Why do guys on MFP do this?

Options

Replies

• amili045
    Options
    I dont collect ppl...that term is ridiculous

Yes you do, they are all locked in your basement.

hahaha
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

What am I good for then?! hhmph *deleted*
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    I've heard of guys who pick up women at gyms... they'll find women who've been overweight for a long time and have finally dropped the weight. Pretty much swooping in for the kill at an opportune moment. I would imagine some of the men here have this in mind as their modus operandi, unfortunately.
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Guys here are dangerous, be careful!

agree
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Most of MFP is probably female so having lots of female friends might not be uncommon. Don't completely dismiss the male population on here cause I know personally I have a few male friends who have been very motivational :)

However there will unfortunately probably always be some creepers in the online world, there will always be some guys (or girls) who use a site to bring up their ego or whatever. But if you think that is happening and you are just legit looking for support, then just move on and work on yourself :)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I've heard of guys who pick up women at gyms... they'll find women who've been overweight for a long time and have finally dropped the weight. Pretty much swooping in for the kill at an opportune moment. I would imagine some of the men here have this in mind as their modus operandi, unfortunately.

how YOU doin?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

Yes you do, they are all locked in your basement.

Stop stalking me dawn! Im not the father.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

hahahahah ...yeah be careful ladies, might actually get some d___!! How awful.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Yea we have to track eating habits and weightloss patterns. Only once they reach a certain threshold can we make our move. Although that time frame is small because theyll lose too much weight and actually think they look good. With this fool proof plan women have no chance.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    They send you a friend request and when you go to their profile you see that it is filled with nothing but female friends and minimal activity?

To be fair, their activity might not be minimal - you can adjust your settings so that it doesn't show up on your wall every time you comment on someone's status or write on someone's profile.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

hahahahah ...yeah be careful ladies, might actually get some d___!! How awful.

I can't even imagine how horrible that must be.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    They send you a friend request and when you go to their profile you see that it is filled with nothing but female friends and minimal activity? Like I would think that they would benefit more with advice from other men. Mixing it up and having both sexes is fantastic and probably yields great results since that would be a broader spectrum. But when I see all their friends are females (not a few I am talking 120/120 it makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I usually just delete and move on but I was kind of intrigued because they always hae this girlfriend they want to shape up for.

Just to put it out there...there are girls with only guys for their friends and minimal activity.

And I think that if someone wants to just have a certain sex as their friends (whether it be guys with girls, girls with guys, guys with guys and girls with girls) - that's their business.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Guys are gross.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I do. I keep them in little ceramic jars behind the bricks in my fireplace.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    They send you a friend request and when you go to their profile you see that it is filled with nothing but female friends and minimal activity? Like I would think that they would benefit more with advice from other men. Mixing it up and having both sexes is fantastic and probably yields great results since that would be a broader spectrum. But when I see all their friends are females (not a few I am talking 120/120 it makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I usually just delete and move on but I was kind of intrigued because they always hae this girlfriend they want to shape up for.

Maybe that guy is dating a guy that doesn't want him to have other guys on his FL....ever think of that, huh, huh?
  • pinky_pie
    pinky_pie Posts: 127
    Options
    I've seen it go both ways. To each their own, and I know what works for me as far as friends on this site go and really that's all that matters to me.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I do. I keep them in little ceramic jars behind the bricks in my fireplace.
    I would think some sort of pressure sealed container would be better for the smell.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Maybe that guy is dating a guy that doesn't want him to have other guys on his FL....ever think of that, huh, huh?

^ yep..and this to. Basically, let's not go judging people based on gender, etc....and maybe not judge them at all when we have no idea about who they really are :)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    That's right! Guys here are dangerous! They might type some words you disagree with!! Or maybe they'll look at pictures of you that you have posted publicly for everyone to see! Beware!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I wish guys would try to collect me!

Really though... this is a fitness site. If attention from the opposite sex and flirting help you to stay focused on your fitness goals, I say go for it. I have a few (as in not enough) hot guys on my friends list and they most certainly help to motivate me.
    My 2 cents
    :flowerforyou: