Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    Well this is mildly entertaining.

tough crowd

no-respect.jpg
  • Patti2Good
    Patti2Good Posts: 14 Member
    well night all i am not going to give her my attention any longer i do wish you well in your life journey and do hope that you dont run across as much people that judge you as you have judged in here..
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Well this is mildly entertaining.

tough crowd

no-respect.jpg

RIGHT?!!! lol
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    How about you worry about your own journey and others will worry about theirs.

this please
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    grumpy_cat_becomes_giving_quickly_big.jpg

FjYBX.gif
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    What did I miss?
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    everything is "bad" for you .... if you over endulge. but schooling people on thier choices to thier personal journey of weight lose is just disrespectful.
  • THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD SAYS IT ALL
  • I like turtles.

best.response.ever
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I like turtles.

best.response.ever

tumblr_m1nw512AOk1rrtcb0o1_400.gif
  • AblazeRiver
    AblazeRiver Posts: 47 Member
    somehow my post submitted twice. i blame alcohol and the internet. check my newest post.
  • AblazeRiver
    AblazeRiver Posts: 47 Member
    look, I know this post is getting a lot of unwarranted attention so I'm just going to speak my opinion with no regard to prior posts:

WEIGHT LOSS OCCURS WHEN CALORIES IN<CALORIES BURNED IN DAY. Period.

Yes, you will feel better/retain less water/have less insulin resistance if you stick to "whole foods" or "clean foods" or "only real sugars, and in very very low amounts" etc etc etc but at the end of the day your body works on a very simple math equation, and that's it. If you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight.

We can get more detailed and say that protein=fullness for a longer amount of time+rebuilds muscle damaged from exercise. Carbs=short term boosts of energy that are awesome for pre-exercise (and fiber--a necessary carbohydrate--keeps you full for longer/keeps you regular) Fats=joint lubrication, lowering cholesterol (in the form of LDLs-Low Density Lipoproteins), and meal satisfaction in the form of complete "umami" flavor experience.

The point I'm trying to make is that ALL of the macromolecules (protein, fat, and carbohydrates--study some biochemistry if you don't fully understand these compounds) are essential to life, and as long as you incorporate all of them within a good balance and a reasonable calorie limit, you WILL lose weight and you WILL become healthier overall.

YES, fast foods are linked with cancer. YES, artificial sweeteners are associated with cancer. Want to know what else has toxins with either an equal (or higher) chance of causing cancer/health complications?
    -food dye
    -x rays
    -asprin
    -ibuprofen/advil
    -acetomenophine/tylenol
    -the air you breathe if you are within 500 miles of an urban area
    -cigarettes
    -asbestos
    -genetics
    -exposure to certain animal dander
    -HPV
    -eating red meat in general
    -alcohol
    -over exercising
    -driving a car
    -keeping a cell phone in your pocket (cervical/testicular cancer especially)
    -FM and AM radio waves
    -walkie-talkies
    -plasma screens
    -LCD screens
    -bubble baths
    -the Sun
    -burnt food
    -food cooked on a grill
    -food cooked on a gas stove
    -anything related to microwaves
    -aluminum foil
    -most antibiotics
    -coal
    -coca cola (and all sodas)
    -estrogen/post menoposal therapy
    -oral contraceptives
    -formaldehyde
    -leather dust
    -salted fish
    -silica gel (even when found in packets inside your shoes!)
    -ANYTHING involving body work on cars/bikes/planes/boats/etc
    -Insufficient activity levels
    -hair dye
    -spray-on sunscreen
    -hairspray
    -perfume
    -most household cleaning agents (bleach, ammonia, etc)

I could go on for hours. My point is, everything (in excess) will kill you eventually. eat what you enjoy, pay attention to your calories and macromolecules AND ENJOY WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT FITS THESE TWO PARAMETERS.

I encourage everyone who agrees to add me as a friend. I am a nursing major and slightly obsessed with nutrition.

thank you, MFP. GOODNIGHT.
  • justema
    justema Posts: 4 Member
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?

Diet Coke is possibly the worst thing you ould ever put into your body!! Coke should be a cleaner and not something consumed by humans! Seems rather hypocritical that you can tell people 'splender' is poison when you consume coke! If the ran tests my bet is coke would be a hell of alo worse for you than what splender would ever be!
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member

YES, fast foods are linked with cancer. YES, artificial sweeteners are associated with cancer. Want to know what else has toxins with either an equal (or higher) chance of causing cancer/health complications?
    -food dye
    -x rays
    -asprin
    -ibuprofen/advil
    -acetomenophine/tylenol
    -cigarettes
    -asbestos
    -genetics
    -HPV
    -alcohol
    -over exercising
    -driving a car
    -FM and AM radio waves
    -walkie-talkies
    -plasma screens
    -LCD screens
    -bubble baths
    -the Sun
    -burnt food
    -food cooked on a grill
    -aluminum foil
    -most antibiotics
    -coal
    -oral contraceptives
    -formaldehyde
    -leather dust
    -salted fish
    -hair dye
    -spray-on sunscreen
    -hairspray
    -perfume

I could go on for hours. My point is, everything (in excess) will kill you eventually. eat what you enjoy, pay attention to your calories and macromolecules AND ENJOY WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT FITS THESE TWO PARAMETERS.

I encourage everyone who agrees to add me as a friend. I am a nursing major and slightly obsessed with nutrition.

Welp. I'm screwed. Im going to stop breathing and eating so I live longer...oh wait...
  • kannd86
    kannd86 Posts: 42
    Although I agree for most people this is true, calories are just one facet of weight loss, and sometimes they don't matter that much.

