What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    holy ****, maybe ya'll should look into yoga. so angry!
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When they don't rerack their weights, or when someone takes forever on a peice of equipment when others are waiting. We only have one squat rack at my gym and I hate waiting behind the guy who needs to do 8 sets of squats.
  • amili045
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

Seriously?? Why the hell would that bother YOU? It doesn't affect your work out in any way whatsoever. People come to the gym straight from work etc etc, places that require you to look presentable. Should they make sure they remove all their makeup before working out so not to annoy people like you. Hmphhhhh.

lol it bothers me. I didnt say id go over and scream at them. ps whats the title of this thread again?
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    There is a super fit girl who trains 2 other not-as-fit girls in the very small on-campus gym where we work. There are only 3 benches, and they use them all and pretty much take up the whole weight section. They have every right to use them, but it's still annoying. I got creative last week and just created a bench out of some steps. Last week I had just finished up my first set of lat pull-downs on one of the 2 cable machines that are right beside one another. When I moved to my next exercise (I do a full-body circuit), the "trainer girl" readjusted the settings on the machine that I was using and STILL SITTING AT so that her and the 2 girls could use it and the other cable machine at the same time for some kind of arm work-out. I had to wait until they were done (3 people, 3 sets) to get back to my lat pull-downs. Honestly, I thought that was pretty dang rude. I was already having to use steps as a bench, and now she's readjusting the machine I was just using? The least she could have done is asked if I was finished...which I wasn't.

I have a good male friend who is often in the gym at the same time as me. He will not get off of the elliptical and lift some weights. He will not up his resistance on the elliptical or pick a more challenging program. He is full of excuses for why he can't eat better. I care about him as my friend, and it's extremely annoying to me that he's doing the same thing expecting different results.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really gets to me is people who don't re-rack their ish when they are done.

This. I went into the gym today (very very big gym) to lift and I was the only sould in the joint, but every bar was racked. It looked as if were packed and someone had yelled "FIRE" and everyone just ran out at once without looking back. I can't stand having to clean up after other people before I can even begin my workout.

The way I try to make myself feel better about picking up after the meathead boys is I tell myself, "I'm getting an extra little lift today putting away all of this weight!" (Of course, my sarcasm doesn't fool me in the slightest and I end up muttering expletives about said meatheads under my breath).
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I get aggrivated with this certain female at the gym. This girl flaunts around and I swear I NEVER see her hit a machine. I think she is there on a man hunt but she gets in my damn way when I work out.

F THAT B! I bet her hair looks cute too!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
    Tyler if its the same old man maybe you should turn him in lol he might be hitting on you

Nope, it's the same group of 6 or so old guys.

They come in, just to stand in the locker room naked and bullsh*t.

Yea this happens at pretty much every gym... It's like a damn epidemic

Hate to break it to ya fellas....but this is not just limited to old men. The older women at my gym do the same thing. They walk around the locker room naked like they own the place. If I wanted to see naked people, I'd go to a strip club. But I think the WORST is when they sit down on the locker room benches completely naked. Makes me want to vomit. And what happened to the elderly being modest?!?

because you won't get older and wrinkly, will you? jeez...they pay their money just like you do, if they want to be naked in a place like a locker room, its their right. Don't like it? There's the door.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Just not cleaning off the machines after using them. I'm not thinking about other people unless what they're doing somehow affects me.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    other people having the audacity to be there while I am is my biggest annoyance...and that mfer curling in the squat rack.

The other day some dude puts down a floor mat in the squat cage - the ONLY squat cage in the gym - and starts doing leg raises. On the floor. In the squat cage.

He's lucky he made it out alive.

And as far as old guys waving their droopage around in the locker room, WTF? Even worse, they'll try to strike up a conversation with you. I'm not your friend, you're naked, and we are not having a conversation.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I get aggrivated with this certain female at the gym. This girl flaunts around and I swear I NEVER see her hit a machine. I think she is there on a man hunt but she gets in my damn way when I work out.

Is she hot?
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Being on the phone while I'm staring at you waiting for a machine or the squat rack... TAKE YOUR CALL OFF THE FLOOR ASSJACK!
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    Just not cleaning off the machines after using them. I'm not thinking about other people unless what they're doing somehow affects me.
    Exactly, my annoyance gets in my way when im just trying to do my thing.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

Seriously?? Why the hell would that bother YOU? It doesn't affect your work out in any way whatsoever. People come to the gym straight from work etc etc, places that require you to look presentable. Should they make sure they remove all their makeup before working out so not to annoy people like you. Hmphhhhh.

lol it bothers me. I didnt say id go over and scream at them. ps whats the title of this thread again?

Tip: Work harder, notice less.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The guy who tries to pick up all the women at the gym.

tumblr_mcbdu9PSjG1r3gb3zo4_400_zps2d9262b7.gif

Best post ever
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options

Is she hot?
    Shes beautiful by all means lovely she just gets in my damn way!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    The guy who follows me around the gym and tries to go heavier on every set/exercise I do, he's been doing this ever since he saw me deloading last week with relatively light weights.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
    Tyler if its the same old man maybe you should turn him in lol he might be hitting on you

Nope, it's the same group of 6 or so old guys.

They come in, just to stand in the locker room naked and bullsh*t.

Yea this happens at pretty much every gym... It's like a damn epidemic

Hate to break it to ya fellas....but this is not just limited to old men. The older women at my gym do the same thing. They walk around the locker room naked like they own the place. If I wanted to see naked people, I'd go to a strip club. But I think the WORST is when they sit down on the locker room benches completely naked. Makes me want to vomit. And what happened to the elderly being modest?!?

Now I definitely don't want to go to the gym. I don't want to risk seeing older women blow drying their balls.

Watched a woman blow dry her cootch once, last time I ever used a gym supplied hair dryer. Do have to say that I'd probably have to have a serious talk with any woman who showcases her balls in the locker room, need to get to the base of that tale.

That being said, I am a brazen naked in the locker room kind of girl. I don't do my makeup and hair naked as if I were at home, but if I need something across the locker room and I'm naked I'll go get it.

And I have no qualms with that. Just don't stop midway and strike up a conversation with me. I think the older women do it just to watch me shift uncomfortably back and forth and avert my eyes to the ceiling. It creeps me out.

Also, I meant the women blow dry their hoohas. I have yet to come across any naked women with balls in the locker room. Or anywhere for that matter. :noway:
  • PipBnz
    PipBnz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1) Excessive BO - come on, deodorant isn't that pricey
    2) When people sweat all over a machine and don't wipe it down. Gross. Basic hygiene.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    People that wipe down machines with their disgusting wet, sweaty towels. Do they really think that's making it cleaner??? :noway:
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When they don't wipe their sweat off the machines. When they smell. Yes, I understand you are working out but there is a thing called deo for helping with body smells.