i dont get it

Options

Replies

• MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is on a different journey, and we use MFP as a tool. It doesn't matter what diet or lifestyle change they make. What matters its how it works for THEM. Your journey is different from others, that's what make us alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll so unique:flowerforyou:
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well look at you all perfect and such :)

OK!!!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Where in the world do you get Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper?!?!?!

Must be an american thing. :(

It is, and it's delicious, but a bit too strong on the cherry for me. About 75 DP 25 CZ makes it perfect for me.

Take that, Tim Hortons and your stupid donuts that taste better than DD!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,059 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!

Only fifty more posts till it rolls off My Topics.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

Yes, it is a better choice. It IS better to drink from time to time than doing Meth......

That would depend on the person. :laugh:
  • MaisieRxo
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

Kudos. this is a great explanation.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    How about you worry about your own journey and others will worry about theirs.

Boom!
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Then why the diet coke yesterday in your diary?

I think any change made to the positive is great and drink my sweet n low tea with great relish. It's much better than the 2 to 3 soft drinks a day I used to drink.

Nice catch. :flowerforyou:
  • kek05elizabeth
    Options
    Because of comments and thoughts like this people who are really making an effort to try and change their lives for the better, GIVE UP! It is not easy for someone who is extremely overweight to just give up EVERYTHING that their body has come accustomed to eating for who knows how long.......I think this is none of your business and unfair to those who are really wanting and trying to make a difference. I feel bad for someone who comes across this that is obese and reads your "mini rant" and gives up because as you said " why bother" if you're not fully committed. Right? Shame on you. This is supposed to be a place for people to feel safe and communicate with other people suffering from the same thing and here you are bashing everything they thought was supposed to help them. This is supposed to be a network to support one another not JUDGE one another and how they are trying to lose weight.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    This is a daily battle for everyone. We are all human and we all need to do this the way we want. I for one choose to limit my "goodies" that I like, not totally rid my life of them. I will eat what I want, when I want, if I have exercised and it fits into my day. But it is THEIR journey, THEIR battle, and the help I get from my friends on here, the encouragement, is what will help. Not the constant dogging of this person's diet is better for them then the next person's. We are all at different stages.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I smell a TROLL....therefore, no comment.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.

Yes, brushing with it is good for teeth, but it's harmful or fatal if swallowed. Check your toothpaste for the warning label. :flowerforyou:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Why do you get to judge others? We are all here because we struggle with eating right and we are TRYING to change ourselves for the better. Are we all perfect? No. Are we all human and enjoy a treat once in a while? Yes.

Why did you eat Moe's Southwest Grill - Side of Tortilla Chips? Why do you drink Diet coke? Who knows what you are eating in all your "quick added calories" but really are you saying you only eat 100% foods that are good for you? Obviously you don't. So don't judge oothers. I try to be honest in my diary but my diary is for ME to keep ME on track not for you to judge. You seriously need to worry about yourself and your healthy choices not about everyone else.
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Half of your diary is "quick added" calories.

At least we are being honest about what we are eating.

(honestly I don't care what you put in your diary, I'm just making a point....glass houses)

thats actually because almost everything i eat is home made and i cant be bothered to list out every single ingrediant. i eat mutiple meals a day. every 3-4 hours and cant spend all that time logging eerything. i add it up and scan everything else that i can.

There is a recipe section for that. You can add all of your ingredients and it gives you the nutritional value for your meal. I figured you would have been using that, i mean since your little miss perfect and all.
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilty for eating at Moe's?

How unrefined do you think organic packaged food is? All your organic prepackaged food is highly processed.

And tofu - really? do you know what they have to do to the soy bean in order to make it editable for you?
  • cupkate88
    Options

^^ agreed.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    We have a couple of sayings in my house.

Rule number 1 is "Never assume". So when the OP starts the post with "I assume...." then it's downhill straight away. Never assume that anyone else is approaching things the same way as you are. Never assume that what works for you is the only way to do anything. Never assume that my goals are the same as yours.

Rule number 2 is "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good". It is just about impossible to get everything absolutely perfect all of the time, whether that is eating, exercising, communicating, etc. Don't get stressed out trying for the impossible, sometimes "good enough" will do.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

Im sure you knew the ED was bad for you but you still kept doing it? Same reason why people eat bad things.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I know I have heard contradictions that Aspartame in Diet Drinks has formaldehyde in it in trace amounts and is bad to drink but the nutritionist told me to drink diet pop if I have pop not regular cuz of the sugar content. And I have also heard that diet pop is only dangerous if it is stored over 90degree temps. And I have heard that Apple Juice causes weight loss but the nutritionist also told me to stay away from juice cuz its high in sugar. So there are alot of contradictions but am trying it with diet juices and coke zero or diet coke and coffee instead of regular soda and regular juice so will just see how that works. I don't like the taste as well but if it causes the weight loss I want then I will deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.