Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Coffeeeeeee....need it to function! Used to put non fat flavored creamers in, cut that out, cut out the sugar, doing something I thought I'd NEVER do, drink black coffee, meh, it's not that bad!!

I used to drink coffee at night too, still have the odd coffee run, just switched to green tea at night.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I gave it up because it was affecting my sleep patterns. It had me napping in the middle of the day and unable to sleep at night. I also didn't like the headaches I would get from not having it. I weened myself off using Teeccino Herbal Coffee substitute. Tastes a lot like coffee but completely herbal and NO caffeine. Unfortunately it has more calories than coffee so I allow myself only one cup and sometimes skip it altogether (without headaches) Anyway, it's good stuff. Can be found at wholefoods or here:

http://teeccino.com/
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah. Drinking a cup now. Like anything else do it in moderation and try to cut back on adding all the crap as much as your taste buds can handle. Coffee is actually good for the metabolism and expresso in particular is full of potassium. Will never ever give up my coffee and weight loss/maintenance never been an issue.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    NEVEr ever IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD I GIVE THATUP !
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    I must have my morning cup of java! I have 100% pure stevia extract and I put a little of that with 1/2 cup skim milk in it and it tastes pretty good! :)
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee....and it has nothing to do with weightloss...I like the taste of a good mug or four in the morning.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I love coffee- 2 sweeteners and skimmed milk :) i usually used to have about 3-5 cups a day, Im cutting it right down and swopping for flavoured teas just because it feels healthier and the sweeteners are bad for you
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I dont drink alot of it, sometimes I do. It makes my guts go crazy. I prefer my sugar free red bull.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't like coffee and never have. I'm prefer tea and drink multiple cups of oolong a day.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have a cup every day with ½ tbsp of sugar. It help me with occasional cravings and keeps me..."regular" lol. Then i'll have 1 or 2 cups of tea during the day too.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    225737581.jpg

I usually drink my coffee w/ skim milk and stevia. Sometimes I'll use sugar free creamers and flavored coffee beans.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    no, because i'm one of those strange people who can wake right up and go without it. I do drink it occasionally during finals though (grad student...) but then it's filled with more of that delicious french vanilla creamer than anything so it's best if I don't drink it often.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my coffee, although I carefully measure out my milk and sugar so that I can log appropriately, I don't think it has affected my weight loss in the least.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You called?

Umm..yea, I drink it. Grande Starbucks on my way into work, and another medium Timmy's while at work.

Nectar of the gods.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Love coffee, drink it everyday.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    For the safety of those around me, I drink coffee in the morning from my Keurig with REAL creamer and REAL sugar.
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee. Caffeine is a good stimulant to the CNS and well it really kicks me up to a proper morning. lol
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yep - I have at least 3-4 cups a day, sometimes more - One of those is usually a skinny, sugar free vanilla or caramel latté which I (really shouldnt get) have on my way to work - but I have skimmed milk, which is only a little drop, with no sugar! Although - it doesn't seem to have any effect on me, I can quite easily fall asleep at home with the mug half full in my hand
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the only thing that gets my fat butt out of the bed in the morning. NO way can I give it up !
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I do. It has not affected my weight loss.