You can tell you're counting calories when...

Options

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You count everything you eat. I had to laugh at myself while counting crakcers last night!

Lol - I count almods and goldfish crackers and ...well, everything! lol
  • hmadrone
    hmadrone Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You have half a sweet potato with a little grated ginger for dessert and feel like you've had a huge indulgence.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    - It takes you an extra half-hour or so to do your weekly grocery shopping because you read the label (or compare labels) on everything you haven't purchased before.

haha, no one will shop with me for this very reason! :smile:
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You have two sets of digital scales - one for the kitchen and one for the dining table.
  • Cocacoladdict
    Cocacoladdict Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    - It takes you an extra half-hour or so to do your weekly grocery shopping because you read the label (or compare labels) on everything you haven't purchased before.

haha, no one will shop with me for this very reason! :smile:

with you there!!!
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

You say you have "chocolate in your fridge for months that you can't quite bring yourself to 'spend' your calories on."

What is this concept?

You still have chocolate? GIMME

Sorry, i just ate it
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    You go out and buy a food scale and use it for every meal.

You find yourself grabbing the frozen fruit instead of the ice cream.

You find a sweet potatoe with a little brown sugar added is better tasting then the pumkin pie.

You can say No, thank you to seconds.

My personal best...You can ignore the desert table at any function you go to!! Whoot,Whoot!!
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You count everything you eat. I had to laugh at myself while counting crakcers last night!

OMG so true! Soup and crackers have to be counted like it's a luxury to have crackers. LOL

Haha my coworker saw my lunch and asked how many wheat thins I "treated" myself to and with out hesitating I said "8 it's half a serving...why?" she just laughed and said its funny you know how many!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    when you realise the obsessiveness is ridiculously over the top, not sustainable for life, and really rather silly in the grand scheme of things.

When you look at your naturally skinny boyfriend and realise he has remained slim and happy by not attempting to alter his natural body weight and by eating what he enjoys, when he is hungry, in control and in balance. Then you realise how stupid it is to be counting every single calorie instead of following your body's natural signals and using a bit of common sense.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    When your husband brings an Arby's Molten Chocolate Lava cake to you at work and the first thing you say is, "Are you flipping crazy???? What the hell is wrong with you???" =-/

This whole thread was worth it for this bit of knowledge! OMG~ It's only 340 calories!!! For a limited time only! Hurry!
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BUMP! One of the best topics I have read in a long time. Cannot wait to go back and read the rest!
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ...your food gets cold because you have to look up and log every single ingredient before you can chow down...

...you have low sodium 80 cal vegetable soup in the cupboard in case you don't have enough calories left for dinner... (this is me today)

...you have a craving for something naughty and you log it in beforehand so you work your meals around it...

...it takes you twice as long to order at a restaurant because your meal is so high maintenance...

...you go to bed early so you don't become tempted to eat after dinner...
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When you're going out for a team lunch, and you print the menu, write the calorie counts by all of the meals, and make photocopies for anyone who's interested.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I logged my "lunch" today and then remembered to eat it an hour later :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Honestly, I typed it all in to make sure it was a balanced meal and then forgot to go in the kitchen and put it together. :blushing:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    have to bump it. this is still funny.
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    When I pass on free food.
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Amen! Especially when I'm trying a new recipe, I'm looking for the best quality product that will fit the recipe with lowest sodium, sugar, calories, fat, etc.

Yep - Just did this today - have you seen the differences in black beans? :smile:
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Amen! Especially when I'm trying a new recipe, I'm looking for the best quality product that will fit the recipe with lowest sodium, sugar, calories, fat, etc.

Yep - Just did this today - have you seen the differences in black beans? :smile:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    you go out to eat and order both your food and a to-go box.

you (might) have 8 different kinds of water additives in the house *raises hand*
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    When you have plenty of calories over and instead of having two pieces of toast you go to the effort of making a stir-fry, vegies only. Did that tonight.
    Chew your food and enjoy the textures and flavor rather than inhaling it.
    Eat each nut, chip, corn chip or piece of candy separately and slowly.
    Log all food for the day when you know exactly what you are eating and exercise accordingly.
    Log in a high calorie snack only to delete it later when you decided that you really wanted a yogurt and fruit.
    Knowing that you are having a night out, ie drinking, you exercise hard the day before, day of and day after just to cover all the extra calories.