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/not-the-calories-stupid-reply-to-time-magazine/

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/photo-abs-after-2-years-of-4500-calories-no-exercise/

I think we spend a lot of time counting calories when we should be spending it considering where they come from. It's never as simple as calories in/calories out.
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Moderation is the key =].

This.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    21nfnk9.jpg
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    What kind of shampoo did you use today? What about makeup and lotion? Do you know what your shower curtain is made of, how about your floors or the plastic containers you buy your food in. I will bet you that you are surrounded by toxic **** and putting it on your skin, let people worry about what they are eating and you focus on what you are eating.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Pot calling the kettle black, much? The first 4 things on your dairy for just today are poison, and considered so by anyone following the paleo/ancestral eating/primal methodology. You obviously would disagree, but I am 100% positive you're killing yourself with what you eat, just as you would say "splenda eaters" and fast-food eaters" are. Who is to say what is RIGHT? Everyone finds what works for them. I avoid Splenda and fast-food myself, for the most part, but disagree that they are any more poisonous that what you eat.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Although I agree for most people this is true, calories are just one facet of weight loss, and sometimes they don't matter that much.

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/not-the-calories-stupid-reply-to-time-magazine/

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/photo-abs-after-2-years-of-4500-calories-no-exercise/

I think we spend a lot of time counting calories when we should be spending it considering where they come from. It's never as simple as calories in/calories out.
    Wrong.

Here's another link for you:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.

Not your diary, not your business.

The end.

^This.
  • kannd86
    I'm not claiming to be different. I agree with you that for most people restricting calories will help them lose weight. But calories are only one factor. 1000 calories from Cheetos will have a very different impact on your body than 1000 calories from fresh vegetables. Ignoring the source of the food seems foolish, especially if you care about overall health as well as weight-loss.
  • I am currently working and living in China. I have a limited amount of time for my lunch or dinner when I am working and, while there are an abundance of choices around me for meals... I have no idea WTF they put in the foods here. Kind of hard to track calories, etc. when you don't know what's in the dish. So... by default I sometimes hit McD's for a meal. Is it healthy? No. Is it delicious? Never. BUT... I know what's in it and I can plan accordingly.

As to "poison"... I think you're using a quite broad definition (and bad grammar) but, again, I live in China. Where there is melamine in the milk, toxic chemicals in the water and where they recycle used cooking oil that they recover from the water drainage systems in the streets. (Some people call them sewers.) I'll take McD's over that any day, thank you very much!
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    This is exactly why my Diary is only viewed to my friend on here who I actually know in PERSON! PPl condemning others choices in food and in life. Mind your own business. My god. It just makes me never want to enter into the community forum again.
  • AnvilHead
    I'm not claiming to be different. I agree with you that for most people restricting calories will help them lose weight. But calories are only one factor. 1000 calories from Cheetos will have a very different impact on your body than 1000 calories from fresh vegetables. Ignoring the source of the food seems foolish, especially if you care about overall health as well as weight-loss.
    Wrong again. Care to read an analysis of a clinical study debunking this?:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/hormonal-responses-to-a-fast-food-meal-compared-with-nutritionally-comparable-meals-of-different-composition-research-review.html

As far as "ignoring the source of food" - this is an example of the polarized "all or nothing" arguments orthorexics often make when it comes to this topic. Nobody is arguing that one should live entirely off junk/fast food 24/7. There IS such a thing as moderation.
  • kannd86
    Alright. I'm just gonna agree to disagree here then. Nutrients matter. Metabolism matters. Ratio of carbs/fat/protein matters. It doesn't all always boil down to calories. If it were that simple, everyone would lose weight pretty easily.

Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes sheds some light on this for anyone who is interested.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    !cid_003401c594ae$bfb0e9f0$06c85a42@admin.gif
  • AnvilHead
    Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes sheds some light on this for anyone who is interested.
    And here's a couple links which thoroughly debunk Taubes and his faulty/cherry-picked research:

http://weightology.net/?p=251

http://weightology.net/?p=265
  • mdyorston
    mdyorston Posts: 158
    I read the post where you said you have an eating disorder. That says volumes about why you are obsessive about what everyone else is eating. You need to give yourself a break along with the rest of us who are all on different journeys to fitness and health. Some will make it to goal the first time they try, others of us are falling off the wagon, left and right, but we keep coming back because we believe there is some truth to being here. We all need to learn to give each other a break from the judgments and learn to be supportive no matter where you are on the path. We really do need each other. That is the real beauty of these sites. It isn't the diary in and of itself, it is the friendships and support systems that we are building that will ultimately get us to where we need to get. I had dropped off the site for a few months and a wonderfully supportive gal (dudagarcia) kept sending me notes and asking me to return. I finally did. That is the real "tool" that this site provides. The End.

well said
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member

-food dye
    -x rays
    -asprin
    -ibuprofen/advil
    -acetomenophine/tylenol
    -cigarettes
    -asbestos
    -genetics
    -HPV
    -alcohol
    -over exercising
    -driving a car
    -FM and AM radio waves
    -walkie-talkies
    -plasma screens
    -LCD screens
    -bubble baths
    -the Sun
    -burnt food
    -food cooked on a grill
    -aluminum foil
    -most antibiotics
    -coal
    -oral contraceptives
    -formaldehyde
    -leather dust
    -salted fish
    -hair dye
    -spray-on sunscreen
    -hairspray
    -perfume

Welp. I'm screwed. Im going to stop breathing and eating so I live longer...oh wait...

Well I am screwed because I take bubble baths and I didn't know bubble baths are toxic oh well.
This discussion has been closed.