Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What annoys you about others at the gym?

Replies

• wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    College bros... period. Too much weight, not enough form. All ego bro... all ego.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    ...to take her man hunt elsewhere or wait outside for them to leave and stalk them on her own time. Im tyring to get in and out

Sounds like she's looking for guys with your same goal

Post of the day.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    When the 'mega lifters' drop their weights so hard the room shakes.
    The ladies locker room is just under the weight room and seriously,
    it sounds like we're London being blitzkrieged by German planes thru the ceiling.

I get it, you're super strong, you can lift SO much. Ughhh...
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Posers, strutter's and air heads, seems to be loads of those in the Gym. Oh yes... and grunter's..male and female..leave it out eh?

I try not to grunt - but those last couple of reps of a set...it just sort of comes out. Be glad I'm not farting! ;)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    i wash mine off lol sorry if that offends you

You washing your makeup off, or leaving it on for that matter, does not offend me at all. I have no feelings whatsoever towards what other people wear to workout, so long as it's safe (like, I might take issue with flip-flops on a treadmill, for example) and not offensive (like a racist T-shirt). YOU said other people wearing makeup bothers you.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    people who are:

a. too busy worrying about the girl in short shorts (and I'm going to be one those when I have the body :bigsmile: if you've got it why not bust out the short shorts and work out )

b. judging the girl in full make up - she paid for he gym membership, she paid for her membership why the hell not (please don't tell me you bought gym membership to complain/watch about the girl in full make up)

c. people that don't clean up after themselves (I don't fancy working on your sweat nor will I use MY towel to wipe up after you...you got a towel for a reason!)

but then again I'm too busy working out on me to notice A&B
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

I REALLY didn't need that image in my head!!!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Posers, strutter's and air heads, seems to be loads of those in the Gym. Oh yes... and grunter's..male and female..leave it out eh?

I try not to grunt - but those last couple of reps of a set...it just sort of comes out. Be glad I'm not farting! ;)

I'm with melly on this one!

Seriously??? Someone in a gym gets annoyed with someone else grunting?!?!? I'm sorry...but that is part of a serious work out. If I'm shouting in the OHP, it's because I'm pushing myself. Haha. Can't take the heat, get outta the kitchen!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    I guess I'm lucky, we have a small community gym used by maybe 15-20 people a day. I've never had an unwiped machine, never had to wait for a machine, and everyone keeps themselves to themselves, beyond civil 'good morning' if two people happen to be coming in at around the same time. If someone's on a machine, no one talks to them.

Wait, I just thought of one thing. The woman that comes in on Fridays with her young son and brings nothing with her for him to do. Poor guy is expected to sit there contemplating his navel for half and hour while she uses the elliptical. Doesn't impact me, but I feel sorry for the little blighter. I think tomorrow I'll take in some of my kids' unused activity books and leave them on the sign-in desk for him.
  • Saw an old man on the step mill Saturday wearing jeans. His "plumbers butt" well exeeded anything you see the kids wearing these days and he didn't have the boxers to hide it. :sick:

That was kind of annoying. And gross
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    People who know how to do everything "right". People who think they have all the answers. People who just don't let others exercise in the manner best suits them. People who assume everyone wants their help, without being asked.

I think that covers it.
  • people who are

a. too busy worrying about the girl in short shorts (and I'm going to be one those when I have the body :bigsmile: if you've got it why not bust out the short shorts and work out )

Dudes are going to look... Sorry but I gotta rest in between my sets and when you walk by with your *kitten* hanging out I am definitely looking.
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    people who are

b. judging the girl in full make up - she paid for he gym membership, she paid for her membership why the hell not (please don't tell me you bought gym membership to complain/watch about the girl in full make up)

c. people that don't clean up after themselves (I don't fancy working on your sweat nor will I use MY towel to wipe up after you...you got a towel for a reason!)
    I have never had an issue with anyone who wears little booty shorts if you got it flaunt it by all means...I have never had an issue until this situation I spoke of. I could see if it was once and she was just in my way. I work out with my husband and brothers and this chick gets in my damn way. I have asked her nicely and I think next time it wont be so nice.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    other people having the audacity to be there while I am is my biggest annoyance...and that mfer curling in the squat rack.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    The sneers of those who have been at the gym for a while. I know I'm a newby, I know I'm probably using YOUR machine, yeah my form probably is all wrong. But hey, I guess you were dumped from the womb as a gym guru! For those of us that weren't, how bout a lil guidance. And I'll still be there with ya next year.
  • i wash mine off lol sorry if that offends you

You washing your makeup off, or leaving it on for that matter, does not offend me at all. I have no feelings whatsoever towards what other people wear to workout, so long as it's safe (like, I might take issue with flip-flops on a treadmill, for example) and not offensive (like a racist T-shirt). YOU said other people wearing makeup bothers you.

lol whatever the interpretation of my personal annoyance, added to a thread entitled "what annoys you at the gym?", It does bother me. Am I going to stomp up to someone and cuss them out for it? no. but its my own opinion and if its not yours then thats fine. It simply bothers me in a way that shouldnt really affect you to see globs of eyeliner running down someones face. You can do or wear whatever you want at the gym or anywhere else but my opinion is my opinion.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    girls that wear makeup
    now while I don't get wearing makeup specifically for the gym, and never would....

Of all the things that annoy me that's low on the list. I mean doesn't effect me.
  • i wash mine off lol sorry if that offends you

lol whatever the interpretation of my personal annoyance, added to a thread entitled "what annoys you at the gym?", It does bother me. Am I going to stomp up to someone and cuss them out for it? no. but its my own opinion and if its not yours then thats fine. It simply bothers me in a way that shouldnt really affect you to see globs of eyeliner running down someones face. You can do or wear whatever you want at the gym or anywhere else but my opinion is my opinion.

I'm not trying to shove it down anyones throat. I was just participating in the thread lol so there's no reason for jumping down mine.
  • Oh there are so many to choose from..

The girl who told me I'd be better off getting gastric bypass than using the treadmill..

The amateur "trainer" there to help all the pretty girls with their exercises and yet someone manages to do them all incorrectly.

The guy in the rotating team sports jersey who never seems to touch a machine or do anything other than wander around with a water bottle.

The guy who ALWAYS tells me I need a trainer and launches into some high pressure sales pitch.

And well, the obvious. The ones who don't wipe down the machines when they are done are the worst people in the world.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
    Tyler if its the same old man maybe you should turn him in lol he might be hitting on you

Nope, it's the same group of 6 or so old guys.

They come in, just to stand in the locker room naked and bullsh*t.

Yea this happens at pretty much every gym... It's like a damn epidemic

Hate to break it to ya fellas....but this is not just limited to old men. The older women at my gym do the same thing. They walk around the locker room naked like they own the place. If I wanted to see naked people, I'd go to a strip club. But I think the WORST is when they sit down on the locker room benches completely naked. Makes me want to vomit. And what happened to the elderly being modest?!?

Now I definitely don't want to go to the gym. I don't want to risk seeing older women blow drying their balls.