What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• ArianaLuvsMe101
    Options
    Whne a person stinks to heaven and is standing next to me.
    When a girl/man stare at my body..
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I get aggrivated with this certain female at the gym. This girl flaunts around and I swear I NEVER see her hit a machine. I think she is there on a man hunt but she gets in my damn way when I work out.

Well, when I read the topic I was thinking almost the same thing. Girls that just play around at the machines so you can't use it if you want to, when they're not even using it or planning to. I don't care if they are there to flirt, just stay outta the way. lol
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    Options
    People that wipe down machines with their disgusting wet, sweaty towels. Do they really think that's making it cleaner??? :noway:

OMGGG!! Good one!! Amen, preach on, sister. lol
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm this thread makes me wonder how annoying I am at the gym xD
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really gets to me is people who don't re-rack their ish when they are done.

This. 1000x this.

Well, that, and the couple of tools that put their stuff on one bench, then workout on another bench. Seriously? I keep all my stuff - granted, it's just my water bottle and little notebook - next to the power rack, bench, or chin bar where I'm working.
  • KSwatek
    KSwatek Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You ready for this?

I have a guy who smells like...rotten ketchup as he sweats. And when I say he sweats, I actually mean that he has a built in sprinkler system underneath his hoodie. So, not only does he smell like rotting ketchup as he sweats, but because he layers at the gym, it festers.

Festering, rotten ketchup. All up on my treadmills.

Yep. Chew on that for a hot second, my friends.
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    Guys who claim an entire selection of cable grips then use each cable station when they could just simply lower or raise the cable position by each set (I mean they rest for at least two minutes anyway?!). THEN MOST OF ALL, there's a girl who comes in with her boyfriend and literally SITS BESIDE HIM FOR EVERY EXERCISE, drinking water, watching him whilst doing nothing then continues to do this as he proceeds to move onto the rower for 20+ minutes and she'll just SIT looking at him doing absolutely nothing the whole time. She comes to the gym to sit beside her boyfriend (they don't even talk or look at each other much) WHY WOULD YOU EVEN BOTHER?!
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    Those who unleash their kids to crawl all over the equipment spreading kooties.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Not much annoys me. If anything probably
    1) Standing in front of my locker naked and not moving or acknowledging me when I say "Excuse me, sorry, I just need in my locker"
    2) Talking on the cell phone in the toilet, but this is everywhere. This is when I flush excessively or turn on the hand dryer >.> Talk somewhere I'm not peeing, lady!

Other than that, it's their business. Whatever. Gotta share the world, I guess.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when I want to run on the treadmill only to find all of the treadmills are being used, and I happen to see the one person who's walking at half the speed of smell.
    It's not like they are walking at a high incline.......they are walking level, and at a slower speed than if they were walking headfirst into the wind, in a sand pit, in molasses.

Really!?!?! You are wasting your time and my time by trudging your way to your goals.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Well I have really big boobs that require serious engineering in terms of sports bra to keep in place. I get completely jealously, irrationally and very cross with the women in my gym who have fake boobs that don't weigh nearly as much or move working out in piddly little bras that frankly would be useless to even stand still in if those puppies were real!!
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When i was going to the gym this group of teenage girls(13-15)would come and talk to my trainer(40) WHILE he was training me, it wasnt just a "hello" or "talk to you later" they would get in conversation with him, i mean come on, im here lifting my *kitten* off and they are chatting away, other than that i hated when guys would lifts heavy stuff and then just let them fall hard on the ground, i understand those are very heavy and they get tired, but i just hate very loud noises.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    Options
    The guy who tries to pick up all the women at the gym.

tumblr_mcbdu9PSjG1r3gb3zo2_250_zps589000d0.gif
    tumblr_mcbdu9PSjG1r3gb3zo3_250_zps74882556.gif
    tumblr_mcbdu9PSjG1r3gb3zo4_400_zps2d9262b7.gif

That is ridiculously funny. I'm getting abs laughing at that
  • amili045
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

Seriously?? Why the hell would that bother YOU? It doesn't affect your work out in any way whatsoever. People come to the gym straight from work etc etc, places that require you to look presentable. Should they make sure they remove all their makeup before working out so not to annoy people like you. Hmphhhhh.

lol it bothers me. I didnt say id go over and scream at them. ps whats the title of this thread again?

Tip: Work harder, notice less.

Tip: Don't be so self-righteous
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    You ready for this?

I have a guy who smells like...rotten ketchup as he sweats. And when I say he sweats, I actually mean that he has a built in sprinkler system underneath his hoodie. So, not only does he smell like rotting ketchup as he sweats, but because he layers at the gym, it festers.

Festering, rotten ketchup. All up on my treadmills.

Yep. Chew on that for a hot second, my friends.
    lmao ew
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My only pet peeve at the gym is the people who feel that they have to do an intense workout where they use two machines at once and leave their crap laying on one so others can't use it while they are on the other machine. If you want the gym equipment to be just for you....buy your own gym.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So many! One man hogs a machine for 90 minutes on the highest level I don't know how he hasn't keeled over hes like 60. One little old man comes who much be kicking 80 bless him he doesnt annoy me I just think its cute and good for him. Gym bunnies who go in the tightest of tight pants, see through tops so you can see their bra thats not even a sports bra, they jog and look in the mirror to see who's checking their *kitten* out the makeup never falters and its plastered on like a circus clown. People who drip all over machines and dont wipe them down. Oh and the ones who stand over a machine to talk... and those who use it as a social visit just strolling on the treadmill/crosstrainer (theres only 3 of each) and have a nice half hour long chat. They could do that for free outside. Oh and this one ignorant *kitten* who knows one of the gym staff comes in and puts his trance CD on in the whole gym on full volume then stands in the staff area with the computer talkin to his mate.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I guess I am in my own little world when I workout that things don't really bother me.
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    Why is it that people are saying "I dont have any thing that annoys me except" just list your annoyance silly! :)
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I am too focused on controlling my breathing while I run to care about others lol