fast food

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    lol.

don't eat at chain restaurants. the tgi thing was my son went to the store picked it out and cooked it for me when I was sick and no pizza hut. makes me sick. went to a mom and pops pizza place where they make everything and just tracked a high calorie slice of pizza. yea.. i'll never go to arbies again first and last time. ate about half a sandwich.. french dip i think and I was sick from it. Chinese food. I order a pint of something and it lasts me 3 meals. that's my boyfriends vice.. not mine, but i eat it with him.

I'm looking at the *health* of it.. not the calories. The 500 calorie salad isn't 500 calories because it's loaded with healthy stuff. It's loaded with garbage and chemicals and that's the reason you can't lose weight. not because of it's calorie content. I'm usually looking for higher calorie stuff, because I don't eat enough, that's why i track everything. I find it funny that people say oh i can't lose weight and i feel so crappy, then they go hit a drive though. Everyone knows how bad it is for you.. then why do it and if you do it why complain?

The thing is... you riled so many people because you're doing a "Do as I say, not as I do." I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt because you're newer here, and I generally hate when people attack someone's diary when he/she wasn't personally complaining about their own diet/progress (which is, to a point, where you're coming from: talking about people who complain about their diet/progress, but happen to eat fast food).

That being said, I also noticed you have logged fried chicken multiple days... but in another post, mentioned you can't stand fried food. Huh? You have pizza from multiple places tracked (regardless of if they're really from there, because I get that understanding of "Tracker higher to be safe"), you have Chinese takeout way into December, Jimmy Dean sausage, Clif bars... I mean, that is all technically processed with added sodium, chemicals, etc.... but you think people who eat fast food are eating more poisonously than you? You say you track everything... but you admitted in this thread, and another, that you never track alcohol. Say what? Nothing seems to be lining up here.

I don't really care what you eat, or what anyone else eats, because frankly you, and other people, have clearly lost weight so far... but I can very clearly see why you've gotten the response you've gotten.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how people can eat fast food! Taco Bell can't even call their meat beef because it contains so little actual meat and then they stuff it with chemical and flavoring. Mcdonalds and burger king never molds. How is that possible! You tell people this and they still go and order a big mac! So gross. At least KFC uses real chicken, although they fry the health benefits right out of it and Wendy's uses real American raised beef. still tastes gross.. I also tried explaining to one of my friends that if a salad has 500 calories in it, then it's not healthy... they just don't get it.

I haven't eaten it in years.
    My salads that I make at home have more than 300 calories and are very healthy.

And I wonder how many friend you have left if you're running around saying things like this to them. It may not taste good to you, but it tastes good to some people. Leave them alone. People like you are annoying and obnoxious.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm Carls Jr :heart:

tumblr_mcd2ubsl4K1r4t7nto1_500.gif
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to try to argue that fast food is good for you. But, who said we have to be good all the time? I eat things sometimes that are so bad they shouldn't be classified as food (Cheese Whiz, anyone?), but my diet now compared to 3 months ago is insanely different. I eat healthier now then I ever had. But I still choose to be "bad" every now and then. I have no guilt over that. Because I'm not some health robot, I am a human, damn it! A human who loves Doritos.
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    n4fc1b541d60f0-1.jpg
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Please don't be "that" friend that goes around saying, "do you know how many calories is in that?!" and "OMG that fast food is sooo bad for you!" I'm sure your friends aren't dumb and they have a general idea that most fast food isn't the healthiest of options.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised someone as brilliant as the OP even needs to use a health and fitness website.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised someone as brilliant as the OP even needs to use a health and fitness website.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Mickey D's fries are irresistible.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being a stuck up *choice word* is pretty my my only reaction to this post.

It would probably be easier to sit in chairs if you pulled out the stick that's up your *kitten*
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    (1) Banana peels don't rot either if you let them dry, nor does fresh salmon, nor do lots of other perfectly natural foods. That is all that happened to that oh-so-famous McDonald's hamburger. Drying is a well established method of food preservation.

(2) The number of calories in a salad has little to do with how healthy it is. I can easily make a 500 calorie salad, full of greens, veggies, raw seeds, avocado, beans, maybe even some whole grains--a salad that is beautifully healthy; full of micro-nutrients, healthy fats, fiber, and protein. The problem with most fast food salads is that most of the calories come from (a) fried meat, and (b) the saturated fat-filled dressings.

I have no desire to defend fast food, I don't eat it, nor do I have any particular urge to do so, and I agree that the vast majority of offerings are unhealthy, but before you go attacking things, at least have a well-reasoned, accurate, argument.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I :heart: food

That is all.
    :love:
  • DanTillson
    DanTillson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    "The (below) study’s explicit goal was to see if the metabolic response to a fast-food meal would differ to a ‘healthy’ meal of similar macro-nutrient and caloric value."

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/hormonal-responses-to-a-fast-food-meal-compared-with-nutritionally-comparable-meals-of-different-composition-research-review.html

Interesting study before blaming and flaming every fast food restaurant in the world.
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't care how it's made...it tastes yummy :bigsmile:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with the original poster today. Had 4 White Castle burgers last night and was throwing up within 4 hours and then all night long along with watery diarrhea. I eat fast food occasionally but am wondering now. I believe it was food poisoning. Please be careful with White Castle. A friend of mine got it two weeks ago from an Indiana White Castle. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago; the Carol Stream restaurant. Ugh!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I don't get the point of your post at all. While fast foods do have some issues, high sodium for one, it's not the end of the world if you eat at one occasionally. Like with all things, taken in moderation, it's perfectly fine. And what the heck is wrong with a 500 cal salad? I don't get that at all. So hey, should we curtsey when we are in your presence?
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I eat once a year. Only to realise again how much I don't like the taste. Everything tastes so weird. If I make french fries at home that tastes so real, but at Mc* it just tastes... plastic.

If I want to binge I'd much rather go to a proper restaurant recommended by the Gault Millau than to a junk food place...

Here Here!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You haven't had In n Out have you?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Arby's Curly Fries . . . YUMM!