Tried and Tired I GIVE UP

Options

Replies

• Vsez
    Vsez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all the above. Each day is a new day to start again. You got this mama!
  • amyoc3
    amyoc3 Posts: 18
    Options
    i always say - this journey is a marathon, not a sprint. this is a process that takes time and evolution. you don't eat healthy, lose weight and it's over. it is a constant change of how you are acting and reacting. re-focus on what you need to do NOW- not what you did in the last few weeks. you are still 14#s ahead!
  • crystal3411
    Options
    Don't give up. Start today not tomorrow. You can do it. I started working out sometime ago and lost focus for awhile but I woke up one morning and felt like working out a bit. grant it it took some time to really get focused again but I'm so glad I did cause I feel so much better and so will you. Give it another try and although its nice to hear the way to goes and the you look greats how you feel inside is even better.
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can imagine you wrote your message from a place of frustration and not really what your heart wants. Losing weight is not the challenge for any of us, I personally believe the challenge is getting to a place of acceptance first and formulating the plan to do something about it. Once that has been done, you will get motivated, invigorated, and focused. The holidays are behind you. Plan for today, tomorrow and the next day. This is your journey, your life and your weight to lose. Create a manageable plan for yourself and stick with it. If you fall off, get back up and keep moving. Giving up is never the answer.
  • tsareenaw
    tsareenaw Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

Your slider says 14lbs lost!!!! You've already proven you can do it. i gained over december, I think everyone who wasn't sick gained over december. Today is another day. Start again. :)
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Well, if there is a god isn't the premise given is that we have free will? So it's not a case of god wanting you to be fat or god making you be fat. It's a case of you choosing to be this way. You really do have a say in this. You really do control your own behavior. Your life is not pre-ordained. You have the power and the choice to direct your own life.

You lost your way, ok, so you messed up. Unless you have a time machine you cannot go back and change what you did over the holidays, so keep it in the past. Move forward, starting today! You can do this! Be unwilling to accept defeat. Accept and embrace change. Be willing to change.

EXCELLENT ADVICE! If a person is giving up.....it's their own choice. Don't point the finger at someone/something else.....that's just cowardly and weak. If you are making a decision to give up....then own that decision fully. You have the choice.....it's difficult.....it's not always fun or comfortable.....it's ALL yours.
  • HailieBright
    Options
    keep trying, because you can achieve your goals, whether you think your wrong or correct you are right and someday doesnt exist there is only today
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    You have to want it for yourself. If you rely exclusively on who is not telling you what, you will never be who YOU want to be.

No one once looked at me and said, Hey Robin Im worried about your ballooning weight. No one once looked at me and said, Mom you are embarrassing me - or even Hey mom, you look amazing with the weight you've lost so far. Hubby pays me the compliments when I fish for them, or am feeling depressed.

If you want to look like that image you have of yourself in your heart/mind then you have to do this for YOU. No one else.Tomorrow IS a new day, a new start. You have to just get up, stop feeling sorry for yourself and tell yourself you are worth it. Cause you are.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Sweetie don't give up. I struggled the most this holiday season. But you know what I am not gonna give up I've come too far to do that. Thanksgiving and Christmas were the worst for me cause I ate a lot and it wasn't the best food ever. So just don't give up you can do this just take it one day at a time!!
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump to read and respond to later as your post could have been written by me..... x
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

I just wanted to let you know that I also stopped logging shortly after Thanksgiving. I ate about 4 boxes of chocolates, several large bags of potato chips and tons of other crap! I gained about 5lbs in the process!

I started over on New Year's and I've already lost half of what I'd gained!

You have to keep reminding yourself that this IS NOT A DIET! It's change in the way you live and eat!

Life is meant to be enjoyed, special events should be special! Don't be worried about what you eat during those events. Focus on what you eat from New Year's day to Thanksgiving Day and you can enjoy your holidays, birthdays and anniversarys without too guilt or weight gain!

SO really you are only 6 days into your "reset". Start over today. You have an entire year ahead of you and I promise, next Holiday season will not be so hard on you!
  • 12Lose25
    Options
    You are powerless over what happened yesterday, last month or last year. All you have control over is today, one meal at a time. . . one bite at a time. I reached goal in 2011 after trying for 20 years and made the mistake of thinking that I was no longer a compulsive eater and that I'd never, ever regain a pound. Well, over the last 1-1/2 years, I've put back on 22 pounds. So now I'm back to Overeaters Anonymous to help give me the support and accountability I need to stay on track to reach my goal again. But more importantly to keep it off. "Thanksgiving is just another Thursday" was one thing I told myself. "Do I want a slice of pie more than I want to be proud of myself in the morning?" Ultimately, it's our choice what we put in our mouths or if we choose to exercise or not. Tell yourself when faced with temptation that "I can have it tomorrow if I really want it, but I'm CHOOSING not to have it today!" When tomorrow comes and you've resisted the temptation the day before, you'll be so proud of yourself, you won't want it today! But if you do want it today, tell yourself you can have it tomorrow!

You are where you are...start there and move forward! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • nylphia
    nylphia Posts: 16
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !!!!!!!!

Girl! Hang in there. Look at all this LOVE :love: you have generated! Misery does not love company here! You better believe that! We have all been there done that will do it agian and will not stay there again! Good to have you back on track.:drinker:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hey MOM! Stay focused!!!!!

Hey Hunni!! You look GREAT!!!

There you go, no more excuses :flowerforyou:
  • rush0321
    rush0321 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DOO IT!! This place will give you support to reach your goal! I am so glad for this website! It's one of the three that I am always on! WranglerForum/Facebook/ and here:) GOODLUCK!
  • ladyshills
    Options
    I lost 29 pounds in 2010 & 2011. I then had a "break" which ended up lasting a year & I've gained back 20 pounds. I am back on track as of New Years day & I will NOT do that to myself again. You have lost 14 pounds! That is amazing! If you stop now, I guaranty you will gain that plus some in a year! If I had stayed on track I would have hit my goal by now- instead I have 30 pounds to go. I'm just glad I got myself back on track before I had gained everything I lost back.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Well, if there is a god isn't the premise given is that we have free will? So it's not a case of god wanting you to be fat or god making you be fat. It's a case of you choosing to be this way. You really do have a say in this. You really do control your own behavior. Your life is not pre-ordained. You have the power and the choice to direct your own life.

You lost your way, ok, so you messed up. Unless you have a time machine you cannot go back and change what you did over the holidays, so keep it in the past. Move forward, starting today! You can do this! Be unwilling to accept defeat. Accept and embrace change. Be willing to change.

Beautifully said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options

I'm no so much God person, but if that was true that somehow "God wants you to be whatever', then you would be a complete blob with no limbs or no ability to move or even have dissatisfaction, and then you WOULDN'T be able to make a change, right? To me, if you CAN make changes, then you have the free will to do so, and if you believe that God wants the best for you, then maybe you can believe that God can make the means available, like through inspiring people, good circumstances, you having courage despite crappy conditions, etc. Good luck,. I always heard the one about 'work as if everything depended on work, and pray as if everything depended on prayer' by Cardinal Cook (I think). That might help--
  • HerbieMomof9
    Options
    :smile: Every day is a new day. Don't give up, we will never get it right ALL the time. God says "I know what I am planning for you, I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you, I will give you hope and a good future" Jeremiah 29:11 If a voice is telling you to give up...it's not God...don't listen to it!
  • luvnjj
    luvnjj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't we all deserve to be our best? YOU deserve it!! It's a new year and tomorrow is a new day. You got this!! :)