i dont get it

Options

Replies

• skinny1105
    Options
    Doesn't bother me any whatever. Ill just continue to talk to my friends, none of who have any type of ed, who feel the same. So just curious, what's their problem then?

that they have you as a friend.

Hahaha
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    all im trying to say is that there is always a natural better alternative. i never said cut out all sugar, or dont eat fats. make it be good fats,there are plenty. i just had a piece of chocolate, but a natural one. at 88% for more of a health bennifit. i get treats all the time form the natural market down the street, cookies and cupcakes that are made from unbleached unprocessed items.

Wow - I bet your **** doesn't stink either
  • skinny1105
    Options
    Doesn't bother me any whatever. Ill just continue to talk to my friends, none of who have any type of ed, who feel the same. So just curious, what's their problem then?

They probably, LIKE YOU, spend too much time worrying about everyone else.
    That's weird I said friends and you assume I mean here. I have a very large group of friends, I'm talking a out real life, which it looks like some people need. Honestly what does my having stretched ears have to do with anything?

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Finally the dieting problem has been resolved!!!

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
    CONCLUSION:
    Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome :love:
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow the OP sounds like a condescending and insanely hypocritical person. I love how she has an excuse for all her imperfections. What a judgmental beeeeeeeeeezy.
  • lisamichelle123
    lisamichelle123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    iK32d.gif

hahaha

Yes
  • initforlife_clc
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

Perfectly said!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I am having my coffee with an EXTRA packet of Splenda this morning in honor of this thread! :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

YES, fast foods are linked with cancer. YES, artificial sweeteners are associated with cancer. Want to know what else has toxins with either an equal (or higher) chance of causing cancer/health complications?
    -food dye
    -x rays
    -asprin
    -ibuprofen/advil
    -acetomenophine/tylenol
    -the air you breathe if you are within 500 miles of an urban area
    -cigarettes
    -asbestos
    -genetics
    -exposure to certain animal dander
    -HPV
    -eating red meat in general
    -alcohol
    -over exercising
    -driving a car
    -keeping a cell phone in your pocket (cervical/testicular cancer especially)
    -FM and AM radio waves
    -walkie-talkies
    -plasma screens
    -LCD screens
    -bubble baths
    -the Sun
    -burnt food
    -food cooked on a grill
    -food cooked on a gas stove
    -anything related to microwaves
    -aluminum foil
    -most antibiotics
    -coal
    -coca cola (and all sodas)
    -estrogen/post menoposal therapy
    -oral contraceptives
    -formaldehyde
    -leather dust
    -salted fish
    -silica gel (even when found in packets inside your shoes!)
    -ANYTHING involving body work on cars/bikes/planes/boats/etc
    -Insufficient activity levels
    -hair dye
    -spray-on sunscreen
    -hairspray
    -perfume
    -most household cleaning agents (bleach, ammonia, etc)

I could go on for hours. My point is, everything (in excess) will kill you eventually. eat what you enjoy, pay attention to your calories and macromolecules AND ENJOY WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT FITS THESE TWO PARAMETERS.

I encourage everyone who agrees to add me as a friend. I am a nursing major and slightly obsessed with nutrition.

thank you, MFP. GOODNIGHT.

QFT
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

That's because there's no good science behind it, just a lot of fear-mongering.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/antifluoridation-bad-science/
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Well, OP hasn't deactivated her account, so there's more coming.
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    Judging a person doesn't define who they are, it defines who you are!:drinker:
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well, OP hasn't deactivated her account, so there's more coming.

At first, this thread was mildly entertaining, but now......There are always differences of opinion and some big ones on here and when it gets to the point where you are trying to purposely push someone off the site I think it is getting out of hand. Most of us may not agree with the OP but not responding at all to her comments is more of a statement than this. I'm almost 50 and I feel like I'm back in high school. :cry:
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of things I don't understand in life, the important thing is to not judge. everyone has their own journey. if being healthy was so easy, then none of us would be here.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    !cid_003401c594ae$bfb0e9f0$06c85a42@admin.gif

