Tried and Tired I GIVE UP

Options

Replies

• 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options

. You are your enemy. Which is why I love this game. It's about being able to master the self not compete against anyone else.

MASTER self??? hmmmm
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

No one is going to make you get up and work out, watch what you eat, etc. BUT - we are here for your support, to ease your bad days, to celebrate your good ones. You are not alone, but it is your battle. And battle it is! We are programmed to survive, to eat to live. Unfortunately, food is everywhere, and the crappy stuff is designed to build cravings, satisfy those cravings and build more.

Good luck, and remember we are here for you!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT
  • jallen47
    Options
    I feel the same way, I'm about ready to give up, I'm starting to think maybe I'm suppose to be fat forever. I can't seem to eat even a normal amount of calories because I am a fat pig. I am surprised how fast my calories build up I don't know how anyone eats healthy, I tried eating less and I was starving. I feel like a complete failure as a person and will never succeed.

This broke my heart to read. No one is ever meant to be fat. We are all destined for GREAT things, including you love! When I first began my fitness journey, I too felt like I was always hungry, always craving sweets, always tired, always sluggish. Then I discovered it was more about WHAT I ate and WHEN I ate it that helped me to control those feelings. And a huge part of that was also learning how to properly hydrate myself. My body couldn't tell the difference between if it was thirsty or hungry. Both feelings equated to "hungry" in my brain. So I ate WAY more than my body needed. Once I started cutting out all the processed foods, drinking tons of water, and eating 6 small meals a day, my hunger feelings went away and I learned to tell the difference between my body wanting water or wanting food.

Question: Do you watch whats in your food besides just the calorie number?

You can do this! It's tough work, grueling at times, but if it was easy, everyone would be doing it :)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    MFP and many of the people are here for you! You've had success. You can and will get on track. If God is an inspiration to you, then remember that we should treat this body he has given us as a temple and with respect for his good work! You can do this, you will do this and I'll be the first to give you a swift kick if you need it. :wink: :bigsmile:
  • 214julie
    214julie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check out. Made to Crave, if u are interested in a biblical perspective on weight loss. If I can help encourage you, -add me if you'd like :)
  • alettep
    alettep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Look at all these souls saying "Hang in there...stay focused". This site is your support girl! 14lbs is a great start & hoidays are tough but they are over now so no reason not to get back on track. Remember "If it is to be, it is up to me":bigsmile:
  • jallen47
    Options
    Remember "If it is to be, it is up to me":bigsmile:

I love that quote!
  • Equiphoria
    Options
    Hey honey... you are doing great! The parties are hard... I guess the trick for me is avoiding the alcohol fueled ones and getting myself a good circle of non-drinking, or limited drinking friends. I try to surround myself with people I want to be like and have had to make some massive life changes in order to find the people that I want to be like & model their behavior! These new friends of mine don't binge drink, don't go to the pub for lack of other entertainment options, don't smoke & therefore are a great influence on me. Alcohol is my true nemesis & that is the largest weight gainer for me! It is true that thirst & hunger process the same in the brain so I ALWAYS try water when I am hungry to see if I am truly hungry or just slightly dehydrated and ALWAYS drink some before each meal in this way. Try this & also snacking on raw stuff like carrots, oranges, watermelon & nothing processed. :) If you check out my food diary you will see that I am a bit naughty but know that I am in control & I must exercise harder than I want to be naughty!

We are all here for you!!
  • Equiphoria
    Options
    Good girl! Stick at it!:happy:
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Never give up. If you really trust God than you can do all things. Get off your *kitten* and start logging, exercising, and caring about yourself. Your Welcome !!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Check out. Made to Crave, if u are interested in a biblical perspective on weight loss. If I can help encourage you, -add me if you'd like :)

Made to Crave...is this a book??
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If ya cant run with the big dawgs stay under the porch! Big sissy.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Look at all these souls saying "Hang in there...stay focused". This site is your support girl! 14lbs is a great start & hoidays are tough but they are over now so no reason not to get back on track. Remember "If it is to be, it is up to me":bigsmile:

yes yes yes...IT IS UP TO ME
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    If ya cant run with the big dawgs stay under the porch! Big sissy.

NOPE NOPE NOPE!! I'M HARD HEADED!! NOT STAYING ON THE PORCH!!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    MFP and many of the people are here for you! You've had success. You can and will get on track. If God is an inspiration to you, then remember that we should treat this body he has given us as a temple and with respect for his good work! You can do this, you will do this and I'll be the first to give you a swift kick if you need it. :wink: :bigsmile:

THANKS FOR THAT KICK!! EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well..but then the holidays came and I stop logging. This party and that party kept telling myself ""I 'll start over tomorrow " tomorrow always came and went. I've lost my way,lost my will and my drive with not a one single soul to say Hey mom stay focused or hey hunni you're looking great. I've tried and I'm so tired, maybe this is how God wants me to be.

don't ever give up.
  • arajava1
    Options
    hello I live in mexico and diet Heel many kilos brought me to the most someone could guide me how to start to lose weight
  • mallisaunders
    Options
    Just-tashat, You can do this. I think many, if not all of us have a hard time staying on track over the holidays. I am included in that statement. I just pick myself up and start again. I am rooting for you!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Just-tashat, You can do this. I think many, if not all of us have a hard time staying on track over the holidays. I am included in that statement. I just pick myself up and start again. I am rooting for you!

Thanks girl!!
  • alanna81
    Options
    Here is my take on this. God does not care what you look like, he cares about your deeds. Giving up is not a quality that God would like. Pick a date to start again, then stick with it. You have a long time before the holiday parties start back up again.

Good Luck!

Agree!