhelmed right now to do this, you know where to find us. Good luck.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    We have all felt this way at one time or another. You haven't failed if you keep trying. While it is awesome and helpful to get support from our family and friends it doesn't always happen. Ultimately it comes down to you and only you. Not having all the support you want around is just one of the many struggles many of us have faced on this journey, and that's why we are here. You always have a choice, good or bad, and in this case healthy or not healthy. Make good choices, not excuses, choose that extra pound this month or the self confidence you will feel instead of that piece of pie, or extra helping of whatever. It isn't easy, there is no quick fix (if there was I would have found it over the last 20+ years!) it really is willpower, determination, eating healthy and moving, oh, and patience (that's the hard one) You got this! Don't give up:noway:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I don't normally do this here, but I thought of this for you:

Hebrews 12:1 (NIV) -
    "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us"

I think this applies to every trial we face in this life. This is your race. Run well.