Lol love this
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

YES, fast foods are linked with cancer. YES, artificial sweeteners are associated with cancer. Want to know what else has toxins with either an equal (or higher) chance of causing cancer/health complications?
    -food dye
    -x rays
    -asprin
    -ibuprofen/advil
    -acetomenophine/tylenol
    -the air you breathe if you are within 500 miles of an urban area
    -cigarettes
    -asbestos
    -genetics
    -exposure to certain animal dander
    -HPV
    -eating red meat in general
    -alcohol
    -over exercising
    -driving a car
    -keeping a cell phone in your pocket (cervical/testicular cancer especially)
    -FM and AM radio waves
    -walkie-talkies
    -plasma screens
    -LCD screens
    -bubble baths
    -the Sun
    -burnt food
    -food cooked on a grill
    -food cooked on a gas stove
    -anything related to microwaves
    -aluminum foil
    -most antibiotics
    -coal
    -coca cola (and all sodas)
    -estrogen/post menoposal therapy
    -oral contraceptives
    -formaldehyde
    -leather dust
    -salted fish
    -silica gel (even when found in packets inside your shoes!)
    -ANYTHING involving body work on cars/bikes/planes/boats/etc
    -Insufficient activity levels
    -hair dye
    -spray-on sunscreen
    -hairspray
    -perfume
    -most household cleaning agents (bleach, ammonia, etc)

I could go on for hours. My point is, everything (in excess) will kill you eventually. eat what you enjoy, pay attention to your calories and macromolecules AND ENJOY WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT FITS THESE TWO PARAMETERS.

I encourage everyone who agrees to add me as a friend. I am a nursing major and slightly obsessed with nutrition.

thank you, MFP. GOODNIGHT.

QFT
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Everybody calm down. The OP was stating things simply how she sees them.....or maybe she was hoping to get an answer for something she was struggling with herself and asked in a way she thought would get a good response or debate going. Who knows (maybe this was answered, I didn't feel like reading through 17 pages of responses to find out).

Anyway, I know a few people who are like this. It works for them, makes them feel good about what they are putting in their bodies, trying to keep up with all the latest "warnings" and "disclaimers", etc. and so forth. Good for them, if that works for them, fine. Not my game, not my game at all.

I eat red meat, have a couple beers every night, swing through fast food every now and then (and I'm gonna get crushed for this, but yes, I still smoke......thats a whole other issue). I do things that I know are bad for me, but I enjoy them and I've learned over the past several, several years of yo-yo-ing, that if I try to quit everything all at once and go 100% in, I end up frustrated, failed, and falling back into my old habits even deeper than I was when I first started to try and change. For me, its about moderation, moderation, moderation. For example, just a few months ago I was eating fast food about every day for lunch. I was drinking 6-8 beers a day on average probably. I was doing no exercise whatsoever.

I don't want to avoid foods that had pesticides applied to them while they were growing (I've been in a natural goods warehouse, and witnessed the bugs crawling all over everything. I'd rather go with the USDA approved applications to prevent bugs and disease. Am I possibly endangering my health that way??? Maybe. Are those that eat the foods that roaches were crapping all over endangering their health? Maybe. In the end, its just individual choice.

Its like religion....... I have my beliefs, you have yours. As long as we don't proselytize to each other, I'll bet we'd get along just fine.

I'm just sayin.......
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Did someone say Journey?

imager.php?id=2906841&t=o

grumpy-cat-hates-journey_o_954720.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Let's see... I can run a 5k in under 25 minutes. I can squat 120% of my body weight and bench press 80% of my body weight. My blood pressure and blood work are all good. My weight is smack in the middle of an ideal BMI range and my body fat percentage is in the athletic range. In other words, all signs point to optimal health.

How exactly is having some diet soda, pizza and cookies "bad" for me???
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.

You are right you should not assume that. A huge percentage of dieters want to lose weight for aesthetic not health reasons, and certainly on the board you have chosen to post on (there is a nutrition board). That is what gets them in the door of the gym in their droves in January, not because they have all suddenly developed a lifestyle health condition or realised how at risk they are.

Many have a very distorted idea about what a healthy diet is and it's based on media not on the science: detoxes, 80/20 rule (most authorities recommend 90/ 10), fasting, chia, diet pills ... Many more fool themselves about what they eat - many time I see people averaging three servings of fruit and veg claim they eat a lot of vegetables. Without meaning to be harsh it sounds like you are using some suspect sources of information to learn about nutrition and dietetics not the published science, there really is no fundamental difference between someone with orthorexic tendencies such as you display and a chronic overeater/ serial fad dieter.
This discussion has been closed.